Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-23-2005, 01:02 AM   #1
G-Man
High School JV

Battlestar Galactica....the new season...

Is it just me or is the new music on BSG really annoying? I love the show just the same as season 1 if not even better, but why the change in the theme at the beginning (which I don't like as much as last years) and the music during the show itself was getting on my nerves, kind of grating.

Still a fantastic show but please go back to the music from last year!!

G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 10:09 AM   #2
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Actually, I was just thinking that a soundtrack for BSG might be something I would be interested in buying. Different strokes.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 01:15 PM   #3
G-Man
High School JV

Maybe in time it will grow on me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71
Actually, I was just thinking that a soundtrack for BSG might be something I would be interested in buying. Different strokes.

I suppose in time the different music themes used in the show may "grow' on me. After all I didn't really like the different opening theme to Star Trek Enterprise, compared to th ethemes of the other Trek series. However I grew to enjoy it later on. So maybe BSG's new one will grow on me.

I do miss when they showed a 20 second montage of the entire show (current episode) at the ned of the opening music/credits. Wonder why they took that out?

I also don't understand why they totally "gutted" the beginning themes to Stargate 1 and Stargate Atlantis. Was it to put more "time" into the shows? Why do these creative genuses have to change a good thing? Not being one I really don't get it...
Old 07-23-2005, 01:45 PM   #4
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

I rather like the soundtrack, but the volume was too loud at points in last night's episode and drowned out the dialogue. This was most notable at Starbuck's apartment - I had to crank the volume way up just to hear the (admittedly limited) dialogue, making the music so loud I could barely hear myself think during those scenes.

I understand that there was an artistic point being made with that loud music, but damn.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 02:28 PM   #5
amdaily
College Prospect

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man

I also don't understand why they totally "gutted" the beginning themes to Stargate 1 and Stargate Atlantis. Was it to put more "time" into the shows? Why do these creative genuses have to change a good thing? Not being one I really don't get it...

What fantasy world are you living in ? It was gutted to add 50 seconds of more commerical time. This coupled with a fresh round of budget cuts to both SG series.
amdaily is offline   Reply With Quote