Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-29-2005, 10:30 PM   #1
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Vicodin

I broke my nose in three places on Sunday, the doctor gave me some Vicodin....is there anything better in the world?

I had the most unbelievable nap this afternoon, I don't know why but it was awesome.

Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 10:38 PM   #2
maximus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog
I broke my nose in three places on Sunday, the doctor gave me some Vicodin....is there anything better in the world?

I had the most unbelievable nap this afternoon, I don't know why but it was awesome.

I have issues with my back. I take a daily dose of that stuff. Not sure how much he gave you but watch yourself. It is extremely addictive.

edit: Hope you feel better.

Last edited by maximus : 09-29-2005 at 10:39 PM.
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 12:05 AM   #3
dixieflatline
High School Varsity

Quote:

When I had my AC seperation I got some vicodin and it just knocked me out. The pain wa spretty bad so sleeping was good I guess. Ended my pickup basketball career. Anyway, I've been told that ativan is where it's at.
dixieflatline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 12:15 AM   #4
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:

Brett Favre says 'nope, there aint'
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 03:58 AM   #5
Anthony
Banned

jacking off give me a pretty good high.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 11:16 AM   #6
st.cronin
General Manager

When my wisdom teeth out, I was given a 'cocktail' - something like vicodin, mixed with something else, mixed with something ELSE that apparently had mild hallucinogenic properties. That was a fun day.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 12:04 PM   #7
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I have been taking vicodin (well, hydrocodone) for weeks b/c of my knee - only take it at night and not every night...but man, those are great nights! Radii has to take Anthony to school the next morning b/c I can drive for about 12 hours after I've taken it...good stuff!
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 01:59 PM   #8
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Never taken it. Send me some and I'll let you know.

Homer: Who-hoo! Four day weekend!!
HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 12:02 AM   #9
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Darviset (sp?).... After a hand surgery I got addicted to those things.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 12:04 AM   #10
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixieflatline
When I had my AC seperation I got some vicodin and it just knocked me out. The pain wa spretty bad so sleeping was good I guess. Ended my pickup basketball career. Anyway, I've been told that ativan is where it's at.
Ativan=Deep sleep. That's what the MD's prescribe when a patient is aggitated.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:01 PM   #11
maximus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDalltheway
Darviset (sp?).... After a hand surgery I got addicted to those things.

Darvocet is weak imo. It did nothing for me. If my back issues doesn't get any better I'll be requesting percocets. My L2 & L3 discs are buldging from an earlier accident. I still work out the upper body but I cannot do squats. ect. This sucks. The only other alternative to ease the pain is surgery (at 31 - NO F'in way) or spinal injections. I am in PT right now. I was put on what they call a "track" where your body is stretched to lift the pain from your lower spine. All that did was make the pain worse. I call it the toture table and I'll never let them do that again. Hydros just ease the pain minimally. Not to sound like a drug addict but I need something muxh more stronger but my doctor is very reluctant to give anything else out. So, Im stuck on what I should do. Even just sitting here it hurts. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the worse pain) I am in the 6-7 range about half the week whereas I am in the 8-9 range about 2-3 times per week.

Last edited by maximus : 10-01-2005 at 03:02 PM.
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 04:52 PM   #12
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

If you take enough of anything it will make you feel good... Not that I know from expierence!!!!
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 05:02 PM   #13
Tom E
H.S. Freshman Team

When I was 19, I was sleeping in the back of a truck when a tree got in the way. Breaking my neck at C 6/7. It was fused from 2 inches above to 2 inches below the injury. Sometime my neck will crack and it's orgasmic. The presciption bottle says Morphine...

I'll Never Forget What's Her Name...

A Democrat is Somebody who Knows the Issues, a Republican is Somebody who Understands the Issues...
Tom E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 05:17 PM   #14
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

My last thing of vicodin didn't do anything for me. Funny too, because it was a decent dose per pill compared to what I had had before.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:42 PM   #15
Wasabiak
High School Varsity

I was on Vicodin after my back surgery a few years ago. I almost went straight to my Dr. and choked him to death when he stopped refilling it for me. It was good stuff.
Wasabiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 08:07 PM   #16
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

How has the question not come up? BALLDOG, how did you break your nose in three places?

As for pain meds, I was on Oxycontin and Percocet cocktails after my last 3 ankle surgeries. After my 2nd surgery, while still on crutches, I managed to crack a rib, so I stayed on the cocktail for about 10 weeks so that I could bear crutching around with the bad rib. I stopped taking it abruptly--as soon as I was in a walking cast, I stopped taking it. Wow, withdrawal sucks.

And I have to agree, IV demerol is GOOD stuff. I loved my PCU.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 09:35 PM   #17
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Some dude thought it would be cool to try and kill me during our flag football game last weekend. It pisses me off because it was completely cheap, I mean I wasn't even involved in the play because I was burnt and the game's outcome was already decided. It was a reverse and I was going to wrong way, I turned to find a new pursuit angle and as soon as I turned around all I saw was a guy's skull crashing into my face. Then they celebrated like they just won the Super Bowl.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 02:32 AM   #18
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

So I'll assume you at least showed him why it was a cheap shot.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote