Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-13-2006, 01:56 AM   #1
AgustusM
College Prospect

Going to Denver

so in about a month here I am going to accompany my wife on a business trip to Denver.

Now I have been to Denver a dozen times on business trips but almost always fly in - office -hotel - office - fly home kind of a deal. I did get to go to one game at Coors field, but that has pretty much been my only experience in Denver outside of the airport, office, hotel shuffle.

so the good news is I am going and my wife will be at work all day so I will have a couple days to kill going to museums and what not - the bad news - yeah I am going to have my infant son who will be what, 4 months old when we go.

any suggestions of things I can do during the day that he can come along - I am thinking of museum type stuff - I don't really want to sit in the hotel room with him for 3 days.

AgustusM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:20 AM   #2
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgustusM
so in about a month here I am going to accompany my wife on a business trip to Denver.

Now I have been to Denver a dozen times on business trips but almost always fly in - office -hotel - office - fly home kind of a deal. I did get to go to one game at Coors field, but that has pretty much been my only experience in Denver outside of the airport, office, hotel shuffle.

so the good news is I am going and my wife will be at work all day so I will have a couple days to kill going to museums and what not - the bad news - yeah I am going to have my infant son who will be what, 4 months old when we go.

any suggestions of things I can do during the day that he can come along - I am thinking of museum type stuff - I don't really want to sit in the hotel room with him for 3 days.

Denver has a pretty solid museum. Downtown is also pretty enjoyable. The 16th street mall, capital building, Denver Mint, and some great places to eat are down there. A one hour trip puts you in the mountains.

An hour or so south puts you at the Air Force Academy. If they are giving tours, the chapel is incredible to see.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:28 AM   #3
WrongWay
Banned

Denver also has a first rate Zoo.

And you might try the Ocean Journey Aquarium.

Another indoor activity would be a tour of the Denver Mint.

Last edited by WrongWay : 01-13-2006 at 07:33 AM.
WrongWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 08:00 AM   #4
JeeberD
General Manager

The Denver Museum of Natural History is pretty dang cool, and there's an IMAX there to boot...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 10:28 AM   #5
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
The Coors Brewery in Golden is worth seeing as well. The route is stroller friendly.

If you do go down to Colorado Springs, Garden of the Gods is a must see as well. It is pretty close to the AFA. I'm not sure if they keep either the road or the incline train open in the winter, but if they do the Pikes Peak summit is really cool.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 11:37 AM   #6
st.cronin
General Manager

Can you do me a favor and tear down Mile High Stadium? It's the worst architectural travesty in America, by a long shot.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 12:28 PM   #7
AgustusM
College Prospect

thank you all for these great suggestions and the coors thing is tempting, but not sure what kind of looks I might get touring a brewery with my infant son - so I guess the museums and zoos will be the way to go.
AgustusM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 02:45 PM   #8
gkb
High School Varsity

I'd second the Zoo recommendation and the Museum of Natural History. I went to Ocean Journey several years back and didn't enjoy it at all. It may have changed since, I know it's switched owners at least once in that time.

You probably already have a hotel, but if not I LOVE the Hotel Teatro and highly recommend it.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:46 PM   #9
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

go see the Avs, of course.
Old 01-13-2006, 03:00 PM   #10
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

am I the only one that first thought that Agustus had found tickets for the game Saturday night and was simply gonna brag about it?

I obviously can't help you with the Denver part of it though, I even despise the Avs, formerly known in these parts as the Nords...

FM
Old 01-13-2006, 03:37 PM   #11
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkb
I'd second the Zoo recommendation and the Museum of Natural History. I went to Ocean Journey several years back and didn't enjoy it at all. It may have changed since, I know it's switched owners at least once in that time.

You probably already have a hotel, but if not I LOVE the Hotel Teatro and highly recommend it.

Ocean Journey is now a place to eat. It's horrible. Overpriced. The best thing about the exhibit is the tigers. Yes, you read that right, seeing tigers is the best thing at an AQUARIUM. Ugh.

It nearly went bankrupt. I'd advise against that. The zoo is great, just be aware that it can get cold depending on the day this time of year.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 03:51 PM   #12
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Go catch a show at Red Rocks and pray John Tesh is playing.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:02 PM   #13
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

The zoo would be great for kids. I killed some time there a while back. One of the more interesting oddball restaurants I've been to was in Denver, near downtown. The Buckhorn Exchange. The food is excellent, and you can go pretty exotic for a meat and potatoes place.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote