Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-20-2006, 07:00 PM   #1
Airhog
Captain Obvious

MX vs ATV Unleashed

Is out now for the PC. It was released first on the XBOX. Made by the same guys that made Motocross Madness 2. It plays quite a bit like MM2, at least the MX stuff does. It also comes with track creation tools. I looks like you don't have to be a photoshop guru to be able to create a track. I didnt notice if it allowed you to import height maps. I know that MM2 track creators will want that, and I am sure you can make a much better track with one.

Gameplay is very similar to MM2, in fact I jumped right in and did very well. My only gripe is it didnt have as many racers as in MM2.

I have a ps2 controller hooked up to my PC and the force feedback didnt agree with the game.

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!

Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 04:16 PM   #2
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Okay, I have now gotten a bit more playing time in, so I can give you a better impression of the game.

Ive played one full season of the Nationals series, and I am working my way through the supercross series. I played the national series on medium, and I am playing the supercross series on hard. The medium setting was too easy for me on the nationals track. But I have to admit that the national tracks they give you have very little timing, and many of the jumps don't require much if any preloading. I won all but 3 of the heats. Yes, this game is finally molded just like real races. National series has 2 motos, and supercross series has a heats, a LCQ, and main event.

The Supercross tracks are nice. Plenty of rythym sections in them, which is nice. You better learn how to preload to the max to hit some of the stuff.

I played online for a few races too. Online play for me was silky smooth. It limits you to 6 people, but I will take that as long as the experience is good. I never saw any warping, or jumping around. I did get my ass kicked though. I would imagine it would require tons of practice to compete with those guys, but maybe if some other FOFC people get the game we can race sometime.

My only gripe is I don't care for the other vehicles. Im not a big ATV fan, and the physics of all of the other vechiles feels wierd. The physics of the bikes is pretty good. Although the track itself still feels like wood. I would love to have a game that could simulate the roughness of the turns in a motocross track, maybe one day though.

Graphics are nice, nothing spectacular. Music is okay, but I would love to hear an announcer during the supercross events. I can't wait to play some custom tracks, as that was the best thing about MCM2

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote