Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-13-2005, 12:10 PM   #1
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Rome Total War patch 1.3 is out

1.3 patch has been released. Load\siege and other fixes included. Also added at least one new thing that I like. When you pull up say the settlement screen there are tabs to switch between that army, and agents instead of having to go to the main gui at the bottom. Also when you go to the army or agent screens there are now indicator bars to let you know how many move points they have left. Here's the link...

http://www.sega.com/support/support....port_romepatch

You only need it to upgrade the original RTW. If you have BI than you got RTW patched to 1.3 when you installed BI.

Enjoy.

edit:

Here's another link as it's now up on the total war boards. This link includes patches in French, German, Italian, and Spanish.

http://www.totalwar.com/community/download.htm

Last edited by Sweed : 10-13-2005 at 12:45 PM.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:20 PM   #2
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

hopefully, there'll be a no CD patch for this one. never found one for 1.2
Old 10-13-2005, 12:23 PM   #3
WrongWay
Banned

Oops

Last edited by WrongWay : 10-13-2005 at 12:24 PM.
WrongWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:25 PM   #4
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Cool. If the Load/Siege bug is fixed in the expansion as well, I may just pick up the expansion and get back into this.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:25 PM   #5
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongWay
I thought I read here that I do not need the patch if I get the Expansion Pack.
??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed
You only need it to upgrade the original RTW. If you have BI than you got RTW patched to 1.3 when you installed BI.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:44 PM   #6
Anthony
Banned

i love this game.

i love the medieval time frame just a tad more, but this game is much better. you guys should check out the Rome:Total Realism mod if you haven't already, it allows you to start a campaign using any faction (rather than having to play the game first as the Romans to unlock all the other factions). it also has night and day changing real-time, weather changing (going from sunny to rain, from cloudy to snowing, etc.). lots of fun. more historically accurate than the unmodded version (which is good in its own right).
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 12:46 PM   #7
LionsFan10
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
i love this game.

i love the medieval time frame just a tad more, but this game is much better. you guys should check out the Rome:Total Realism mod if you haven't already, it allows you to start a campaign using any faction (rather than having to play the game first as the Romans to unlock all the other factions). it also has night and day changing real-time, weather changing (going from sunny to rain, from cloudy to snowing, etc.). lots of fun. more historically accurate than the unmodded version (which is good in its own right).

With the Barbarian Invasion expansion, will the Total Realism mod still function? I figured it wouldn't, but if I can have the T.R mod and B.I expansion at the same time then I have to make a trip to Best Buy later today
Old 10-13-2005, 01:04 PM   #8
Anthony
Banned

i haven't looked into that. i'm in the last stages of finishing off my Total Realism campaign, after that i'll take a look around and see where i can go from there.

i think i heard the next time period they'll be doing is the Naploleanic (Napoleonic?) era. that, my friends, will be friggin' awesome if it's true. we'd be able to have gun wielding troops. well, we had gun wielding troops towards the end of the Medieval:Total War game, but they weren't sophisticated and not much better than bowmen (the guns were more for scaring the other army than for mowing them down). it'd be awesome to head east and try to take down mother russia. hope i heard correctly, this would be an awesome timeframe. after that, i'd really love a Colonial era Total War...replaying the 13 colonies and taking you up into the early 1900's or something. wow.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 01:45 PM   #9
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
i haven't looked into that. i'm in the last stages of finishing off my Total Realism campaign, after that i'll take a look around and see where i can go from there.

i think i heard the next time period they'll be doing is the Naploleanic (Napoleonic?) era. that, my friends, will be friggin' awesome if it's true. we'd be able to have gun wielding troops. well, we had gun wielding troops towards the end of the Medieval:Total War game, but they weren't sophisticated and not much better than bowmen (the guns were more for scaring the other army than for mowing them down). it'd be awesome to head east and try to take down mother russia. hope i heard correctly, this would be an awesome timeframe. after that, i'd really love a Colonial era Total War...replaying the 13 colonies and taking you up into the early 1900's or something. wow.

Don't know about mods but I believe I read on the TW boards that 1.2 saves
will not load in 1.3 so you'll want to make sure you finish any current games.
CA said they are looking at this and may have a fix IF there is another patch.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote