Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-05-2005, 12:16 PM   #1
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Relationship digamma.........

Here I am, talking to 4,500 people about how Digamma cheated on me. On behalf of several members of the community, I would like to express my shock and disappointment at some of Digamma's biases. I guess I should start by saying that Digamma should learn to appreciate what he has instead of feeling so oppressed because he can't do everything he wants, every time he wants to. Sometime soon, he might be diagnosed with a special type of mental illness that is not yet recognized. But for now, be aware that I challenge him to point out any text in this letter that proposes that the Earth is flat. It isn't there. There's neither a hint nor a suggestion of such a thing.

To put this in context, we must oppose our human vices wherever they may be found -- arrogance, hatred, jealousy, unfaithfulness, avarice, and so on. This call to action begins with you. You must be the first to uplift individuals and communities on a global scale to draw a picture of what we conceive of under the word "pectinatodenticulate". You must be the one to condemn Digamma's hypocrisy. And you must inform your fellow man that given a choice of having Digamma make life less pleasant for us or having my bicuspids extracted sans Novocaine, I would embrace the pliers, purchase some Polident Partials, and call it a day. When I state that he was rather wide of the mark when he said that black is white and night is day, I'm merely trying to keep our courage up. Digamma is an interesting character. On the one hand, he likes to make it impossible to disturb his rancorous gravy train. But on the other hand, I want to create a world in which boosterism, defeatism, and tribalism are all but forgotten. But first, let me pose an abstract question. Has he ever considered what would happen if a small fraction of his time spent trying to pervert the course of justice was instead spent on something productive? We must doubtlessly ask ourselves questions like that before it's too late, before Digamma gets the opportunity to twist my words six ways for Sunday.

Who else but Digamma would have the brass to change children's values from those taught in the home to those considered chic by politically incorrect bludgers? No one. And where does that brass come from? It comes from a sure knowledge that he can retreat into his "victim" status if anyone calls him to account.

It's not easy for me to say this, but before I knew anything about Digamma, I was once an onlooker at a few of his mass demonstrations, without possessing even the slightest insight into the mentality of his advocates or the nature of his invectives. There, I said it. Now I can continue with my previous point, which is that Digamma's animadversions are geared toward the continuation of social stratification under the rubric of "tradition". Funny, that was the same term that his sympathizers once used to legitimate irresponsibility, laziness, and infidelity. If you think that he has a "special" perspective on nonrepresentationalism which carries with it a "special" right to put destructive thoughts in our children's minds, then you're suffering from very serious nearsightedness. You're focusing too much on what Digamma wants you to see and failing to observe many other things of much greater importance, such as that by writing this letter, I am unmistakably sticking my head far above the parapet. The big danger is that Digamma will retaliate against me. He'll most likely try to force me to adopt a new world-view, although another possibility is that if he truly wanted to be helpful, Digamma wouldn't toy with our opinions. At one point, I actually believed that Digamma would stop being so treacherous. Silly me.

Digamma's allies say that nothing would help society more than for them to dispense outright misinformation and flashlight-under-the-chin ghost stories. Sorry, I don't buy that. Is anyone else out there as struck as I am by Digamma's utter disregard for morality and humanity? The reason I ask is that catty, foolhardy pests serve as the priests in Digamma's cult of deceitful parasitism. These "priests" spend their days basking in Digamma's reflected glory, pausing only when Digamma instructs them to flout all of society's rules. What could be more venom-spouting? Fortunately for us, the key to the answer is obvious: One of the things I find quite interesting is listening to other people's takes on things. For instance, I recently overheard some folks remark that his mind has limited horizons. It is confined to the immediate and simplistic, with the inevitable consequence that everything is made banal and basic and is then leveled down until it is deprived of all spiritual life. Let me conclude by saying that we who want to follow knowledge like a sinking star beyond the utmost bound of human thought will not rest until we do.

Well, I've rambled enough. If you read all of this, give props to the appropriate authorities. I'll see you guys tomorrow.

NoMyths*

* Intended solely in good clean fun

Last edited by NoMyths : 10-05-2005 at 12:16 PM.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 12:25 PM   #2
digamma
Torchbearer

I did not have sexual relations with that NoMyths.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 12:30 PM   #3
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

At least you preferred cigarettes to cigars.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 12:33 PM   #4
digamma
Torchbearer

And American Spirits at that.

Wait...that's no admission.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote