Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-14-2005, 08:21 PM   #1
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Madden 2006 are you getting it on PC or Console?

Madden 2006: are you getting it on PC or Console?

what better to get it on the PC or console?

jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 08:28 PM   #2
Philliesfan980
Banned

PC hands down
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 08:31 PM   #3
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980
PC hands down

because of patches right?
Old 07-14-2005, 08:33 PM   #4
MikeVic
Head Coach

PC. Only way I can do franchise with friends.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 08:33 PM   #5
maximus
Banned

PC - If I even buy it at all.
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 08:35 PM   #6
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
because of patches right?

I'd say because of the roster updates. There are some pretty hardcore guys out there who have new rosters every week. I believe that last year they made some nice historical ones as well, and even some NCAA ones (kinda redundant because of NCAA 2005-6, but nice to play)
Old 07-14-2005, 08:35 PM   #7
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

PC. $10 cheaper and easier to mod.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 08:36 PM   #8
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

I strongly disagree, the PC version is the poor cousin of the console version.
For the last 3 years or so it only has about 3/4 of the features the other versions have.
Surtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 08:37 PM   #9
cody8200
High School Varsity

No question...pc.
cody8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 08:38 PM   #10
jbmagic
Pro Starter

i agree with all of you guys

now that i have an xbox i will only get games for the xbox that are not on the PC like NCAA 2006, etc

i am getting Madden 2006 for the PC too.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:38 PM   #11
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surtt
For the last 3 years or so it only has about 3/4 of the features the other versions have.

Really? Didn't know that. What are some of the major features that are missing (not being sarcastic or defensive, just wondering).

I think the franchise is longer in PC, if you ever play that long.

Bottom line is things just get too far out of wack after the first 10 years or so for it to be a good football sim. Said it in a previous message, but I really hope that Jim's cranking away
Old 07-14-2005, 08:39 PM   #12
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Yep, the PC is ported from the consoles, although the modding community usually does some interesting things.

Not sure if I'm getting Madden this year.. in fact the first real time I've thought about a purchase was when the EB Games guy told me NCAA was in yesterday.. I told him I've had it for a few days now and he's like.. want to reserve Madden then? I said, ok that's fine with me.

ps2 if I do get it.... although if NCAA was my only football game this year, I'd be fine with that.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 08:40 PM   #13
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surtt

But will the current console versions take a back seat to Madden 06 360?
Old 07-14-2005, 08:40 PM   #14
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Yep, the PC is ported from the consoles, although the modding community usually does some interesting things.

Not sure if I'm getting Madden this year.. in fact the first real time I've thought about a purchase was when the EB Games guy told me NCAA was in yesterday.. I told him I've had it for a few days now and he's like.. want to reserve Madden then? I said, ok that's fine with me.

ps2 if I do get it.... although if NCAA was my only football game this year, I'd be fine with that.

todd why not on PC? so if there any problems you can get a patch for the pc version.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:41 PM   #15
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
i agree with all of you guys

now that i have an xbox i will only get games for the xbox that are not on the PC like NCAA 2006, etc

i am getting Madden 2006 for the PC too.

Yeah, thats how I feel about it. It also matters on what type of graphics card you have and system in general. If you're playing it on an old 15 inch CRT and you have a 64 meg video card, its not that fun.

But if your playing on a 19 inch LCD, along with a 256 800XT video card and 2 gigs of memory, the high resolution beats anything on a TV (to be honest, NCAA and MADDEN both look relatively crappy on my HD TV, especially being spoiled with the 2k series all these years).

For an example, I'll play GTA's on my PC anyday, along with Doom, Medal of Honor's, etc.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:42 PM   #16
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
todd why not on PC? so if there any problems you can get a patch for the pc version.

My pc is for text sims.. I just can't get into joystick games on my PC. I love playing those games on a big TV, not my 19" monitor. I will say graphics do look sharp on the PC versions though.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:44 PM   #17
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:

Yeah, I hear that. Not having 2k around this year for pro is really disappointing. While the game was questionable at best off the field, it still played a great game on the field. Not sure if its better than NCAA yet, but its good in a different way. Everything just feels much quicker in that game.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:00 PM   #18
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'll be getting it for Xbox, although NCAA is good enough that I might wait to get it for the Xbox 360 (which I pre-ordered the other day.)
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 09:03 PM   #19
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I'll be getting it for Xbox, although NCAA is good enough that I might wait to get it for the Xbox 360 (which I pre-ordered the other day.)

I'm jealous.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:06 PM   #20
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:

Are they making a version of it for the XBOX 360 this year, or are they just waiting until 07?
Old 07-14-2005, 09:07 PM   #21
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Console. Like Mizzou said, I reserve PC sports games to text sims. I haven't bought Madden for the PC since forever. Early 90's? Perhaps the firs Madden or so.

I have been debating on what to do. I don't have time to play both NCAA and Madden. Last year I barely touched NCAA. It was all Madden. Year before, I played a ton more NCAA. Based on my theory, this should be an "up" year for NCAA and a "down" year for Madden. That said, I still may go with Madden. I want to play the Lions. I can't help it. I am cofused...
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 09:09 PM   #22
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
Console. Like Mizzou said, I reserve PC sports games to text sims. I haven't bought Madden for the PC since forever. Early 90's? Perhaps the firs Madden or so.

I have been debating on what to do. I don't have time to play both NCAA and Madden. Last year I barely touched NCAA. It was all Madden. Year before, I played a ton more NCAA. Based on my theory, this should be an "up" year for NCAA and a "down" year for Madden. That said, I still may go with Madden. I want to play the Lions. I can't help it. I am cofused...

I think you owe it to yourself to give NCAA a shot this year. It really does play a good game of football on the field. Everything else outside the on the field play is esentially the same.

Just a hunch, but I think this will be a year in which Madden is not that great.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:09 PM   #23
jbmagic
Pro Starter

just curious do they ever make patches for console like Xbox games where you can use the action replay to get the latest patch?
Old 07-14-2005, 09:11 PM   #24
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Are they making a version of it for the XBOX 360 this year, or are they just waiting until 07?

That was poor sentence structure on my part. NCAA 2006 is only Xbox this year as far as I know.

I meant that NCAA 2006 is so good that I might not buy Madden when it comes out in August. I think I can happily keep playing NCAA until Madden comes out on the Xbox 360 in November or so.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:20 PM   #25
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
That was poor sentence structure on my part. NCAA 2006 is only Xbox this year as far as I know.

I meant that NCAA 2006 is so good that I might not buy Madden when it comes out in August. I think I can happily keep playing NCAA until Madden comes out on the Xbox 360 in November or so.

You answered my question . I knew that NCAA would not be out on the 360, but I wasn't sure if Madden was due to the fact that the new system won't be out until Nov.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:14 PM   #26
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Good idea... NCAA now for the ps2.. Madden down the road on the Xbox 360.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:19 PM   #27
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The only downside to that plan for me is that I won't be able to import my NCAA class and try to trade up to get Reggie Bush on the Eagles. However, despite that I'm going to try to stick to that plan.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:20 PM   #28
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Quote:
just curious do they ever make patches for console like Xbox games where you can use the action replay to get the latest patch?

They have patched xbox games before via xbox live. I seriously doubt microsoft would endorse any other kind of patching. They need to sell those Live accounts!
Old 07-14-2005, 10:22 PM   #29
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Quote:

I'm very skeptical/worried about the first pass of the new next gen football games. I have this strange feeling that the graphics will be head and shoulders above what we have now, but that the franchise/dynasty mode, and possibly even gameply will take a backseat to the eye candy. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I'm definitely taking a wait and see approach with it. (And if there's no good football game out, why buy the system?)
Old 07-14-2005, 10:22 PM   #30
Airhog
Captain Obvious

I might pick it up, but only if they allow you to change the controls. I have 2k4 I believe, and it wont let me assign controls the way I want too. I only play stuff with my ps2 controller anymore, and the 2k4 controls were screwed up...

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:24 PM   #31
maximus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
PC. $10 cheaper and easier to mod.

EA games are moddable?
Old 07-14-2005, 10:29 PM   #32
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus
EA games are moddable?

Never played MVP baseball eh?
Old 07-14-2005, 11:03 PM   #33
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The only downside to that plan for me is that I won't be able to import my NCAA class and try to trade up to get Reggie Bush on the Eagles. However, despite that I'm going to try to stick to that plan.

I swear we're twins.

Does your wife roll her eyes when you're calling stores to see if the latest sports game is in?
Old 07-14-2005, 11:05 PM   #34
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I swear we're twins.

Does your wife roll her eyes when you're calling stores to see if the latest sports game is in?

Yes
Old 07-15-2005, 01:07 AM   #35
SackAttack
Head Coach

Am I the only one who read the thread title as "Madden 2006 are you getting it in NC or Canada"?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 01:18 AM   #36
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
Am I the only one who read the thread title as "Madden 2006 are you getting it in NC or Canada"?

Yes.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 01:54 AM   #37
Izulde
Head Coach

I hated Madden 2005... hated it beyond all compare.

The immersion aspect was nil to me.

So I'm taking a wait and see approach to Madden 2K6, especially since RftH mode in NCAA was so disappointing.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 04:30 AM   #38
Emiliano
College Prospect

Quote:
My pc is for text sims.. I just can't get into joystick games on my PC. I love playing those games on a big TV, not my 19" monitor. I will say graphics do look sharp on the PC versions though.

Same for me. I'll be getting it for the Xbox.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:09 AM   #39
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Simple for me. Import draft classes from NCAA into Madden. Joystick is better. Nuff said.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 12:37 PM   #40
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Really? Didn't know that. What are some of the major features that are missing (not being sarcastic or defensive, just wondering).

I think the franchise is longer in PC, if you ever play that long.

Bottom line is things just get too far out of wack after the first 10 years or so for it to be a good football sim. Said it in a previous message, but I really hope that Jim's cranking away

I seams to me the PC version has become an after thought to EA. Last year the PC version didn't come out until AFTER THE NFL SEASON STARTED a full month after the console version was released.

It was also buggier the heck. In my first off season in franchise mode, I was offered a 1st round pick for my 2 & 3 round choices, which I accepted. A couple of picks later I was offered another trade: another 1st round pick for my 4 & 5 round choices.

My biggest disappointment was you could no longer create-a-team and play it in franchise mode. Actually they did away with the franchise mode all together and only had the owner mode. It is my understanding you could still do this in the PS2 version.

In the 2003 version on the console version you could create your own play, not on the PC version.
It just seams that EA finishes the console version, then ports as much of it over to the PC version as they can get done in time and then says the hell with it.

The reason the PC version is cheaper is you get less (IMHO)
Surtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 01:49 PM   #41
dervack
College Prospect

Xbox, it's $40 cheaper than the PC version.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 01:57 PM   #42
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack
Xbox, it's $40 cheaper than the PC version.

huh?
Old 07-15-2005, 03:03 PM   #43
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:

Same for me. Except that I bought NCAA for the Xbox.
Old 07-15-2005, 03:22 PM   #44
maximus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
Never played MVP baseball eh?

I dont play "joystick" games much anymore. I rarely see mods for Madden on the PC. Thats what I go by when I say "EA makes games moddable".

Last edited by maximus : 07-15-2005 at 03:24 PM.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:05 PM   #45
maximus
Banned

I just EA would say something about that supposed "football management sim" they are making.