Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-18-2005, 07:05 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

"If yo' ho only know dat she was gettin' f___ed on the 7th flo'!" (UM Hurricane rap)

Just wow...

Here's the song: hxxp://x500.putfile.com/videos/a8-31812063186.mp3

EDIT: Another link to the song: hxxp://media.putfile.com/7th-Floor-Crew

Suffice it to say that the song isn't remotely SFW.

Quote:
It’s extremely charming; imagine Matthew Sweet meets Jim Nabors meets whatever the opposite of Kenny Chesney is. We’ve yet to confirm the identities of all the players involved, save for linebacker Tavares Gooden, who drops this:
“and he brought in all his 7th floor friends
She found it was [unintelligible] the Miami Football Team
It’s also the 7th floor king ding-a-lings
She thought Five Two was just my number then she realized
you multiply the bitch up then you get my dick size.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Herald

Posted on Fri, Nov. 18, 2005

UM FOOTBALL

Players' crude rap draws ire, fire

A sexually explicit song made by some Hurricanes players two years ago came to light on the Internet.

BY SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN

[email protected]

University of Miami athletic director Paul Dee said Thursday that a sexually explicit rap recording made two years ago by a group that included student-athletes was ''offensive and demeaning'' and not condoned by the university. But he also said it should be put in perspective as something done privately with no intention of becoming public.

The nine-minute song surfaced Tuesday on the Internet. The rappers include current members of UM's third-ranked football team. One player, who was identified as ''T Gooden'' and called himself number ''Five Two,'' likely is linebacker Tavares Gooden, a junior who wears No. 52 and is out for the season after shoulder surgery.

Dee said separately in a written statement that ''any students whose voices can be identified will be subject to appropriate discipline and/or counseling,'' but he told reporters late Thursday afternoon there had been no immediate discipline.

NO PUNISHMENT YET

''I haven't seen anything yet. There hasn't been any [punishment] at this point,'' Dee said. ``It will be dealt with within the department, and hopefully we'll deal with it in a number of ways, including talking to people about what's appropriate and what's inappropriate in certain circumstances. . . . [UM coach] Larry [Coker] and I will discuss the matter.''

A blog describing the audio tape was written Tuesday on a Miamity.com website authored by a Miami student, whom ESPN.com identified as Kyle Munzenrieder. The site had a link to the song, featuring several males describing lewd sexual acts in detail, including group sex references. The group calls itself ''The Seventh Floor Crew,'' Munzenrieder wrote, referring to team members who lived in Mahoney Residential College (campus housing).

''Sorry for the crudity,'' wrote ESPN.com columnist Pat Forde, 'but there's really no other way to convey the subject matter. My tally of the profanities laced throughout this song: 29 F-bombs, 15 references to `hos' and 18 references to 'bitches.' Plus many other words and phrases unfit even for cyberprint.''

Forde also relayed an exchange from an ESPN.com chat with Sinorice Moss on Wednesday: Mike (Boston): ``Sinorice!!!! What do you think about the rap song that some of your teammates put out? Seventh floor crew or something like that.''

Moss: ``That's something that they did like two years ago. A couple of freshmen and older guys made a rap song. It was a really cool song.''

Some of the rappers who identified themselves on the recording: ''Marvelous,'' ''Big Nick,'' 'Lil' New,'' ''T Buck,'' ''Dub C,'' ''G Reg,'' ''Big Beast,'' ''T Red'' and ``Modern Man.''

UM president Donna Shalala was out of town Thursday and referred all calls, through a university spokeswoman, to Dee. Coker spoke to reporters but would not elaborate.

''The concern on this audio thing that's out there, the statement has been made on it,'' Coker said. ``It was two years ago. Some of our players were involved in it. We know that. Paul Dee made a statement on it. Case closed. Any questions on Georgia Tech?''

Coker was asked, ``Are you concerned about focus with all the stuff going on now?''

TEAM STILL FOCUSED

''Well,'' he replied, ``There's no stuff going on. The only stuff we have going on is Georgia Tech, and there's no problem with focus, because all we have control of is what we do on Saturday.''

The Hurricanes have spent the past several years trying to erase a thug image that plummeted in Dennis Erickson's tenure (1989 through '94) and perpetuated early in the Butch Davis years, when several of the players he inherited from Erickson were arrested.

In late 1995, the NCAA put the Hurricanes on probation and took away 24 scholarships over two years -- not including seven self-imposed scholarship losses. The violations included Pell Grant fraud, improper employment compensation and failed drug tests resulting in no suspensions.

Davis and now Coker, well respected around the nation for his character, turned around the program's image almost full circle.

''We care about our image,'' Dee said Thursday. ``But we have to keep this in perspective. This was a private group of people sitting in a dorm room.''

Georgia Tech has its own image problems. Not only did the NCAA place Georgia Tech on two years' probation Thursday for using 17 academically ineligible athletes in four sports, including 11 football players, a Fulton County judge also ordered the school to reinstate defensive back Reuben Houston to the team.

Houston was suspended from the team this season after being arrested in connection with a marijuana distribution operation.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 11-18-2005 at 07:16 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 07:31 AM   #2
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Maybe they could open for Twista?
Old 11-18-2005, 07:35 AM   #3
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I enjoyed - immensely - The Herd yesterday. A couple of hours of laying waste to Miami. They are a "different breed," all right. Miami and South Florida go hand-in-hand. They deserve and feed off of each other.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 07:38 AM   #4
Hoya1
High School JV

I think they should all stick to playing football. I heard this last night and they all sound like a bunch of guys "trying" to be rappers.
Hoya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 07:40 AM   #5
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach
...all we have control of is what we do on Saturday.

Very true, it seems.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 07:45 AM   #6
Celeval
Pro Starter

Maybe this'll focus the commentary of the national game between GT and Miami on the Hurricanes' problems rather than the Yellow Jackets.

*bleah*
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 07:47 AM   #7
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I agree with that, to an extent. It's well known, though, that Miami goes after an inordinate number of bad apples. Most teams will take calculated risks on a couple of guys, knowing they may blow up, but Miami's philosophy seems to be that they'd rather have the talent that others pass up, disregarding the character issues. And that's what has fed this team for a couple of decades. So they're right that they can't babysit these guys once they're on the team, but some of them probably shouldn't have even been given the opportunity.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 07:54 AM   #8
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval
Maybe this'll focus the commentary of the national game between GT and Miami on the Hurricanes' problems rather than the Yellow Jackets.

*bleah*

I have just the opposite hope really. I hope the situation at Tech gets maximum coverage for as long as possible, getting enough people embarrassed enough & angry enough is the only hope I see of the needed resolution: a clean sweep of the football program and much of the athletic department from top to bottom.

If he doesn't reverse course, and Gailey does indeed plays Ganja Houston one stinkin' down this Saturday or any other, I'm done with them. And that's after 30+ years as a (non-alum) fan, through the winless seasons, through the most hapless of times, I've been right there through all of them. I've been disappointed a lot, but never ashamed of them. But the looming scenario is one that I just can't tolerate. If that idiot plays him, I hope Miami beats them by 70, and for the first time in my life, I hope even UGA runs the score up as far as possible. (okay, actually I wish they'd play to a scoreless tie but that's no longer possible).
Old 11-18-2005, 08:20 AM   #9
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
I hope even UGA runs the score up as far as possible. (okay, actually I wish they'd play to a scoreless tie but that's no longer possible).

How about Tech's winning score from a walkon?
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 08:23 AM   #10
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval
How about Tech's winning score from a walkon?

Nah, at this point (assuming he does what I believe he intends to do with Houston) any win under Gailey is a bad thing AFAIC.

(Better than a walk-on scoring the game-winner might be 2-0 victory when UGA snaps the ball over the punters head & out of the end zone)
Old 01-11-2006, 02:59 PM   #11
Ben E Lou

One of the aliases in the song sounds a lot like, "Li'l Noop."

Uh, Noop, anything we should know?
Old 01-11-2006, 03:10 PM   #12
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I'm waiting for the Marcus Vick remix feat. R. Kelly

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 03:33 PM   #13
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
One of the aliases in the song sounds a lot like, "Li'l Noop."

Uh, Noop, anything we should know?

What the matter, can't a guy lay down some rhymes when he's hanging out with his big brother and his friends?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 03:42 PM   #14
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

She thought Four Zero was just my number
Then she realized that was LSU's thunder.

Last edited by WSUCougar : 01-11-2006 at 03:43 PM.
WSUCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 03:46 PM   #15
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Not a huge deal, in my book. They didn't break any laws. Just kids being crude kids.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:49 PM   #16
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFriendlyUnitShifter
Not a huge deal, in my book. They didn't break any laws. Just kids being crude kids.
I was never that crude as a kid. Well, maybe.

Worst thing we ever did along those lines was lip synching the whole first side of REO Speedwagon's "Hi Infidelity" album. Now THAT's offensive.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:51 PM   #17
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFriendlyUnitShifter
Just kids being crude kids.
No kidding. "Marvelous" is the only one of 'em that has any flow whatsoever. The rest of 'em are worse than crude. It's like Leon Spinks meets Luther Campbell.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:52 PM   #18
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Lil' Noop = Glenn Sharpe?
Old 01-24-2006, 06:19 PM   #19
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Actually that isn't me. Lil New is Darnell Jenkies.