Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-29-2005, 11:50 AM   #1
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Two Amazon.com Questions

Well, following some advice found right here on FOFC, I purchased two items lately from Amazon.com. The first was The Complete Joy of Home Brewing, which looks fantastic. The second is a pair of Sony Fontopia MDR-EX71SLheadphones, which came highly recommended, particularly as replacements for my Apple stock iPod buds.

Unfortunately, when the package came, it looked like it'd gone through the ringer. I made a photoset at flickr of what the package looked like when it came, but what distressed me the most (at first) was that the book also was pretty bent up. I know that normal wear and tear on a book means that it MIGHT one day look like this (though I doubt it, I'm really nice to my books), but this is a BRAND NEW book. Since there isn't any real damage that makes it unreadable, it would seem silly to ask for a new book, though I would like to complain about it. Would I do this to Amazon? UPS? Just you guys here at FOFC?

My second question is about the headphones I bought. Thankfully, they were in a plastic box inside of the battered box, so I thought they were fine. And, when I took them out, they sounded great. Unfortunately, the main headphone line on them is pretty short, which is why they come with an "extension" line. THIS line, though, is awful. I'm not sure if it's a problem with all extensions or just this particular one, but after hooking in through the extension line, there is NO SOUND from the right earbud. I can only imagine that this is a faulty product, but who do I complain to about this? Do I complain to Amazon? Sony? I know that this is an electronic item and now the package is open, but it's not like I had a choice other than to try them out and find that the right earbud has problems with the extension.

Has anybody complained to Amazon before? Is it better to do the email support, or should I call?

Thanks in advance for suggestions and help on both matters.
/tk

terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 11:56 AM   #2
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

email support - they're quick, and if you sound angry but reasonablwe enough, will offer gift certificates in addition to replacements. The return policy is fairly straightforward, so you could do that instead.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 11:57 AM   #3
jbmagic
Pro Starter

they have a good return policy.

i return some books before because the pages was falling out and got a total credit back on my credit card. it was free to ship back.

there a link on bottom for returns.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 10:51 PM   #4
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...onics&n=507846

I have a set of these. They are basically the same thing, but with a single medium length cord. It's longer than the cord on the SLs, but not as long as the cord + the extension (I don't think).
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 11:02 PM   #5
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I've had no problem doing returns with them, even if it was a case of me stupidly ordering the wrong thing (though in that case I never unwrapped it from the box).
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote