Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-15-2005, 03:16 PM   #1
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Exclamation "Lucky" Dog?!

Man allegedly had sex with guide dog
Tallahasseean charged with breach of peace
By James L. Rosica
DEMOCRAT STAFF WRITER

Local prosecutors are apparently in a bind: How do they charge a blind Tallahassee man who has been accused of having sex with his Seeing Eye dog?

Florida, like many other states, has no bestiality statute - that is, a law specifically prohibiting sexual contact between humans and animals.

So Alan Yoder, 29, originally was charged with felony animal cruelty, but court records show that charge was dropped last Friday and replaced with a misdemeanor - disorderly conduct.

Yoder now is charged with a "breach of the peace, by engaging in sexual activity with a guide dog," according to a court document.

One of two prosecutors on the case, Assistant State Attorney Owen McCaul, did not return a call Thursday. The other, Assistant State Attorney Stephanie Usina, said she could not answer specific questions, including explaining why the charge was lowered to a misdemeanor.

Yoder, reached by telephone Thursday, declined to be interviewed. James D. Varnado, his attorney, said he has filed a not-guilty plea on his client's behalf but declined to discuss details of the case.

"However lurid the allegations may be, we should resist a rush to judgment," he said.

Here's what happened, according to Tallahassee police reports:

Yoder, who lives in a local apartment complex, last month asked a female acquaintance to join him in a sex act with the dog, a male yellow Labrador named "Lucky."

She demurred, but later told a friend about it. That person called a social worker, who called police.

Investigators spoke to Yoder on June 16, who admitted performing certain sex acts with the dog, even going into detail with them, but denied doing others. He was arrested and booked June 22, charged with animal cruelty.

An animal-control officer took the dog to Dr. Sondra Brown, a veterinarian at Northwood Animal Hospital, who could not determine whether the dog had been sexually abused.

Warren Goodwin, who recently retired after 30 years as an assistant prosecutor, said he could not recall a similar case in Leon County.

Annemarie Lucas, a New York-based special investigator for the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, said sexual contact with animals "probably happens more than it's actually reported."

Bestiality - illegal in New York state - is "just not a natural thing," she said. "Animals can't consent ... They're probably fearful and in physical pain. It's like any kind of abuse.

"It's a cowardly act," added Lucas, who also appears on "Animal Precinct," a program on the Animal Planet cable-television network. "It's a domination thing, something an animal would never instigate."

Stephanie Shain, spokeswoman for the Humane Society of the United States, said her organization takes a similar position.

"It's doing something to an animal that they have an inability to stop," Shain said.

Last year, an Ocala man pleaded no contest to felony animal cruelty after being charged with having sex with his then-fiancee's female Rottweiler, according to the Pet-Abuse.com Web site.

A judge withheld adjudication and ordered five years of probation and a psychological evaluation. He also prohibited the 27-year-old man from "owning pets of any kind while on probation and from having unsupervised contact with other people's pets," the site said.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 03:18 PM   #2
rkmsuf
Head Coach

that's awful

stick to man babies
Old 07-15-2005, 03:19 PM   #3
Ksyrup

So a chick, a blind guy, and his guide dog walk into an S&M bar...
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 07-15-2005, 03:23 PM   #4
stevew
Hall Of Famer

at least it wasnt a horse

Enumclaw-area animal-sex case investigated

By Jennifer Sullivan

Seattle Times staff reporter

King County sheriff's detectives are investigating the owners of an Enumclaw-area farm after a Seattle man died from injuries sustained while having sex with a horse boarded on the property.

Investigators first learned of the farm after the man died at Enumclaw Community Hospital July 2. The county Medical Examiner's Office ruled that the death was accidental and the result of having sex with a horse.

A surveillance camera picked up the license plate of the car that dropped the man off at the hospital, which led detectives to the farm and other people involved, said sheriff's Sgt. John Urquhart.

Deputies don't believe a crime occurred because bestiality is not illegal in Washington state and the horse was uninjured, said Urquhart.

But because investigators found chickens, goats and sheep on the property, they are looking into whether animal cruelty — which is a crime — was committed by having sex with these smaller, weaker animals, he said.

The farm was talked about in Internet chat rooms as a destination for people looking to have sex with livestock, he said.

"A significant number of people, we believe, have likely visited this farm," said Urquhart.

The Humane Society of the United States intends to use the case during the next state legislative session as an example of why sex with animals should be outlawed in Washington, said Bob Reder, a Humane Society regional director in Seattle.

"This and a few other cases that we have will allow us a platform to talk about sex abuse of animals," Reder said.

Thirty-three states ban sex with animals, he said.

Susan Michaels, co-founder of local animal-rights organization Pasado's Safe Haven, said she has been fighting to have bestiality made illegal. "It's animal cruelty behind closed doors," Michaels said.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 03:28 PM   #5
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
King County sheriff's detectives are investigating the owners of an Enumclaw-area farm after a Seattle man died from injuries sustained while having sex with a horse boarded on the property.

That quote would lead me to believe he was, in baseball parlance, the catcher...

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 03:30 PM   #6
Ksyrup

Or maybe he was kicked?
Old 07-15-2005, 05:44 PM   #7
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Isn't that Mopery? No, wait, that's exposing yourself to a blind person.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 06:34 PM   #8
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd
Isn't that Mopery? No, wait, that's exposing yourself to a blind person.

Did the dog commit Mopery?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 07:32 PM   #9
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Thirty-three states ban sex with animals, he said.

So 17 states have yet to ban sex with animals?
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 11:24 AM   #10
Easy Mac

Have you seen Iowa girls? They blur the line between animal and human.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 11:27 AM   #11
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
at least it wasnt a horse
How cool would it be for a guy to have a seeing-eye horse!
Old 07-27-2005, 10:25 PM   #12
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
Or maybe he was kicked?

Um, no, it turns out he WAS the catcher!!!

hxxp://msnbc.msn.com/id/8589349/#storyContinued

Seattle man dies after sex with horse
Police say death was accidental, investigate farm on cruelty suspicions

SEATTLE - A Seattle man died after engaging in anal sex with a horse at a farm suspected of being a gathering place for people seeking to have sex with livestock, police said Friday.

The horse involved in the incident was not harmed, and an autopsy of the unnamed man concluded that “the manner of death was accidental ... due to perforation of the colon,” a police spokesman said.

“The information that we have is that people would find this place via chat rooms on the Web,” said Sgt. John Urquhart of the King County Sheriff’s Department.

Although sex with animals is not illegal in Washington state, Urquhart said that investigators were looking into whether the farm, located in Enumclaw, 40 miles southeast of Seattle, allowed sex with smaller animals that resulted in animal cruelty, which is a crime.

“If you’re talking about sheep or goats, there could be some issues,” Urquhart said.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 07-27-2005 at 10:36 PM.
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 10:27 PM   #13
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Aaaaaaaagh. Ick.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 10:29 PM   #14
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

That is a mental image I did not need.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 08:49 AM   #15
JeeberD
General Manager

Gawdamn that had to have hurt...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 02:52 PM   #16
Ksyrup

The other (horse)shoe drops:

Nov 30, 2:41 PM EST

Man Pleads Guilty in Horse-Sex Case
SEATTLE (AP) -- A man has pleaded guilty to trespassing in connection with a fatal horse-sex case.

James Michael Tait, 54, of Enumclaw, was accused of entering a barn without the owner's permission. Tait admitted to officers that he entered a neighboring barn last July with friend Kenneth Pinyan to have sex with a horse, charging papers said. Tait was videotaping the episode when Pinyan suffered internal injuries that led to his death.

Tait pleaded guilty Tuesday and was given a one-year suspended sentence, a $300 fine, and ordered to perform eight hours of community service and have no contact with the neighbors.

The prosecutor's office said no animal cruelty charges were filed because there was no evidence of injury to the horses.

Old 11-30-2005, 02:53 PM   #17
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Why did I click on this thread? Sheesh..... people are f'n crazy.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 02:59 PM   #18
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Missed this before:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
Annemarie Lucas, a New York-based special investigator for the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, said sexual contact with animals "probably happens more than it's actually reported."
Maybe it's under reported because animals can't talk!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 03:06 PM   #19
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Oh, noes....why did i have to visit this thread again. And why is someone playing catcher to a horse(well, or having sex period). Sheesh.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 03:14 PM   #20
Anthony
Banned

i really love guide dogs. i'm actually pissed that someone sexually abused one. i'm quite peeved at the moment.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 03:18 PM   #21
BucDawg40
H.S. Freshman Team

I'm pretty sure the video of the guy playing 'catch' with the horse is on the net.
BucDawg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 03:26 PM   #22
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
breach of piece

mmm
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote