Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-24-2003, 08:12 PM   #1
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Give Me the Ball

Just in case the thread doesn't make it over. I'll wait a little bit before actually adding to it.

Allow me to introduce myself, not like I should actually have to. As you all know I am Billy Fitzpatrick, the top rated high school quarterback in the country. I am coveted by many teams and look to enjoy my senior season and see what kind of offers I receive.

There's not much to do here in Tuscon but I enjoy the perks that my popularity at Desert View High School have brought me, I love those cheerleaders.

My dad tells me that I should concentrate a little more on my on-field game and a little less on the off the field stuff. I have told him that I only am going to live once so he needs to relax and let me enjoy my fame and future fortune.

Right now the only thing on my mind is should I go pro early or let them drool over me for the fours years that I'm at college. I know that any school out there will want me. Who wouldn't want a star football player that brings a 3.93 GPA and an SAT score of 1469.

Time to go to practice, not like I really need it. Hopefully I'll start getting some calls from the big time colleges soon. A local small college actually contacted me and asked if I would come there. That was good for a few laughs.

Last edited by EagleFan : 01-25-2003 at 08:34 PM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 08:14 PM   #2
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I'm back from practice and I've received my first call. Michigan State wants me badly. They offered me a scolarship already. I told them I would think it over. Not sure if they're quite the school for me. Think about it, a high school QB that is averaging over 250 yards passing and over 100 yards rushing each game. I am the total package.

I have been compared to Favre. I guess that can be a compliment, for him at least.

Wow, I just had someone come to the door and hand me an envelope full of 20's. It's a green and white envelope and there's a note that says "We'll take care of you if you make the right choice."

That's what I'm talking about, people who really know how to show me the respect I deserve.

Time for another week of school. Big game coming up for us next weekend against one of the best teams in the conference. It'll be a rough week of practice.
Old 01-24-2003, 08:14 PM   #3
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Another boring week of school. Good thing the teachers really don;t expect much from me, after all this is my senior season and I'm sure they'll want me to get them tickets whenever I come back to play against the Cardinals.

I even found a kid that's even smarter than the last one to do my homework, that might get my GPA even higher. I just wish I knew him during the SAT's.

My phone has been rining off the hook with schools offering me scholarships. It's fun watching them scrambling trying to get me there. This week it was Michigan, Penn State, South Bend, Texas and Wisconsin. Not sure who I really want to play for yet though. Penn State looks fun but I don;t know about that old guy's offensive system. It might not feature my skills enough to get all those ESPN highlights.

Had another great game last week. I should easily see 1000 yards rushing and 2500 yards passing. As long as my coach doesn;t try calling plays for Johnson again. Just because he has one good game running the ball he thinks that he should get the ball more often. He's just not committed to my future enough.

Time to be heading to the keg party over at Johnson's house. I don't like handing him the ball, but I love those parties he throws when his parents go off on another one of their vacations.
Old 01-24-2003, 08:15 PM   #4
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

My parents let me miss some school this weeek to go visit Penn State. I love how the football team is treated like gods around here. If they treat average players like that, imagine the attention that I'll get.

I called my dad today and found out that LSU called to make me an offer. LSU? They have a football program? How quaint.

I am impressed with the old guy here at PSU, from what they tell me he's won a lot of games. He keeps bragging about his linebackers though, not sure what that's all about. I told him that I'm no linebacker but I threw for over 300 yards last week and ran for another 150.

It's a shame that the trip seemed to go by so quick. The women here are incredibly hot, a definite plus.
Old 01-24-2003, 08:16 PM   #5
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Another good game for me this week. I may be breaking the 2000 passing and 1000 rushing next weekend. That will be a great treat for the home fans.

I got contacted by Arizona and Georgia this week. They both offered me a scholarship. I like that I could be close to home and some of my friends if I chose Arizona but not sure about what kind of national exposure I would get.

I'll have to take some time to think it over. I still like the way things are at Penn State, as long as they can really feature me like the old guy said they would.

I've been invited up to see Penn state play Louisiana Tech this weekend. Luckily we play on Friday night this week so I'll be flying out after the game.

I had a decent game, the coach didn't let me run as much. He wanted Johnson to get more carries, said he's only a junior and he'll be the team's future next year. Without me I don't see much of a future.

A little jet-lagged but loved the game. Saw them improve to 3-0 with a 59-3 win. They are 4th in the nation. That is exactly the kind of spotlight I want to play under. I'm going to tell them that I will play for them next season. Now I just need to take it easy for the last couple games that we have so I don;t get hurt and ruin my future.
Old 01-24-2003, 08:17 PM   #6
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Getting settled into my dorm after finishing up my senior year. Wow, this feels great to be out on my own.

While hanging around the campus after preseason practice I ran into a beautiful girl named Erica. She is also a freshman and is trying out to be a cheerleader. We've went out to dinner a few times and a couple of the same parties. Ended up waking up in her dorm room the other day, wow what a night. Hopefully the old guy doesn't find out that I broke curfew. I guess we're now officially a couple.

Time to get to another one of those rough morning practices. Looking over the competition at quarterback I think I have a good chance of getting some time this season. Hopefully I can get some highlight time.
Old 01-24-2003, 08:18 PM   #7
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I can't believe it. The old guy just told me that I was being red-shirted this season. How can he do that to someone with my talent?

Well, we won our first game at home against Troy State, 59-0. I got to watch as the quarterbacks who are on the roster did nothing much to speak of, and against a weak opponent.

Week 2 we went to 2-0 with a 24-10 win over Pittsburgh. We're now 5th in the nation. Our starting quarterback was 109 of 20 for 101 yards, what kind of numbers are they for a starting quarterback?

Week three we get an away game, at Army. A 55-6 win for us yet somehow we have dropped to number 10 in the polls. Our starter was 12 for 12 for 221 yards, a good game by the receivers today.

Week 4 we're off. We travel to Mminnesota in week 5. A 31-0 over Minnesota to make us 4-0. Rodgers had some decent numbers again, another good day by the receivers.

Week 6 we stand as the #9 team in the country and face our first conference opponent, Michigan. We win 23-18 in front of our home fans. Now 5-0.

I'm starting to get a little tired of not playing, but at least Erica is keeping me happy. I'm quite popular on campuss, and that's before I even start playing. I'll be worshipped once they see me play. I'm getting by in my classes, but that's not my main concern.

Week 7 we're off and the old guy is letting us go without practice so I took the time to hang out with some of my new friends. We got busted in a local bar for being under-age but once he saw that we were football players for PSU he looked the other way. Life is just getting better each day.

Week 8, now also ranked #8, we will be hosting Indiana. Talk about embarrassing. We got beat 38-13 by Indiana. Our whole team played awful, they controlled the ball and we couldn't do anything. When our quarterback was forced into passing he was awful. Well, we're now 5-1, gonna drop in the polls.

Week 9 we have our biggest game yet. At 5-1 we are now 13th in the polls and we are going up against Ohio State who is 6-0 and #1. I asked the old guy about getting some playing time and he got all cranky with me. He must have missed his nap that day. Tough loss for us on the road, 20-17. We're now 5-2. Rodgers had a good game today, throwing for over 300 yards thanks to Gaines (10 catches for 191 yards).

Week 10 we play at Evanston. We're now down to 5-2 and #18. Oh well, hopefully I'll get red-shirted all year so I'll have full seasons to play now. That way I can set all sorts of records. Another tough road loss, 36-34. They scored with 19 second left to beat us. Gaines had another brilliant day, 7 catches for 164 yards. He's only a sophomore, that means I'll get plenty of chances to throw to him, unless he goes pro early.

In week 11 we host the winless Wisconsin team. We've dropped to #26 and need something like this to boost the team's spirits. The parties are much more fun after a win, especially when Erica invites her friends to the parties. 31-7 win for us thanks to Tanner running for 164 yards.

Week 12 we play at Illinois. We're up to #23 and should win this game as they are just 4-5. How can we lose to them, 16-15 on a late field goal. Rodgers was 6 for 16, not consistent at all. I'll really look good after some of his performances.

Now at 6-4 going into our final regular season game. We host Michigan State. We might be able to get some little stupid bowl game appearance if we win. Big win, 52-25 to end up 7-4. Great day by our defense with 3 picks and 2 for touchdowns.

Now we get to wait for the other teams to finish their season to see what little bowl game we get. With the extra time that I have been having I put a little actual effort into some of my classes. I actually passed a test on my own.

Surprisingly we actually made it to the Medicine Bowl, one of the better bowl games. We'll be facing Oregon. Total blow out as we beat them 58-28. Tanner ran to 248 yards. Good thing he's also a sophomore. He had over 1500 yards this season.

I decided to stay at least another year. I want to get some highlight time before I jump to the pros.
Old 01-24-2003, 08:18 PM   #8
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Back for my sophomore season and the old guy tells me I'm second string. It's better than red-shirt but come one, does he want to win or not. Just because they have some local guy on the team they want to let him be the starter.

Week one we play some small team from Alaska. We beat Anchorage 55-3. The old guy put me in late in the game and all I got to do was hand the ball off. Tanner had 129 yards and 2 touchdowns and Faylor had 122 yards. We ran the ball all day long. Maybe I should have went to Florida.

Week 2 we host Army. Another easy win, 45-3. I got a little bit more playing time in this one and had a 6 yard touchdown run. Overall 3 carries for 7 yards and I was 1 for 3 for 20 yards passing. Tanner ran for 146 yards and had a touchdown. I earned 2 stokes for the game. My touchdown was on a nice run from an option play, maybe that'll make SportsCenter.

Week 3 we get to host Pittsburgh. We're 2-0 and #10 in the nation right now. A 27-3 breeze of a win to put us at 3-0. A win over a local rival like this means big parties tonight. I got some play time. Ran the ball twice for 6 yards and was 0 for 1 passing. That pass was intercepted, but it's the receiver's fault, he ran the wrong route.

We have a week off now, coach is letting us take off the the weekend. I'll be going away with Erica for the weekend. One of the alumni has a cottage up in the hills that he lets us football players use. I spent the evenings looking over the game film of my few plays last week. Therre's a chance that the interception wasn't the receiver's fault but I'm still not convinced.

Week 5 arrives. We're 3-0 and #9. We host the 2-1 Purdue team for our first conference game. I spent the week taking a little extra practice with a couple of the receivers on the team. Gaines is really cool and a hell of a receiver. Once I get to play full time I'll make sure the ball gets in his hands. Purdue kicked our butts 48-17. I got a lot of playing time. It's a little tougher than I thought it was going to be. I was sacked twice, giving me awful rushing numbers (5 for -16). Passing I was just 9 for 23 for 124 yards with no touchdowns and got picked twice. Our starter got injured on the first play so I played most of the game. They put the third string in near the end, he was 1 for 9. I made a tackle on one of the picks. I did end up getting 2 stokes out of the game. Maybe I need to start putting a little more effort into this, I thought it was going to be so easy once I got into a game like this.

I called my dad after the game. He was watching and told me that he was proud of me. How? I was awful. He gave me some advice, said that I should really start listening to what Coach has been telling me. How can some old guy know enough to help me? Oh well, I'll figure this out and get my highlight time. Hey look, there I am on ESPN, going back and throwing... the interception, how can they show that? How can they show both of them? It's like they were the only passes that I threw. I need a drink, going to go over to Erica's dorm for a while.

Week 6 we play at Evanston. Big time 37-7 win. Tanner ran for 186, another big time game for him. I only got a little time, mostly hand-off time. Was 0 for 1 passing. I want to play, this is getting tiresome.

Week 7, we take our 4-1 record and #14 ranking into Iowa, they are also 4-1 and the papers have them as a favorite. Hopefully I'll see some time, it's a TV game so my dad will be able to watch. We crushed them, 59-22. Tanner had 120 yards, Francis had 100. We ran the ball all day on them. I never even got into the game. I feel like my skills are just being wasted. The old guy said it's my attitude that's keeping me back.

Week 8 we go to Minnesota to play. We're 5-1 now and ranled #11. Minnesota is 2-3, this should be an easy win. We have yet another blow out, 42-10. Gaines had 8 catches for 168 yards and 3 touchdowns. Walters actually had a good game passing. Again I didn't get any action. I even tooke extra practice this week. I asked Gaines after the game if we could work on some timing routes sometime this week. Hopefully the coach will see that I'm trying to keep myself in game shape and ready to go when he gives me the nod.

Week 9. We're 6-1 and #10. Indiana is coming to town. I had a sit down with Coach at my request and we talked about what I need to do. Maybe dad was right, I should give this guy a chance, he does hold some kind of record they tell me. We went to 7-1 with a 35-23 win thanks to 2 4th quarter touchdowns. I got to watch from the sidelines all game again. I did get to see how Walters handled working to the hot receiver on a blitz. They say I telegraph it by looking his way before the snap. I'll have to work on that a little more, maybe.

Week 10, Ohio State is coming to town. They are #8 and we are #9. We're now 7-1. A win here really gives us a good shot at a BCS game this year. Walter got hurt, I come in to play in the 4th. Tied 13-13 after regulation. A very good game. Tanner scores first on a 1 yard run to put us up 20-13. They answer on their possesion to tie it at 20. OSU scores on it's second possession on a 5 yard run to make it 27-20. I hit Gaines for a 21 yard touchdown, my first passing TD in college and we tie it at 27. We miss a field goal on our 3rd possession, it's up to the defense now. They score on a 15 yard pass to win 33-27. We drop to 7-2. I had 4 carries for 19 yards and was 5 for 7 for 96 yards with 1 touchdown and 1 interception. I again had the tackle on the pick. I was given 1 stoke for the game.

Week 11, Michigan brings a 6-2 record and #20 ranking into Happy Valley. We are 7-2 and are at #15 after a tough loss to Ohio State. Walters is doubtful with a hyper-extended elbow. I've been practicing with the number one squad all week. This might me my big break. Just prior to the game coach tels me that Walters is going to give it a go and that I need to keep lose in case they need me. I am impressed with him playing through the pain. He has a decent day with 3 touchdowns. I get late action and only have one rushing attempt, a kneel down, for -1 yards. I do go 2 for 2 passing for 51 yards. We're now 8-2 with one regular season game left. I got another stoke in the game.

Week 12 is another off-week for us. Coach gives us a small practice and the rest of the weekend off. I'll be going with Walters, Gaines and Tanner on a hunting trip. The three of them are all local and grew up hunting. Being from Arizona this will be my first time. Luckily we're bringing a lot of beer, I can't see liking the whole hunting thing. The only one to land anything was Walters, he got what he called an 8 pointer. We all promised that if we make it to the pros we will still get together once a year for something like this. If not hunting it will be a weekend camping trip or something like that. This was the first time that I really talked to Walters, he's actually pretty cool. Even though I still want his starting job.

Week 13, we still are #15. We will be going to play Michigan State, a 4-6 team. A win would put us at 9-2 and in a good spot for a bowl bid. We beat them easily, 37-7. I don't get in to play but Walters does a good job going 18 for 28 for 236 yards. Tanner had 115 rushing. We dominated the entire game.

After a couple weeks of practice and waiting on the bowl bids we find out that we will be playing in the Edible Fruit Bowl against the 9-2 Texas A&M. We are ranked #14 and they are #11, it should be a good matchup.

We jumped out early on them abd crushed them, 44-14. We were up 34-0 at the half. Walters was 18-21 for 258 in his final college game. Tanners rushed for 101. Gaines had 6 catches for 78 yards and a touchdown. I didn't get into the game. I think that next season the reigns will be handed over to me.

Walters surprises us by telling us that he's coming back next season. He still has a year left that he can play. He says it's important to finish his degree. That really surprises us since he has never shown any attempt at his school work. I have no idea what that means for me at this point. I think coach will know it's best to go with me for this team's future.
Old 01-24-2003, 08:19 PM   #9
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

After a fun summer back home hanging with my old friends I head back to college. I've been keeping in touch with Erica all summer and went to see her a few times. Things are going very well between us.

I arrived at college and headed to the weight room. I have been working out all summer and am up to 218 now. I found Walters there doing some reps and asked how his summer was. He's a little pissed as he was put on academic probation. That's a shame for him but at least it may bode well for me. I made sure not to let my happiness for myself show through, of course a year ago I wouldn't have cared if it did, but that was before I got to know him.

We get a late start to the season this year as we have off week one. Coach puts us through some serious workouts that week. Erica is a little pissed since she didn't see me much. I'll make it up to her soon, I've been thinking about popping the question.

Week 2 and our first game has arrived. We travel to Pittsburgh to play our local rival. I get my first start and it's a rough one. We find outselves trailing 31-13 with under 7 minutes to go in the game. With under 6 minutes to go I hit Gaines for a 47 yard touchdown to make it 31-19. I complete a pass for the 2 point conversion and it's 31-21. Our defense stuffs them and I throw a 23 yard touchdown pass to bring us to within 31-28 but we run out of time and lose 31-28. I am 7 for 15 for 199 yards with 2 touchdowns and 1 interception. I onbly picked up 2 yards on the ground. I got 6 stokes for the game. Gaines had 4 catches for 146 yards and a touchdown.

We have week 3 off and get put through the ringer by Coach. He's very upset with the way we performaed last week. Especially the defense as they ran right through them early in the game.

Week 4 an 0-2 New Mexico State comes to town. We need a win badly and I need to really put on a show. We jump all over them big time, 45-3. I lit the place up and got player of the game honors. I'll be onn SportsCenter tonight. I was 16 of 19 for 197 yard and 4 touchdowns with no picks. I had 22 yards rushing as well. Gaines had 8 catches for 139 yards and 3 touchdowns. All that extra practice we had is starting to pay off. Tanner ran for 117. I am completely confused as I only get awarded 1 stoke for that game.

Week 5 we travel to Minnesota. They are 0-2 but the paper has them as a slight favorite, totally disrepecting us. We win 21-7 to improve to 2-1. I was 9 of 13 for 158 yards with 2 touchdowns and 1 interception. Gaines had 4 catches for 103 yards and a touchdown. I got 2 stokes awarded. I'm starting to feel much more comfortable out there.

Going into week 6 I take a peek at the stats and see that I have the second highest QB rating in the nation. This week we are up to #24 and will be hosting Iowa in our first conference game of the season. We slaughtered them 62-7. I only played a half and got to rest the second half. I was 11 for 15 for 184 yards and a touchdown with no picks. Gaines had 7 catches for 105 yards and a touchdown. Tanner ran for 186 and 5 touchdowns and Faylor, second string, ran for 120. I got 2 stokes awarded. Tanner got 16 for this game.

Week 7 we travel to Purdue. We are 3-1 and #17. They are 2-3 and not ranked. We put up some points again in a 59-23 win to go 4-1. I had a good game, 18 of 24 for 239 with 1 TD and 1 pick. Gaines had 6 catches for 97 yards and a touchdown. I was awarded 6 stokes for this game. It's going to be a great party when we get back to campus, they've been getting better all the time. I am the man on campus now, or me, Gaines and Tanner are the three men on campus.

Week 8 we have another non-conference game. This one is with Ball State. At 4-1 and #14 in the nation this should be an easy win as it's in front of our home fans. Some of us broke curfew last night and went out partying, a little hung-over but it shouldn't affect the outcome. Even hung-over I end up player of the game as we win 69-15 to improve to 5-1. I was 15 of 23 for 257 with 3 TD's and no picks. I also had a QB sneak for a touchdown. I was given 4 stokes for the game. I can already see the highlights now. Can't wait to get back to the dorm to watch SportsCenter.

Week 9 we go to Wisconsin. We are 5-1 and #10, they are 1-5 and a home underdog. We are licking our chops for another fun win. They actually give us a bit of a game. We end up taking it 24-7 though. They had a good pass defense. I was only 7 of 14 for 99 yards and only 1 touchdown and no picks. I got 1 stoke in the game but the importatnt part is that we are now 6-1.

Week 10, a big time chance to prove outselves. We are #9 and have a 6-1 record and will be hosting Ohio State who is also 6-1 and is #4. In a high scoring affari we come away with a 38-31 win. I had a bad day going just 9 for 15 for 113 yards with 1 touchdown and 2 picks. I ran for 24 yards. David Faylor is playing in place of Tanner, who is injured and he ran for 162, including 4 touchdowns. I got 2 stokes for the game. We are now 7-1 with a big win under our belt now.

Got the report on Tanner's injury. A compound leg fracture. He's on the shelf for almost 9 months. I hope that doesn;t hurt his pro chances. That means that Faylor will be the man in the backfield the rest of the season. He has done well though as he has 792 yards so far, he has had several 100 yard games just in relief of Tanner during blowouts.

Week 11, we are now #8 and host Illinois. They are 4-4 and we are a 17 point favorite. We get off to a slow start as they get 2 field goals on us to go up 6-0 but it's all us after that as we go on to win 37-6. Defensive back Zach Wallace has a great game with 2 interception returns for a touchdown and a kickoff return 99 yards for a touchdown. I used my legs a bit more today, running for 59 yards to lead the team in rushing. I was only 8 of 13 for 65 yards with 1 touchdown and 1 pick. Our defense won that game for us. I got 2 stokes for the game. We are now 8-1 and in great position for a bowl bid.

Week 12 we are the national game as we host #18 Michigan. We got handled easily by Michigan 35-25. I had a poor day with 3 interceptions. I was 12 of 22 for 213 and 3 touchdowns to go with those 3 picks. I got 2 stokes for the game. We drop to 8-2.

Week 13 we play at Michigan State. A win will give us a 9-2 record and another good bowl birth, my first bowl as a starter. They hung around with us for a whole as it was 14-14 late in the 3rd until we finally put them away with a 38-20 final. I was 13 of 15 for 172 and 2 touchdowns with no picks. I also had 19 yards on the ground. I earned 5 stokes for the game.

As we wait to find out about our bowl birth we practice hard and play even harder. Parties are almost nightly, without coach finding out.

We will be going to the Dore Schary Bowl, a BCS Bowl, to play Stanford. We ran the ball down their throats as we win 35-17 to finish 10-2. I was 7 of 12 for 104 yards. I had an 8 yard touchdown run. Faylor shouldered the load as he ran for 225 yards and 2 touchdowns in his last game. I got 2 stokes for the game.

Time to go worry about the rest of the school year. I think I may pop the question to Erica on Valentine's Day.
Old 01-24-2003, 08:19 PM   #10
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I'm staying in school but I went to the NFL draft to support some of the guys that are entering the draft. Faylor and Tanner are both entering as well as Walters.

Faylor went in the first round, #15 to Kansas City. He's pumped about the possibility of playing pro at a place like that.

Our tight end Ethan Bolerjack went to Tampa in the second round.

Cornerback Ken Campbell went to San Francisco in the 4th round.

Wide receiver Marc Williamsson went to Seattle in the 4th.

Our kicker Tony HJardy went to Philly in the 5th round.

Tanner didn't go until the 5th round, to Dallas. That late season ijury really hurt his stock.

Unfortunately for Walters he went undrafted. I think staing in school that extra year cost him. Especially since he didn't play.

Faylor and Tanner both said they will get me tickets to see them play this season when they can. Both are hoping to make an impact on their team.
Old 01-24-2003, 08:20 PM   #11
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

My senior year is starting, not sure if I'm going to come back for my final year after this one. I'll see how things go. I've been watching Faylor and Tanner in their preseason games. So far it looks like Tanner is still feeling the affects of the injury. Faylor is averaging over 7 yards a carry so far in the preseason for the Chiefs.

We don't play until week 2 so coach has been really working us early in these practices. He says he wants to get out stamina up for the season. Erica doesn't like these early season practices but I told her that it will be worht it in the long run. I was going to propose during Valentine's Day but decided to wait until this upcoming one. By then I'll know more about my future.

Week 2 we travel to Ball State to open the season. We got off fast and beat them easily, 34-10. I was 15 for 22 for 201 yards with 2 touchdowns and 1 pick. Our newest runningback, who played sparingly last season, Moyad, had a great game with 177 yards. Gaines had 8 catches for 115 yards and a touchdown. I got 2 stokes for the game.

Week 3 we host Pittsburgh. We are #7 in the country. We dominated them, 59-24. I was 15 for 20 for 341 yards and 4 touchdowns, to go with 1 pick. SportCenter here I come. Moyad had 149 yards. Gaines was unstoppable, 10 catches for 281 yards and 3 touchdowns. I earned 4 stokes in the game. We are now 2-0 and looking good.

Looking at the stats I see I am again the number 2 rated passer in the nation. Moyad is 8th in the nation in rushing yards per game. Gaines is 1st in receptions, 3rd in yards and 2nd in touchdowns.

Week 4 we host Army, this should help us go 3-0. It does, but suprisingy we win a close game, 17-12. I was 10 for 14 for 123 yards with 1 touchdown and 2 picks. I had a tackle on one of the picks. Moyad had 205 yards rushing. Gaines, just 2 catches for 44 yards. I got 4 stokes from the game. We're now 3-0.

Week 5 we host Wisconsin who is 0-3. We are #5 and 3-0. An easy 42-7 wins puts us at 4-0. I was 15 of 21 for 218 yards with 1 touchdown and 1 pick. Gaines had 6 catches for 118 yards and a touchdown. Moyad ran for 154 with 3 touchdowns. I got 4 more stokes for this game.

Up next we are hosting Iowa. Coach P tells us to be very careful about this team. They have an 0-3 record but have lost close games to good teams. They are due to break loose one of these games. We all are still in shock as we lose 48-45. We were losing 42-35 with under 3 minutes to go. Moyad scored on a 1 yard run with 2:22 to go to make it 42-42. We got the ball back and moved intot field goal position and hit a field goal with 2 second left to give us a 45-42 lead. Iowa got a 97 yard kickoff return as time expired to win the game 48-45. We still can't believe it happened. I was 16 of 19 for 284 yards and a touchdown. I ran for 13 and a touchdown. Gaines caught 9 for 194. Moyad ran for 150 and 4 touchdowns. I got 3 stokes for the game.

Week 7, a big game. We are #10 and 4-1 and travel to Indiana who is also 4-1. We have an off week next week so we need to go into that on a high note. Our offense was clicking as we win 45-31 to go 5-1. I was 16 of 24 for 239 yards and 2 touchdowns. Moyad ran for 172. Gaines had 4 catches for 60 yards and 2 touchdowns. I earned 5 stokes for the game. We go into our off week at 5-1.

A quick look at the stats show me as still the 2nd rated passer in the nation. I have the highest completion percentage in the nation. Moyad is 5th in the nation in rushing yards per game and 10th in rushing touchdowns. Gaines leads the nation in receiving yards, is 6th in receiving touchdowns and has dropped 0 balls.

Our team is 9th in the nation at rushing yards per game. Our defense is 12th in the nation in rushing defense. Our offense is 5th in the nation at scoring. We have the best 3rd down conversion percentage in the nation. We are 4th in the nation at red zone efficiency.

Cole Tanner has invited me to see his Cowboys play in Philly this weekend. I'll be sitting with the family members. There are a lot of PSU fans there so I should get a lot of recognition. Maybe even a shot up on the big screen. It was nice to see him for the first time in a while. HE looks like he's bulked up a bit more since last season. It was nice to see him get into the end zone, he scored on a 4 yard run late in the 1st quarter. He has only seen limited time as Emmitt Smith is still their feature back, but that won't be for much longer. It was a good game for his team as they won 20-7, bad day for the Philly fans though. Tanner had 7 carries for 25 yards and a touchdown, not bad for his playing time. He looks like he's recovered from the injury. Time to be getting back to the campus.

In the 9th week of the season we travel to Purdue. We're 5-1 and ranked #9, they are 3-3. We are well rested and ready to prove ourselves again. This one was over early. We whipped them 66-22. I was 11 of 14 for 211 yards with 2 touchdowns and no picks. I also ran for 21 yards. Moyad had 167 yards and 3 touchdowns. His backup, Willis, had 129 yards and 2 touchdowns. Gaines had 4 catches for 114 yards. I got 4 stokes for the game. We're now 6-1 and rolling.

Next up we are hosting Illinois. We are now #7 in the country at 6-1. They are 5-3 coming into the game. We are a 2 touchdown favorite but Coach P tells us again not to get too comfortable, we need to go out and win it like we can. What a game it ended up being. They tied it up at 24 by scoring 10 points in the final 6 minutes of the game and to send it to overtime. We got the ball first and moved the ball down to the 8 on a couple plays. I then hit Gaines for a touchdown pass to put us up by 7. They came right back in their possession to tie. In the second overtime they missed a field goal. We moved the ball until I hit Rivers with a 4 yard touchdown pass to win the game 37-31. Close but at least we're 7-1. I was 15 of 21 for 206 yards and 3 touchdowns but got picked twice. Moyad was incredible with 213 yards and a touchdown. Gaines had another fine day with 6 catches for 113 yards and a touchdown. I got 2 more stokes.

With our record at 7-1 and now #6 we travel to Ohio State. They are having an off season at 4-4 but they can be a dangerous team, especially since they are playing with nothing to lose and everything to gain. They look to have quit on the season as we just tore through them, 73-24. We were up 49-10 at the half. My backups got plenty of playing time. I was 6 for 8 for 185 yards and two touchdowns with no picks. Moyad ran for 144 yards and 4 touchdowns. Willis came in and ran for 138 and 3 touchdowns. Gaines had 4 catches for 84 yards and a touchdown. I got 2 stokes that game. We're now 8-1 and have a great shot at a BCS bowl game.

Week 12 we play at Evanston who is 7-2. We are still #6 with our 8-1 record. This looks to be the last of our tough challenges as we return to Happy Valley for the final game. We get up 31-10 after the 3rd quarter and see them score 17 in the 4th to make it close at 31-27 but that's all they end up with and we come away with the win and now a 9-1 record. I was 10 of 20 for 265 yards and 4 touchdowns. I also wan for 27. Gaines had 3 catches for 162 yards and 2 touchdowns. I only got 1 stoke out of the game, not sure why.

Week 13, our last regular season game before waiting to see what bowl we end up at. We host Michigan State in the national game. They are 7-2 and #25. Our 9-1 record still keeps us at #6. We manhandle them in front of a national audience, 41-3. I was 13 of 17 for 171 yards. I also ran for 27. Moyad ran for 100 and had 2 touchdowns. Gaines had 6 catches for just 78 yards. We're now 10-1 and waiting to see where we play. BCS here we come.

We'll be playing in the Sinclair Lewis Bowl against Georgia Tech. They are also 10-1 and they are #7. This will be the biggest bowl we've been in since I've been here. We weren;t ready for what they brought at us. We lose 41-14 to them. This game leaves a bitter taste. I was 12 of 27 for 193 yards. I ran for 14 as well. Moyad was hurt with a sprained neck so he played very little and the rest of us couldn't shoulder the burden. A very rough loss for us.

As we head back to the campus we all vow that if we get that far again, the outcome will be different. I don't know if I want to come back for another season or go pro. I need to talk to a few people to see where they think I would go.

I just got told that I was on the Conference All-Academic team. Moyad was Conference 2nd team running back. Gaines was 1st team all-American. Made it to the all-Senior team. He was also all-Conference 1st team for the second straight season. In his 4 season he had 222 catches and in that time dropped only 4 passes, none his senior year. He'll be going high in the draft, at least he should.

I decided to come back for one more season. This will be Moyad's senior season and he said he's coming back for it. I will miss throwing to Gaines though. I'll take some time this off-season to work on some timingroutes with the other returning receivers. I want this last season to be something special.

I talked to Tanner the other day. Unfortunately for him and Faylor neither team made the playoffs. Faylor got very little playing time but Tanner got over 100 carries for the Cowboys abnd had about 500 yards. Not bad as a backup to Emmitt.

I'll be going with Gaines to the NFL draft later this year, but now it's time to meet Erica for our latest date.
Old 01-24-2003, 08:21 PM   #12
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Here at the draft with my fellow Penn Saters to see who will be playing in the NFL this season.

Cornerback Joe Ellis went #2 overall to Miami. I didn't erally get to know him much, the defense and offense didn;t really mix a lot.

Gaines didn't go until the third round to Minnesota. A little surprised with his big play capability.

Defensive end Albert Stuart went in the 5th round to New england.

Cornerback Brock Burton went in the 5th round to Chicago.

We had a party for Gaines after the draft. He's excited about getting a shot at playing pro ball. We were a little down about Walters, he finally gave up trying for the NFL and headed north to play in the CFL.

Good news for Tanner, Emmitt retired which might mean more playing time for him.

Time to get back to campus. I'm meeting Erica tonight and have the ring ready to pop the question.
Old 01-25-2003, 02:56 PM   #13
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Great news. She said yes. We'll be planning all summer and we set a date for the weekend following the NFL draft this upcoming season. I hope that will be a great week all-around.

We have an extra week to get prepared as we're off week one. I've been keeping an eye on my old team-mates and Gaines looks like he won't see much playing time with Moss on the team. Tanner is playing second fiddle to another back they picked up, even though Tanner is much better and should have been Smith's replacement. Faulor was the Chief's best back in the preseason but is relegated to a backup role, actually 3rd string.

Week 2 arrives and we host UTEP. It's the first game for each of us. We beat them easily in front of our home fans, 49-14. I was 12 of 15 for 142 yards and 3 touchdowns with no picks. I got another 5 stokes. I really wish Coach P would let us open up the offense a little more instead of our constant pounding running game. We had over 300 on the ground.

Week 3, we host Army. We are #7 at 1-0, they come in at 0-1. They really suprised us with their defense. They held a 7-0 half-time lead until we finally put some points on the board in the second half to win 17-7 and go 2-0. I was 12 of 17 for 153 with no touchdowns and 1 pick. Moyad is out with a hamstring pull and might miss the rest of the season. His backup, Wade Sheldon, had over 170 yards in relief in our first game and had over 170 again this past game as the starter. Both of them are in their last season. We should all be at the draft together.

Week 4, Pittsburgh brings it's 0-3 record into town. I really want Coach to let me open it up a bit against their defense. He says patience and controlling the clock is what he wants. Another big win, 52-12. The only touchdown they got was on a kick return. I was 12 of 17 for 147 yards and 2 touchdowns with no picks. Sheldon had another big game with 174 and 3 touchdowns. In 3 games he has 529 yards and 5 touchdowns. I am really missing Gaines and his big play capability though. These current receivers can't make any plays, the passing game is all on my shoulders.

Week 5 we travel to Minnesota, they are 1-2. They needed to call the mercy rule in this one. We were up 52-3 at the half on the way to a 59-3 win. I only played the first half and was 4 fof 4 for 56 yard and 2 touchdowns with no picks. Sheldon also just played the first half and had 104 and 1 touchdown. His backup Willis had 153. We're 4-0 now and making people take notice.

Week 6, we host Iowa who is 3-1. We are now #5 at 4-0. A win against an opponent like this should really boost our rating. Another big win, 52-10. I was 10 of 19 for 178 and 1 touchdown with no picks. I also ran for 39, including a 15 yard touchdown. I picked up 3 more stokes, 93 for my career.

Week 7, Purdue brings their 4-1 record into Happy Valley. We are #5 at 5-0. If we win this game Coash says we're free next weekend since we don't have a game. Wow, too close of a game for comfort. I had to tie the game up with a 37 yard touchdown with under 2:00 to go and then win it with a touchdown pass on our first possession of overtime. Our defense made them turn it over on downs following our score. I was 12 of 19 for 174 yards and 4 touchdowns with no picks. I got 3 more stokes and we're now 6-0.

Got into a fight with Erica after practice this week. She is mad that I'm using my week off to go watch a pro game. I told her that she can come along too. I finally made it up to her by getting her flowers and taking her out to dinner on Thursday. Some of the alumni helped set that all up, it's great being treated like the star that I am.

Looking over the stats midway through the season. I'm second in the nation again in quarterback rating, 3rd in completion percentage. 14th in touchdown passes and have the best TD to Int ration with 12 touchdowns and only 1 pick. Our team leads the nation in rushing yards per game, 7th in pass defense, 2nd in turnover ratio, 4th in scoring offense, 7th in scoring defense, 6th in 3rd down conversions, 9th in 3rd down conversion defense and have allowed the 2nd fewest red zone opportunities.

One of the alumni flew me down to Dallas for the weekend. The Cowboys were hosting the Cardinals. I got to see Tanner for a while before the game and they let me watch from the sidelines. They won 26-13 but Tanner just had 3 carries for 7 yards and 1 catch for 6 yards. He hasn't had much playing time this season. It's a shame since he thought this would be his year after Smith retired. I am hoping to get to see the Vikings later in the season so I can see Gaines play. They are having quarterback trouble up there, that would be great if I ended up on the same team as him. Time to get back to the campus to study for a couple tests this week.

Week 9, we travel to Wisconsin. They are 0-6. We are 6-0 and #3 in the nation. We are huge favorites and we want to win by even more than predicted. This is my last season, I really want to reach that national championship game. I had no receivers to work with and was only 6 of 16 for 109 yards with no touchdowns and 1 interception. Sheldon had another huge day with 174 and 2 touchdowns. We won 17-14, it was 17-7 until they scored a late touchdown to make it look a little closer. We have to lpay better it we want a shot at the title.

Week 10, we are still #3 and are now 7-0. Ohio State is coming to town. Their program has taken a turn for the worse. What was once a proud program is now in shambles and sits at 0-7. We handled them easily with a 38-13 win. I was 13 of 17 for 158 with 2 touchdowns and 2 picks. I got 3 more stokes. We're now 8-0.

We travel to Illinois next. They are 3-5 for the season. I found some great strip clubs to hang out at the night before the game. It's not wuite the same without Gaines and the old gang hanging out. I'll have a few shots for them. My head felte like it was in a vice the entire game, maybe I poured it on a little too much the night before. We still won 34-21 though. I was 13 of 21 for 166 yards with 1 touchdown. I think they said I got 8 stokes for the game but my head is still pounding so I want to sleep on the way back to the campus.

I can't believe it, I got reemed out by the coach for my partying. He said that I might not start this next game. Is he crazy? I thought he wanted to win. We are currently 9-0 and #3 and have Michigan coming into town. They are #19 and are 7-2, noting to take lightly by starting a backup quarterback. After agreeing to never do that again the coach finally said that I will be starting. That's good because this game will be one of the big games this week.

We crushed them, 48-10. We're now 10-0 with just one regular season game left. I was 17 of 19 for 228 with 3 touchdowns and no picks. I got 4 stokes for the game. We are very close to the big game now, just one team standing in our way.

Our last game. We play at Michigan State who is 7-3 this season. We are all pumped up for this game. This is what we are here for. It's not starting out good. They score on the last play of the 1st quarter to go up 7-0. We got a field goal in the second to make it 7-3 at the half. Midway throught he third they picked me off and returned it for a touchdown to make it 14-3. That was the score after 3. With 10:44 to go in the game Willis scored on a 2 yard run to make it 14-9. We went for 2 to try to get within a field goal but the receiver dropped my pass. With 7:27 to go in the game I connected for a 12 yard touchdown pass to make it 15-14. I completed the 2 point conversion to give us a 17-14 lead. They got the ball back with 2:59 to go at their own 10. They drove 79 yards in 10 plays to our 11 yard line and line up for a field goal to tie. The snap, slight bobble, the ball is down, the kick, it hit the goal post and bounces out. We ge the ball with 17 seconds to go. We're going 11-0 for the season. I was only 7 of 15 for 131 with 1 touchdown and 2 interceptions. I got 4 stokes for the game.

We now have some time off to wait and see what bowl game we get, we hope for the best. I'll be going to see Gaines play next week, looking forward to it.

Last edited by EagleFan : 01-25-2003 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-25-2003, 11:40 PM   #15
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Hey, this is pretty neat.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 09:25 AM   #16
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The alumni helped send me up to Detroit to see Gaines and his Vikings take on the Lions. It's a big game for them as they try to keep their playoff hopes alove against the division leaders. We're going to a sports bat that we found in the area to watch Auburn against Alabama. Auburn, UCLA and us ater the major undefeated teams this season, Fresno State is too but they have a joke of a schedule so they won;t be a factor in the BCS rankings. A win by Alabama could really help out our cause.

Alabama jumped out early with a 51 yard touchdown run to go up 7-0. We're about the only peoplpe really paying attention to the game at this point. We're both pumped as Alabama scores on a 5 yard pass with a couple minutes left int eh first, 14-0 Alabama. One of the people in the bar recognized the two of us and came over to talk and is now watching the game with us. Auburn scores twice in the second wuarter to make it 14-14 at the half. It's going to be a tight game it looks. There is a bit of a larger crowd around as we have been getting alittle loud while watching the game. Some have asked Gaines for an autograph, a couple asked me for one. I told them it's free now, I'm, not pro yet.

Alabama comes out firing in the third and score on two touchdown passes with beautiful drives to set them up, it's 28-14 after 3. I can taste that championship game now. With 13:45 to go in the game Heath throws his 4th touchdown pass of the game to make it 35-14. The crowd is going crazy here at the bar. We've developed quite a stir here. Auburn scores quickly to make it 35-21. Alabama moves the ball a bit to take some time off the clock but punts. Auburn has the ball with 7:56 to go. First play is incomplete. Next play, picked off first down for Alabama on the Auburn 19. The run the ball 6 straight plays, bringing up a 4th down on the Auburn 6. Lining up for the field goal and they miss. Auburn has the ball on their 20 with 4:50 to go. They move the ball out to their 48 but an incomplete pass on 4th down turns it over to Alabama with 3:33 to go. Alabama runs the ball the rest of the game to run out the clock with a 9 play drive that netted a couple first downs and ran out the game. Yes!!!! There should be no doubt about a game between us and UCLA now.

On to the game between the Vikings and the Lions. I am down on the Viking sideline. Gaines doesn't even get into the game. Moss gets most of the passing attention, this guy has an ego and a half. At least when I get into the league everyone will see how great I am and forget about him. Good news for Gaines' Vikings as they win 31-20. It's a shame that he didn;t get to play though. It would be cool to see him in the Super Bowl and me in the Championship game in the same year. I really wish he was still on the team though, I have no receivers to throw to. I get tired of handing the ball off all the time.

Time to get back to the campus. I've got to make things up to Erica for the next month while we get ready for the game.
Old 01-26-2003, 10:41 AM   #17
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The Championship

It's getting close to game time. I've had a lot of time to reflect on my career at Penn State. It's been a very enjoyable one. I'm 31-4 as a starter so far over three season. We have won the conference all three seasons and we now have a national championship game to play. I think I will be remembered quite well in Penn State history.

So far in 42 games, 35 of them starts, I have completed 421 of 644 attempts for a 65.3 completion percentage. I have thrown for 6570 yards, 63 touchdowns to only 26 interceptions and have a career rating of 175.2. I have run for 406 yards and 5 touchdowns in that time. Coach doesn't believe in opening up a running game for the quarterback or I could have easily had huge numbes on the ground. I even have 7 tackles in my career. I have fumbled just 6 times in the 4 seasons. I have been an accademic All-Conference player and have 115 career stokes. All this with one more game to play, this one will be what I hope will define my career here.

It's game time as we face UCLA who brings an 11-0 record in, same as us. The crowd is pumped with half the stadium in blue and white and the other half in that god-awful color scheme of UCLA, what were they thinking when they came up with that. It looks like colors you would use for a baby's room, not a football team.

The first quarter was a feeling out time, noting but punting going on, mostly 3 and out. In the second quarter we had a 10 play, 69 yard drive that ended in me throwing a 9 yard touchdown pass to give us a 7-0 lead. This is great, I love the excitement and the pressure. They followed up out drive with a 9 play 70 yard touchdown drive capped with an 18 yard touchdown run to tie the game at 7. That is where we were at the half.

After they received the opening kickoff of the second half and we forced them to a 3 and out we went on a nice drive of our own. We had a 13 play drive that took us to the 4 but we had to settle for a field goal to go up 10-7. There was nothing but punting for the rest of the third as the score was 10-7 after three.

In the 4th quarter we had a good opportunity, starting on our own 49 and went 51 yards in 3 plays, capped by a 20 yard touchdown run by Sheldon to take a 17-7 lead with 5:15 to go. They had to start on their own 4 after a penalty on the kickoff and had three straight incompletions and punted. We couldbn;t do much and they got the ball back with 2:38 to go at their own 15. They drove the length of the field in 10 plays and scored on a 5 yard pass to make it 17-14 with 0:43 seconds to go. They attempted an onside kick tha twe recovered and were able to run out the clock and start the party. We are the Champs!!!!

I was 8 of 10 in the game for 93 yards and a touchdown with no picks. I ran the ball for 19 yards as well. There were no offensive standouts as it was a defensive struggle. I got 4 stokes for the game to end up with 119 for my career. Start the party and let's get ready for the draft. What a year this will be.

I'm going to go check out Gaines' playoff game this weekend too. Hopefully it will be a great weekedn all-around.
Old 01-26-2003, 11:49 AM   #18
Patman
n00b

Great rea,d keep up the good work
Dying peace in me and you
Locked in a place where no one goes.
Patman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 12:00 PM   #19
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Playoff Watching

I get to go to Tampa following the Championship game to see Gaines play in the playoffs. Faylor and his Chiefs also made the playoffs this season but the lost on Saturday to Denver, 30-10 and he didn't get to play.

I spent Saturday watching the Chiefs game at the hotel bar and signing autographs for fans who recognized me. I received a lot of congratulations for the win this week. It's a great feeling, now I want a Super Bowl win to add to my legacy. I talked to Gaines' agent this weekend, I still haven't decided who to go with.

I got to watch from the sideline again this week. I got some time on the big screen at the game, got a good ovation when they showed me. The Vikings beat up on their hosts by a 26-10 score. Gaines didn;t get into the game though as it was again the Moss show. I hope he get a little more time next week. They have to go play at Philladelphia next week. I can drive to the game, that will be nice. Erica wants to go to the game with me too.

I spent the week getting ready for our wedding which will be the weekend after the NFL draft. We're going to Hawaii for our honeymoon. That way I can get an idea of what Hawaii is like for my many future trips there for the Pro Bowl. We packed up and drove to Philly for the playoff game. The Eagles owner invited us up to the box to watch the game. Before the game I was introduced and got a crazy ovation from the fans. Erica is in awe of the kind of recognition I am getting.

Moss got hurt early in the game and Gaines got a chance to play. He really showed something in the game. He ended up with 8 catches for 144 yards and a touchdown. Unfortunately the Eagles won 38-17 thanks to their free agent signing of Tim Couch in the offseason. Unfortunately my friends' seasons are done. Time to get back to the real world for a while and prepare the wedding and figure out what agent I want.
Old 01-26-2003, 12:05 PM   #20
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Patman
Great rea,d keep up the good work

Thanks, glad to see people are reading and liking it. After the bad string of dynasties that I had, 1 that I don;t even remember starting but it was around the time of getting laid off so I must have completely forgotten about it last year, 1 fro TDCB the early version that had too many bugs and then wasn;t compatible with the newer versions and then the one where I followed local high school players but they all ended up fading out by the time they got to the pros.

The championship was a great surprise. I've been writing as I've been simming so as the last season was going I had no idea it would end up with a championship win. That made it even better for me. Plus it's been kind of cool running into other players that had an impact on his time at PSU and following them.

Going to be hitting the NFL draft a little later today to see what happens next with Billy.
Old 01-26-2003, 01:09 PM   #21
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Life Takes a Turn

The NFL scouts didn;t like my mechanics at the combine. They say that I don't have what it takes to be in the NFL. What are they talking qbout? Look what I can do. This really pissed me off, I went out and got hammered and ended up getting into a car accident driving home.

Now I'm laid up in the hospital and there is a question about my future as a football player. It's the week before the draft and Erica is pissed off at me for driving drunk. I've list my license and have a trial to go to about the incident. Erica said she might call off the wedding now just because of this.

I told her that I will be getting out of here before the wedding and that I will still have a career in the pros. There has to be someone out there that is smart enough to see what potential I have.

I am watching the draft from my hospital bed and I see that DT Conrad Collier went #3 overall to San Diego. I'll probably be a 2nd or 3rd round choice.

DE Stephen Anderson went #23 to St. Louis, two PSU first rounders. That means they are getting closer to wanting me.

FB Randal Francis went in the second round to Cleveland. It's getting late in the second round, I'm due to hear my name any minute now.

The third round just ended. What is their problem, that's a whole bunch of salary the first contract that I'll be missing out on.

T Alan Lee went late in the 4th round to New England. I hope they didn't accidentally cross my name off thiking that I was alreeady taken. Won't they feel foolish to see I'm not picked yet.

The 5th round has just ended and no mention of me. The announces should at least be questioning why I am not taken yet.

The 6th round just ended. Hey there's a picture of me, let me turn up the TV. The announcers are talking about my auto accident. What do they mean a waste of talent? How dare they call be a head case! Time to grow up? Who the hell do they think they are talking about? How can they compare me to Ryan Leaf? That's it, click, I can't watch this anymore. I'll read the paper tommorrow.

The phone is ringing, maybe this is it. It's by buddy Gaines calling to see how I'm doing. I'm getting better, should be out of the hospital in a couple days. They say I have a few weeks of PT afterwards. What do you mean you weren't talking about that? About not being drafted? You're kidding me? I have to go, I'll talk to you later. I need some time to think. This was supposed to be my future. I'm the next big name.
Old 01-26-2003, 01:36 PM   #22
Patman
n00b

Well that might just ruin the story.....
Old 01-26-2003, 01:39 PM   #23
mrushh
High School Varsity

EagleFan,

Me: "Cowboys ROCK, Eagles SUCK"
You: "Eagles ROCK, Cowboys SUCK"

Me: "This dynasty is excellent work, my friend. Keep at it. I really enjoyed the read."
Old 01-26-2003, 01:43 PM   #24
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Patman
Well that might just ruin the story.....

Or add a challengeat least. There may be coaching in his future.
Old 01-26-2003, 01:44 PM   #25
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by mrushh
EagleFan,

Me: "Cowboys ROCK, Eagles SUCK"
You: "Eagles ROCK, Cowboys SUCK"

Me: "This dynasty is excellent work, my friend. Keep at it. I really enjoyed the read."

lol, thanks. Oh, by the way, the Cowboys Suck.
Old 01-26-2003, 11:04 PM   #26
Patman
n00b

I would like to see this thread continue so if you can find some interesting way to keep it going I'll definitely still follow it along.
Old 01-26-2003, 11:18 PM   #27
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I've got a couple ideas but I have some leg-qork to finish up first before I can do them. I'll be updating him with non-football events that should lead up to which-ever path he takes.
Old 01-27-2003, 12:17 PM   #28
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Rehab & the bottle

It's been a rough time as of late. Erica called off the wedding because she said that I have been too down on life and she couldn't handle it. I really don;t know what to do.

I have been getting through rehab slowly but don't relaly know why I am bothering. I am still in shock over the draft weekend bombshell of not being picked. At least I've found a friend by the name of Johnny Walker. He's helped me forget about all the trouble.

I heard a message on my machine from Coach, something about being surprised I wasn't taken but offering me a spot on his staff. It sounds like it's some really minor role that's beneath me at this point. He also made some assinine comment about my needing to straighten out, pointing out something about the accident and what he says that I have 'turned into' since.

All this is really getting me sick. I need another drink.
Old 01-27-2003, 05:32 PM   #29
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I am loving this thread..

Just to pull at Dallas on us and have Patrick Duffy awake from his dream....

Errrrrrrrrrrr.

17 year olds shouldn't be mentioning Dallas.

Oops.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 05:37 PM   #30
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

lol, don't worry, none of that here. Actually since you mention Dallas, he is starting to get enough problems that he could fit in with the old Cowboys of the 90's.
Old 01-28-2003, 11:00 PM   #31
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

At the Crossroads

Life has dealt me an unfair hand. Bad luck smacks me in the face with the auto accident and I lose my license because my blood alcohol was high. I wasn't drunk, I knew exactly what I was doing. The NFL brushes me off and now I have to undergo rehab to try to get my full strength back.

I have been talking to my agent and he has mentioned a couple of possibilities. I could follow Walters north and try the CFL for a while. Who knows, maybe the BFL would notice me after a couple seasons up there.

He has also mentioned coaching. I have been talking to Coach about that possibility. He thinks I still have some 'demons to deal with' as he puts it. My high school may be needing a new coach as my dad is thinking about retiring. They might want a legend to come in and coach them.

There was also someone calling me about some new football league that may be developing, I don't know too much about it though. They say it will actually have some good financial backing and may get some ratings. I've heard that before about new football leagues, like that suXFL.

I was hoping that call was from Erica. She hasn't spoken to me for a while. She says that she doesn't even know me anymore. What the hell does that mean?

I have to go work out again. I want to at least recover physically from that accident. Then I need to worry about the trial and the lost license. I found a good lawyer that will fight the drunk driving rap. He's going to try to pin the blame on someone else, he said there's no way that it can be my fault. I don't know why I always feel like I need a shower every time I get done talking to my lawyer.
Old 01-30-2003, 10:30 AM   #32
wade moore
lolzcat

Eagle, this is GREAT... I'm sure you can find a way to keep it going, I actually have a few Ideas if you'd want to hear them..

Either way, this is a nice change in pace and a fun read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 11:16 AM   #33
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Thanks. Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you want with ideas. I have a couple ideas right now and am working on them at this point. They require a little extra setup right now so I have to get that in my free time.

I plan on keeping his story going for as long as possible in one form or another.
Old 01-30-2003, 12:09 PM   #34
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Just writing to let you know I enjoyed this thread great read...ok enough of talking proper that sh!t was tight.

noop
Old 01-31-2003, 08:07 PM   #35
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Dad tells it like it is

After a couple months of questions and finally getting fully recovered from my accident I sat and had a long talk with my dad. He helped set me straight and realize that I had a problem. My problem wasn't with alcohol, that was just a slight symptom of the problem.

I have a problem that he calls life. I had my life so planned out that I just knew where I was going to be every step of the way. I was going to be in an NFL camp right now getting ready for my super-star career.

When things didn't go as planned I tried to blame everyone but myself. I thought I was indestructable but it took more than the drunk driving accident to really show me that I'm not. Erica left me and hasn't talked to me since. My pro football career seems to be going up in smoke. No team even wants me at this point. I was signed by the Patriots and cut after one week of camp.

I haven't decided what to do yet but I am going to call Coach back and tell him that I have finally gotten a little bit of a grip on things now. Hopefully he'll still have that offer ready for me, at least I think it was an offer, I was a little bit under the influence during that phone call.

I will be going up to see Gaines in a preseason game up in Minnesota. It'll be nice to finally get a chance to talk to him and really see how things are going for him. He was a good guy and a good player, he deserves a chance.

It's getting late, I have to get ready for the trip tommorrow and I need to prepare now so I can call Coach before I leave. I want to get something started with my life. I have also been thinking about trying my hand as an agent. Oh well, enough about life for now, time to get ready for tommorrow and maybe sneak in a couple game on the X-Box.

Last edited by EagleFan : 01-31-2003 at 08:07 PM.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:36 PM   #36
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Future?

Vote to predict Billy's future at. Billy's poll
Old 02-01-2003, 03:34 PM   #37
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

A friend in need

I called coach this morning and he doesn;t have any positions for me but did recommend some places for me to try. He said that, if I was really serious about playing, I whould keep working out and explore other areas where I could play and maybe get noticed.

This was actually the first time I really talked with him. We talked about life in general and what kind of problems I have been going through. We also spent a lot of time talking football. He knows quite a bit about the game.

I don't know what my next step is yet, other than going up to see Gaines in a preseason game. I called back that guy about the football league but got no answer. I might even give Walters a call to see how he likes playing up in Canada. I just hope I don't have to learn to speak Canadian to play up there.

Finally got on the plane, the airport security is a pain to get through. I am sitting next to a guy that works as an electrician. He's been telling me about his sone the entire plane ride.

It sounds like he thinks that his son is a pretty good high school football player. He's a running back in a high school in Minnesota. I told him a little bit about what he and his son should expect. He has no idea who I was until one of the other people on the plane came up to contragulate me on the National Championship this past season.

He was rather excited to talk football at that point. He asked where I was drafted to, thought maybe the Vikings since I was going to Minnesota. I told him a little about what happened and that I'm trying to get things straight now and decide what I should do. He asked if I would talk to his son a little to let him know just what football life can really be like and how it doesn;t always turn out as planned. I got his name and number, maybe I'll call while I'm in the area this week.

When we finally landed I saw that Gaines had a limo waiting for me. He's going big-time now I guess. I heard that Moss might be holding out, which would be great for him to get a shot to play like he did in the playoff game last season.

After I got to his house we hung out and talked about what has been going on. He's got everything going for him right now. He's starting to see an opportunity and is ready to grab it. We went out on the town for a while and met a couple great women. It was a fun time all-around.

I'll be sitting with the family members at the game tommorrow. I'll miss being on the sidelines.

Game time and Gaines looks pumped when he came out. Not sure how long they'll be keeping the starters in, hopefully I'll get to see him play for a while.

They have pretty much been running early on to try to soften up the Titans defense. Gaines does have one catch early for 9 yards for a third down conversion.

Fumbled snap, Titans ball near mid field. Oh well, nothing much that drive. McNair play action, receiver open for the touchdown. Wow, one play after the turnover and they strike. I know I could be doing that.

The Vikings are starting at their 20 after the kickoff. Slant to Gaines, he breaks a tackle and puts a great juke on the linebacker, good for 38 yards on a 5 yard slant. The crowd is pumped, and he looks like he's feeling it. A couple plays later a great catch at the sidelines for 11 yards. 3 for 58 yards so far, it's just the first qarter, coaches have to be taking notice.

Third down and 7. Pass to Gaines over the middle. Complete for 9, ooh he was drilled. Get up, he's not moving. Trainers are rushing out. Just saw a replay, helmet to helmet. I see some movement in his arms. He's talking to trianers, phew I think he'll be okay. It looks like they're also looking at his knee. I just saw the replay and as he gets hit by the safety there is a linebacker trying to tackle him by the legs and it looks llike his leg bent backwards.

They had to take him off in the cart. I have no idea how bad it is. The game is meaningless at that point as they do go on to win 24-10.

At the hospital talking to Gaines and it sounds pretty bad. They say his knee was blown out. He might miss the entire season and this might affect him long term. He's not taking the news real well.

I sat with him for quite a while and talked about things. He is really upset that this was supposed to be his big chance. I understand about dissapointments like this, unfortunately I caused my own problems. He asked if I wouldn't mind staing around for a while as he goes through this thing. I have nothing else going on at the time, might as well.

That'll give me a chance to call that Ed's, the guy from the plane, kid and talk to him about his future. This is also something that he should know about. Things can go bad without warning.

I'll be settling in here for a while and trying to help him with therapy after the operation. I can't let him lose his dream like I lost mine.

Last edited by EagleFan : 02-01-2003 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-02-2003, 02:55 PM   #38
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Getting Grounded

It's been a couple weeks since his injury. He's had the operation to repare his knee and now he'll be going through physical therapy for quite a while to regain the strength in the leg. The Vikings doctors seem to be optimistic about his return and that's been a great boost for his spirit. It sounds like they are willing to give him a shot to get back into action after his rehab, now it's up to him.

I've also been talking to Ed Schroeder about his kid's football career. I agreed to go talk to him a little to let him know what some of the pitfalls can be, and hopefully how to avoid them. It sounds like Leonard, his son, has been doing pretty good in school, hopefully he's doing it himself and not just getting by on his popularity like I did. Ed told me he ran for almost 200 yards in the team's first game. Sounds like he has some good potential. Later in the week I'll stop in and see him, maybe I'll see if I can catch one of his games.

I got a call from a sports agent today too, it seems there's s new league starting back up. A remake of the USFL, I think he said Bill Gates is behind it after a failed attempt to by an NFL franchise (I thought that I heard he had decided to attempt to get an expansion team after that). He was asking if I would be interested in looking into that. I told him that I'm not sur at this point but would like to hear more about it. Maybe that could pay the bills and get me noticed by the NFL.

Time to be going out. One of the women that I met when I was out with Gaines, before the game he was injured, had called and asked if I wanted to meet her for dinner sometime. I had a great time with her when we were out. I haven't felt comfortable like that with anyone since Erica.
Old 02-03-2003, 01:04 AM   #39
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

A Helping hand

I've been helping Gaines with his therapy and enjoying life here in Minnesota, but it's not the winter yet and it's worse than PSU in the winter, and a huge difference from growing up in Arizona.

I've also been interested in helping Leonard Shroeder, a high school running back from here that is highly recruited. Amazing how that came about, simply by starting a conversation with someone that was sitting next to me on the plane ride up for what was going to be a week long stay.

I've talked to him quite a bit and he's a smart kid. I also just found out that PSU has contacted him. I gave Coach a call and told him that I would definitely put in a good word. Alabama and UCLA have also contacted him. He hasn't really said where he wants to play yet, just someplace to show off his running ability, as I learned PSU is the place for that (maybe I should have been a running back).

So far he's been averaging about 170 a game and over 6 yards per carry. He has amazing break-away speed from the game that I saw.

On a personal note, I have seen Carie a few times and we're hitting it off really well. It's the first time I really felt that comforatble talking to someone since Erica called off our wedding. She says one of the things that she likes is my selflessness, how I've been helping Leonard get ready for the mental challenge of college football. I have to say that I never would have expected that to be one of my qualities but this year has changed a lot.

I've been keeping an eye on the Cowboys to see how Cole Tanner has been doing. He's been starting for them this season, finally. He looks like he's got a shot at a 1000 yard season. They also just renegotiated his contract, he's making some big bucks now. It looks like everything is working out right for him. Unfortunately not for Dave Faylor down in Kansas City, he was a 1st rounder and has shown some flash when given the chance but isn't seeing the light of day down there.

I heard from Walters the other day too, he's been doing pretty good up in Canada. His team was in the finals last season but lose by 10 points. He hasn't put up great numbers but seems to be a winner.

I'll be going to talk to the Shroeders again tommorrow morning, might even go see Leonard's game. It would be good to see how he is progressing. I also told Coach I would report back to him again to let him know how things are going with him. This is fun but I really miss playing. I think I'll call to find out about that new league and maybe look into the CFL.
Old 02-03-2003, 01:39 PM   #40
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Leonard is going to visit Penn State and maybe even UCLA. I told him that I would bring over a video of last seasons championship game so he could get a look at both teams. He's also been contacted by a couple more schools. Ohio State and Hawaii have talked to him. He looked tempted at first by the mention of Hawaii but then I think he started to think about the distance and their reputation in his chosen field. I don;t blame him for being tempted, I think it would be cool to stay in Hawaii for a few years while going to college.

I think that I've got him leaning towards Penn State, but he says UCLA is better in his field, so I can't say for sure. I did tell him about when I went to LA when I was in high school one summer on vacation. I heard about the air quality but to really see it was amazing. Plus he seems to have too good of a head on his shoulders to get stuck in California, that would be a real waste.

I went to his game this week too. He had a monster game, well over 200 yards. He has amazing speed. Talking to his dad during the game I found out that he has also decided to go visit Alabama. He also just received an offer from Miami and South Bend has contacted him, no offer from them though. This reminds me of my senior year. I had to leave early, Carie and me are going away for a few days. I know I haven't been seeing her long but I am thinking about asking her to marry me.

On the way to get Carie I made a few calls. I talked to the agent about the new league. He says they are holding an open camp, similar to the NFL workout prior to the draft, to see who is interested. That will be in a month, I'll have to make sure I keep working out, who knows where this could lead. I also called Coach to let him know more about Leonard and what schools he been talking to. He asked me if I wanted to be a scout for him, he has been impressed with how I have been taking an interest in this situation. I'm not sure yet, I kind of like dealing with athletes on an individual level. It's nice trying to help him, if I was a scout than I really wouldn't have any level of contact except maybe an attempt to recruit. I'll worry about that more after I get back from the get-away with Carie.
Old 02-05-2003, 12:21 AM   #41
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Family Emergency

We had a great time over the few days but then life got ugly when I got back to Gaines' house. There was a call from my dad that mom was in the hospital and it wasn't looking good. He said that she just collapsed one day while standing in the kitchen. I had to rush back home to be with my family.

She went through several tests and they found a problem with her heart. After a long time talking about the possibility of surgery she finally decided to go ahead with the operation, they said there was a 30 percent chance she wouldn't even make it through the operation.

She made it through just fine and is finally starting to show some real improvement. The doctors say that she's not all the way out of the woods yet because of the medication that she has to be on now can cause other problems. But the do say that she is doing much better than expected. It's been a real strain on the family and dad has been like a rock the entire time.

I've been following football in the spare moments that I have, and trying to stay in shape as well. I've also been on the phone with Gaines a lot to see how is rehab is coming. He has wuite a bit of strength in the leg now they say.

Good news for Tanner, he's got a really good shot at 1000 yards for the Cowboys. Bad news for Faylor as he sits week after week.

On the college front, my Nittany Lions are back in the Championship game in a couple weeks. Against UCLA again. They are number 1 and 12-0 so far. It's been all defense and running, they've had injuries at the running back position but still lead the nation in rushing with 3 backs that almost got 1000 yards each.

I gave the Shroeders a call and found out surprising news. Leonard ended up chosing Alabama. I thought for sure it would be PSU or UCLA, not sure why Alabama. I'll still keep checking up on him though, just to see how he's doing.

I was able to go through a quick workout for the new league that is starting up, a revised USFL. If I have a good chance and it pays the bills than I don't see why I shouldn't try it. I can always turn to coaching or something else if it doesn't work out. I think I'll sign the forms to become eligible for their draft.

Also, Carie has been here to see me a couple times. The family really likes her. I can;t really think about that right now, I'll worry more about our future once things calm down around me.

Time to go back and see how my mom is doing. I'll be going out to see the championship game in a couple weeks to see if they can make it 2 straight.
Old 02-05-2003, 12:27 AM   #42
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Great dynasty, I know I'll keep reading...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 12:41 PM   #43
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Feels like old times

Mom's doing a little better each day and she convinced me that coming out here to see the championship game would be what I needed right now.

I can't believe the reception I've received from the PSU fans. They still remember me from what I did on the field, and not off the field after last year.

I got to have a nice long talk with Coach about how things are going right now. He seemed to be very concerened for my mother and at the same time very pleased with how I have been handling the situation. I do have to admit, if this happened about 6 months sooner my reaction probably would have been to dive into a bottle, and it probably would have eventually killed me.

It's a bitter 22 degrees here in Amherst for the game. That should play in our favor, those UCLA boys can;t handle this kind of weather. We get the ball first and go on an 11 play drive that eats up almost 7 minutes and end up with a 30 yard field goal to go up 3-0. Grind it out football, just what I remember. Our defense is dominating them early on. We both exchange the ball a couple times and the quarter ends 3-0. They have done nothing but 3 and out so far.

In the second quarter we go on a 6 play 59 yard drive that ends in Willis scoring on a 2 yard plunge, that brings back memories, to go up 10-0. After exchanging punts they hit a 70 yard touchdown pass to make it 10-7, the first drive that wasn;t 3 and out for them. We got the ball with 3:04 left and drove into field goal position for a 36 yard field goal with 33 second left to go up 13-7. We intercepted their first play after the kickoff but missed a field goal as time expired in the first half with a 13-7 lead.

We missed a field goal on our first possesion of the second half, after holding them to another 3 and out. No scoring in the 3rd, still up 13-7.

A drive that we started late in the third went 53 yards, with the hlp of some penalties, for a 7 yard touchdown pass. We went for two and made it 21-7. Wioth 2:08 left a fuield goal put us up 24-7. They turned the ball over on downs and our second string quarterback got some playing time and made it pay off with an 8 yard touchdown pass to make it 31-7. We picked them off and then ran the clock out for the second straight PSU national championship.

The PSU defense held UCLA to just 4 first downs. That was how they have been winning all year, just suffocating teams.

After the game I was surprised to run into Erica. It was the first time that we talked since she called off the wedding. We talked for a while and decided to meet for dinner tommorrow. It was nice to get to see her again, I hated how things ended between us. I am still a little mad at her but I know that I am also responsible for the mess.

On to the alumni party, Erica said she might show up there. The team will be showing up soon too, it will be great to see how they have been doing, personally as I know how they have been doing on the field.
Old 02-06-2003, 11:55 PM   #44
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The alumni party was great. It's great to be the first part of thie back-to-back championship. I see a lot of players may be leaving for the draft this season though so next season might be a little rougher.

I talked with Coach for quite a while. He asked if I thought anymore about goung into coasching or scouting. I said that I have been a little but with my mom's situation i wasn't really ready to decide yet. I still think I have a little something to offer on the field. I also told him that I can;t see how Leonard Schroeder won't win at least one Player of the Year award in his career at Alabama. It's a shame that he didn't chose PSU, from what I saw of him live his is that explosive, once he hits an opening he's gone.

Hey, it's Erica, she just came in. I'll go talkt to her for a while. She is looking incredible. The funny thing is I don't remember her mentioning a brother before.

After talking for a while I find out that she has a new boyfriend. She seems to be happy. I'm happy for her, I think. It kind of felt like a knife through my gut when I saw her with that guy.

Time to get on with my life. I'll be heading back home to see how mom is doing and from there I really need to get a grip on my future. I keep hearing conflicting stories about the new football league (Bill Gates bailed to buy some expansion team that he is moving to Texas), the CFL is still an option (I just can't stand drinking Molson and sleeping with a moose), coaching or scouting is something that I want to do, but only if I can't play first or there's always being an agent.
Old 02-11-2003, 12:35 AM   #45
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Just wanted to let everyone know that Billy's story will continue. Things have been a little hectic lately so he has been put on the back burner. I should have his story going again tommorrow. I have a few possible story twists lined up.
Old 02-15-2003, 02:34 AM   #46
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

What an arm

After being at home while my mom is recovering I have been kind of getting used to the weather here again. After the time at PSU and then Minnesota it's nice to be back home in Arizona for the winter.

My younger brother is a senior in high school this year. I've been out playing catch with him. He's a catcher on the baseball team so I've been pitching to him to get him ready for the upcoming season. He'll be going to Texas next season. Not sure why he would want to go there but that's his decision. There are some real Maniacs there, some of them rather Horny (from what I've been told), not the type of people you want to be seen with socially.

Shawn, my brother, actually thinks I've got a pretty good arm. He's been trying to talk me into going to one of the local tryouts that the D-Backs usually hold. I've never really been into baseball, I like the physicality of football. Like I would really have much of a chance against people who have been playing the game all their life.

Shawn and I went down to one of the local batting cages. We both took some time in the cage. I can't really get the timing right. He does a great job at the plate, he led his team in homeruns last season. After we hit a few, or after he hit a lot and I managed to hit a few after a while of gettng the timing down, he wanted me to try throwing for the radar.

We losened up a bit and I tried it. He nearly flipped when he saw that I was able to hit the mid 90's. He's saying that I have to go try out. Maybe I'll give it a shot, just to see what happens.

On a personal note, Carie has decided to move to Arizona. Gaines is progressing nicely and should be ready to go next season so I wanted to stay closer to my mom. I also went and got a job working for a local business to pay the bills. Nothing spectacular, just working in the mail room. Not really where I wanted to be at this point but I don;t really know what I want to do.

I found out that the new football league has decided not to start play, at least not this year. Bill Gates pulled out of the project and has left them short. Trump tried to get into it but doesn't have enough liquid capital to be able to help them, plus all the players would probably have to wear his name on their uniforms in big bold letters.

I also just found out that I have to register for the draft, this is not at all what I wanted in my life right now. It was recently passed by congress and I'm still young enough for it. This whole mess with Iraq has led to the draft coming back. They just set off a bomb in London but the UN can't decide if they should take action. It seems France doesn't think that Iraq has any more weapons left after the London incident. President Powell has issued a statement that we will not wait for the UN anymore and Iraq must be stopped.
Old 02-15-2003, 04:09 AM   #47
stkelly52
College Benchwarmer

hmm... interesting. Lots of possible ways this could wind up going
stkelly52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 09:25 AM   #48
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

It's been rather busy around here with everything going on. My mom has been doing a lot better with all the support she's received from the family. I also proposed to Carie, this time around I plan on getting things right. We're getting married over the summer and going on a cruise toi Alaska for our honeymoon.

Shawn's baseball season is halfway through. He's been tearing up the opposing pitchers, leading all local players in homeruns and RBI's. There have been pro scouts checking him out almost at every game anymore. He's got a bright future ahead of him.

Also, on the baseball front, I did go to that local tryout for the Diamondbacks. They said that I have potential and that I might be able to land a spot in their minors.

Got a call that I have to go for a physical for the army as well. This draft thing is really getting serious. It looks like they're preparing for a large scale attack. Several other groups in the Middle East are now supporting Iraq and this thing looks like it could really blow up into something crazy. The UN is in a shambles right now because several countries want to just bury their heads in the sand and hope everything goes away.

On that note I have also received a call from Walters. He was asking if I had thought about going up to Canada to play some football. He also thought I might want to think about going up there if there is a chance that I would get drafted into the army. Carie doesn't like that idea, but also doesn't like the chances of my getting drafted into a war.

Oh well, let me go see what that physical is all about. They sent me a bunch of paperwork to go along with the notice, didn't really read it yet. I'll take it with me and look it over later.
Old 02-21-2003, 11:39 AM   #49
StanGunner
Mascot

Just found this thread. Excellent story. You have adapted well to modify it. Putting in references to other threads and real life really sells it.
StanGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 02:41 PM   #50
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Thanks, I've been trying to find an outlet for the story once his FOF career seemed to grind to a halt on me.