Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-24-2003, 03:17 PM   #1
cheese
n00b

OT: Franchise Hoops open beta

i think some of you guys have heard of it, Franchise Hoops is a b-ball sim in development and he's now having an open sign up for helping to beta test. as long as you fill out the form on the site, you'll be on the list who recieves beta versions to test and make comments on in the site's forums. i remember a couple threads about it on the old board so i figured i'd let you guys know who are interested. www.franchisehoops.com

cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 09:10 PM   #2
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

Did anyone fill out the beta test form and get a response? I filled it out about 2 weeks ago and havent heard anything yet.
bosshogg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 12:18 AM   #3
Tasan
College Starter

I got a reply the other day. This thing is definately in need of beta, maybe alpha testing. A lot of the features are even just turned off. I tried it out a bit and made a list of stuff, I've just got to sit down and send it all in now.
Old 02-11-2003, 03:38 PM   #4
cheese
n00b

yea, he's said that this isnt a typical beta, and it's nowheres near ready for completion. all the features will be in the game, but a lot haven't been implemented. i signed up before the first beta came out and i got no response, but the beta was sent to me. the next one is due out the 15th i think, so if you dont get the beta, i'd re-send. i think it has potential, but a lot of work needs to be done.
cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 03:39 PM   #5
AgPete
College Prospect

Does it look more promising than the .400 Studios basketball game?
AgPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 05:13 PM   #6
FranchiseHoops
n00b

Hello all, my name is Gary and I'm the one developing Franchise Hoops. One of the testers told me about this board so I figured I'd stop over here and see what was going on.

Since this is a topic about my work in progress, let me fill you in on a couple of things. I'm developing Franchise Hoops in my spare time (when real life permits) and it has a LONG way to go. In fact, "beta testing" is not the right word for what is going on at my website. I am releasing what I call "test builds" which is basically the game as a work in progress.

I decided to do this so that I didn't have to test and instead could use the little time I have to actually program new code and fix errors and it is working out nicely. I really appreciate all the help I am getting and a community is very slowly starting to form over at my site. I invite anyone here who likes basketball to come check it out and offer your suggestions or advice.

And as for completion date of the project - who knows
I work alone and don't have any company deadlines to meet so I'm gonna work on it as long as it takes to make a top of the line b-ball sim. As for any comparisons to what is out there now or what may be coming out.... I won't comment on that because obviously I am striving to make it THE basketball sim to have - but come be the judge yourself. Sign up for the test-build program and if you don't like it, the worst is that you wasted about an hour downloading and trying it out - who knows, like some people said here, its got a ton of potential and it will be something worth waiting for.
Old 02-18-2003, 05:45 PM   #7
RoyalTen
n00b

I dont know much about computers, whats the difference between alpha and beta? Is alpha just 1, and beta 2?
RoyalTen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 05:46 PM   #8
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

Ya alpha is before beta. So more bugs, less stability, less features, etc.
bosshogg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2003, 06:12 PM   #9
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by AgPete
Does it look more promising than the .400 Studios basketball game?

Not really sure, but wouldn't think so since 400 is building on an already existing game Jump Shot.
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote