Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-18-2005, 12:04 PM   #1
Icy
Pro Starter

My wife is pregnant!!

Yeahh! we started to look for our first babe past month after exactly a year of marriage. After a month of hard work (thanks god to make sex the way to have kids!) and after some days of menstruation delay from my wife, we couldn't wait anymore and this morning i bought a pregnant test, we did it and it was positive!!

I know it's too early yet, that lots of things could happend over this 9 months, that the first 3 are the most dangerous ones, etc but we're so fuc**ng excited about it. Next week we will have the blood test that will be the definitive one but this "home" tests are supossed to be 99% acurate.

We decided to only say it to our parents by now (they are so happy now as for both famillies will be grandparents for first time), at least until we get the blood test in a week or two, and it's being so hard to not to start to call all the friends and familly about it (luckily i have this great FOFC familly to share this kind of awesome news).

I'm trying to forget about it and do some work but i can't, my heart is running so fast, i'm reading all about pregnancy in the net, i'm so happy, worried, excited, and all at same time. I know my life is going to change a lot and probably way more that i could even imagine but by now i love the feelings.

I'll keep you updated about the process over this incoming 9 months.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 12:10 PM   #2
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
menstruation delay

I've never heard that terminology before. Cool.

Congrats
Old 07-18-2005, 12:12 PM   #3
KevinNU7
College Starter

Congrats! My fiance is at 4 months and I am very excited! I recommend this book, it's a good read http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846
Old 07-18-2005, 12:14 PM   #4
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Congrats Icy!
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 12:16 PM   #5
Cuckoo
College Starter

Congratulations Icy! It's one of the greatest things in life... until potty-training.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:17 PM   #6
hhiipp
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
Congrats! My fiance is at 4 months and I am very excited! I recommend this book, it's a good read http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...books&n=507846

Gotta agree about the book, it's really good.
hhiipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 12:19 PM   #7
saintjo
College Benchwarmer

my wife is 12 weeks along. and yes, she has that book and recommends it highly.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:27 PM   #8
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjo
my wife is 12 weeks along. and yes, she has that book and recommends it highly.
Gratz. Ditto on the above statements about the book.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 12:28 PM   #9
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
I've never heard that terminology before. Cool.

Congrats

Hehe probably it's a wrong direct translation from Spanish but i don't know how to say it in English.

Thanks for the nice words guys, checking also that book.

Last edited by Icy : 07-18-2005 at 12:30 PM.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:37 PM   #10
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
Hehe probably it's a wrong direct translation from Spanish but i don't know how to say it in English.

No, its actually accurate, just not the way it is commonly phrased is the US.

In general, just apply the adjective late to any woman and most people will know what you mean.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:41 PM   #11
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:

Thirded about that book, and then you might as well order "What to expect: the first year" and "what to expect: the toddler years". No joke, they do exist and also have a lot of very useful information.

Oh, and WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?!?! You got it to stick on your first month of trying, you fool!!!!!!!!

Congratulations Icy

FM
Old 07-18-2005, 12:45 PM   #12
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Congrats.. and I'll give you the usual get some rest over the next 9 months speech.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 12:48 PM   #13
Bo Jackson's Hip
H.S. Freshman Team

IIRC from her picture she was pretty hot too. Congrats.
Bo Jackson's Hip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 12:50 PM   #14
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:

Interesting, experts always recommend this book, but every real person I have ever met hated this book, inlcuding my wife. It very much concentrates on the negative, they might as well have labeled each chapter "What can go wrong this month." I would recommend everyone who wants some sanity during the pregnancy to avoid this book like the plague.

Get The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy for the Mrs. and What to Expect When Your Wife is Expanding for you.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:56 PM   #15
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari
Interesting, experts always recommend this book, but every real person I have ever met hated this book, inlcuding my wife. It very much concentrates on the negative, they might as well have labeled each chapter "What can go wrong this month." I would recommend everyone who wants some sanity during the pregnancy to avoid this book like the plague.

I'll echo that sentiment. I stopped reading this book six months ago. It now sits in the garage sale pile. I'm using a lot of websites for research, especially this one.

Congrats Icy - be sure to pamper your lovely bride over the next nine months. She'd really appreciate it.
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 12:58 PM   #16
Huckleberry
College Starter

Icy -

Give the father my best wishes.

Quote:

A medical marvel. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 01:10 PM   #17
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry
A medical marvel. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Yes, we were engaged for 3 months, finally booked a recetpion site and set a date for 9 months later. 1 week later we found out she was pregnant and have no moved the wedding up 4 months. FYI - Planning a wedding in 3-4 months is stressful.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:15 PM   #18
3ric
College Starter

Congratulations Icy! I know how you feel - my wife is 5 months pregnant by now... exciting times!

Edit:
I recommend this book as an alternative to the other:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...=UTF8&v=glance

Last edited by 3ric : 07-18-2005 at 01:17 PM.
3ric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 01:22 PM   #19
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Congratulations Icy!
Old 07-18-2005, 01:36 PM   #20
Huckleberry
College Starter

Quote:
Yes, we were engaged for 3 months, finally booked a recetpion site and set a date for 9 months later. 1 week later we found out she was pregnant and have no moved the wedding up 4 months. FYI - Planning a wedding in 3-4 months is stressful.

Ah, hell, I should have known it would be misinterpreted.

I was referring to the fact that you are engaged to a man that's pregnant. Fiancé = man engaged to be married. Fiancée = woman engaged to be married.

I now return you to Icy's celebration thread.

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 01:57 PM   #21
Telle
College Starter

Congratulations!!

And I have to say, I disagree with the recommendations for the "What to Expect.." books. Actually, the first one is ok for the month-to-month pregnancy stuff, but I wouldn't waste any time reading the birth section. For books on birth, I'd check out "The Birth Book" by Dr. Sears and "The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth" by Henci Goer. So far as books about babies go, I'd recommend "The Baby Book" by Dr. Sears.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 02:51 PM   #22
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

did you catch the guy that did it?
I didn't know you could get pregnant that quickly!
Are you expecting me to pay child support?

Congrats!!
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 03:53 PM   #23
Tom E
H.S. Freshman Team

#1 Today, 05:04 PM
Icy
Rookie

Rookie sums up your excitment...lol

I'll Never Forget What's Her Name...

A Democrat is Somebody who Knows the Issues, a Republican is Somebody who Understands the Issues...
Tom E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 04:02 PM   #24
Flasch186
Coordinator

congrats

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 04:14 PM   #25
Peter215
n00b

Congratulations.

My wife and I are unable to concieve. It is heartbreaking. We don't know why. We have spent years trying everything possible. Countless doctors visits. Many tens of thousands of dollars. I will never be able to look into my son's face and see my Dad. My wife will never have the daughter that she named many years ago.

Be thankful for your good fortune as I would literally cut off my left arm to have what you do. Sorry to be such a downer. We just recently decided to give up.
Peter215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 04:20 PM   #26
Icy
Pro Starter

Thank to all you guys

@ Frogman: Yeah i have been so fool, i planned to keep trying "so hard" for some months but....

@ Farrah: Yes, i already have the feeling that she is made of glass and can broke even if i hug her

@ 3ric: Contratz to you too and good luck

@ satchmo71: It's so easy, you can have a girl pregnant just kissing her in the face, didn't you have sex education at school?

@ Tom E: Yeah i feel like the AAA player that suddenly gets called to play in the majors, so excited and happy but also so afraid of doing something wrong, at least i already proved that i know how to use the bat and the balls
Old 07-18-2005, 04:34 PM   #27
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter215
Congratulations.

My wife and I are unable to concieve. It is heartbreaking. We don't know why. We have spent years trying everything possible. Countless doctors visits. Many tens of thousands of dollars. I will never be able to look into my son's face and see my Dad. My wife will never have the daughter that she named many years ago.

Be thankful for your good fortune as I would literally cut off my left arm to have what you do. Sorry to be such a downer. We just recently decided to give up.

I'm sorry mate, i was afraid of having that problem too as you can't ever know, it just happends and as you said even the doctors dont' know why.

Don't give up, keep enjoying of relaxed sex, my wife's cousin had the same problem and after giving up, relaxing and forgetting about having kids as there where supposed to be unable by doctors, they suddenly got pregnant. We can't ever know what will happened.

Also you have the option to bring an already born kid to your family, there are thousands without families waiting for somebody to accept them. I understand it can't be the same specially at first, but maybe the satisfaction could be even bigger for making a kid happy into a real family that he/she would never had otherwise.

The other option is to enjoy the relaxed life with your wife without kids, to be able to travel, the freedom and also to avoid all the problems that parents have, not everything is happiness with kids, sometimes they bring you tons of problems and i'm talking about really bad ones like to see them fall into drugs until dead (have seen it in my family).

Each one of us must enjoy the life we have, all us have problems and you can't ever know what is better for you, you can only enjoy the present and avoid to think on what if...

I understand that maybe you're thinking, shut up stupid, you don't have this problem, and you're right that i'm a nobody to teach you anything but maybe i have other problems or will have them in the future. Enjoy your life and enjoy it with your wife, there are amazing things you can do apart from having kids and again don't give up ever, you never know what life will bring you.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:58 PM   #28
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
Yeahh! we started to look for our first babe past month after exactly a year of marriage. After a month of hard work (thanks god to make sex the way to have kids!) and after some days of menstruation delay from my wife, we couldn't wait anymore and this morning i bought a pregnant test, we did it and it was positive!!

I know it's too early yet, that lots of things could happend over this 9 months, that the first 3 are the most dangerous ones, etc but we're so fuc**ng excited about it. Next week we will have the blood test that will be the definitive one but this "home" tests are supossed to be 99% acurate.

We decided to only say it to our parents by now (they are so happy now as for both famillies will be grandparents for first time), at least until we get the blood test in a week or two, and it's being so hard to not to start to call all the friends and familly about it (luckily i have this great FOFC familly to share this kind of awesome news).

I'm trying to forget about it and do some work but i can't, my heart is running so fast, i'm reading all about pregnancy in the net, i'm so happy, worried, excited, and all at same time. I know my life is going to change a lot and probably way more that i could even imagine but by now i love the feelings.

I'll keep you updated about the process over this incoming 9 months.

congratulations, Icy!

I'm actually this message is written as well as it is and there is no slippage into spanish.
Originally Posted by mijb#19
Switzerland is independant and will try to do so until the apacolypse is upon us.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:03 PM   #29
chinaski
College Prospect

good job iceman!
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:58 PM   #30
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Congrats to all the fathers to be out there.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:00 PM   #31
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Congrats Icy!
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:05 PM   #32
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
Congrats to all the fathers to be out there.
I might be, but you never know who's pregnant out there. I'll just say thanks just in case.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:20 PM   #33
Icy
Pro Starter

Thanks again guys, i'm starting to think about writting a dynasty about it, not only about the pregnant process but also about weight loss. I want to lose 15Kg=33lbs (i weight 100Kg=220lbs for a height of 5 11") before my kid is born but keeping part of the muscle, i have been a really sportman in the past, used to be a gym rat but now i have fat over the muscle after years working with the computer 10 hours per day (ok ok, i admit i also play text sims on it ) and i think this is a great chance to motivate myself to recover the form, i dont' want my future babe to have a fat father
Old 07-18-2005, 06:24 PM   #34
Suicane75
Coordinator

Congratulations my man.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:31 PM   #35
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Congrats, Icy

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 07:59 AM   #36
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
Thanks again guys, i'm starting to think about writting a dynasty about it, not only about the pregnant process but also about weight loss. I want to lose 15Kg=33lbs (i weight 100Kg=220lbs for a height of 5 11") before my kid is born but keeping part of the muscle, i have been a really sportman in the past, used to be a gym rat but now i have fat over the muscle after years working with the computer 10 hours per day (ok ok, i admit i also play text sims on it ) and i think this is a great chance to motivate myself to recover the form, i dont' want my future babe to have a fat father

I just want to mention that this might not be a real good move if your wife is at all sensitive about her size/weight. Many women have a tough time dealing with the number on the scale going up and up throughout pregnancy as they get bigger and bigger, and she might resent the fact that the number on your scale is going lower and lower at the same time. At the very least, I'd say keep it to yourself (don't go up to her and say "Wow! I lost three pounds this week!").
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 08:14 AM   #37
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle
I just want to mention that this might not be a real good move if your wife is at all sensitive about her size/weight. Many women have a tough time dealing with the number on the scale going up and up throughout pregnancy as they get bigger and bigger, and she might resent the fact that the number on your scale is going lower and lower at the same time. At the very least, I'd say keep it to yourself (don't go up to her and say "Wow! I lost three pounds this week!").

In fact, I recommend gaining a sympathy 30 pounds during the next 9 months!
Old 07-19-2005, 08:21 AM   #38
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari
In fact, I recommend gaining a sympathy 30 pounds during the next 9 months!

And then working out with her so you two can lose the weight after the baby is born

FM
Old 07-19-2005, 08:31 AM   #39
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

congrats Icy (and Kevin).

personally, I love the expecting books - we have like 4 of them (expecting, 1st year, toddler years, and the dad one) and we've easily referenced them more than any other baby book we own.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:12 AM   #40
Icy
Pro Starter

@ Telle: yeah i already thought on that, but my wife is even pushing me to lose that weight (not only since we know about this) so she is happy that i could find some motivation to do it now. She will celebrate each pound i lose, but you're also right and i'll be carefull if i see that i could hurt her feelings.

@ Samdari: that would be easier for sure
Old 07-19-2005, 05:02 PM   #41
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

CONGRATS ICY!!!

wicked awesome man
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 05:15 PM   #42
JeeberD
General Manager

Congrats, bud!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 10:46 PM   #43
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I just read this on another forum and laughed so hard I thought I should share it here - because it's so damn true:

"I will convey to you the lone piece of dad wisdom I have picked up on my own:

People will tell you that your life is about to be consumed by the baby, that your social life will suffer, that you'll miss out on movies and tunes and books, that you'll fall out of favor with certain not-so-kid-friendly friends, and that you'll be well-nigh exhausted for a year--most of which is true.

What they do not warn you about, impending Dad, is how often you are going to get racked in the nuts.

Whether pounced upon while sleeping, kicked during random affection, or run into at full speed by someone who goes about nad-high, you'll need to protect your cojones, pal. Consider a cup."
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 11:24 PM   #44
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

I swear to you, I didn't do it.