Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-13-2005, 09:03 PM   #1
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

PING: Noop

Dude, how screwed are we? Two redshirt freshmen QBs, Cromartie's lost for the season, and our best 2 linebackers are suspended for the Miami game.

Fuck me.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 04:27 PM   #2
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Sigh I am sorry I just saw this... been alot of bad news for me as well my brother is hurt also... I have this hope that all these things will define the team and have them overcome this and beat Miami. I haven't heard that Sims and AJ were out for the Miami game...
Old 07-17-2005, 04:33 PM   #3
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Doesn't matter...FSU wasn't going to win the ACC anyway.

VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 04:59 PM   #4
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97
Doesn't matter...FSU wasn't going to win the ACC anyway.

Funny... I take it you are picking Virgina Tech to win the ACC? I kinda like Miami to win the conference over Boston College in the ACC title game.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:01 PM   #5
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop
Funny... I take it you are picking Virgina Tech to win the ACC? I kinda like Miami to win the conference over Boston College in the ACC title game.

You have to be kidding me.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:17 PM   #6
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:

You have to be kidding me.

Kidding about what? Boston College will more then likely beat Florida State and represent their half of the ACC while Miami should be able to win their half although it will be tough to do so... if it makes you feel good I figure you guys come in third.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:20 PM   #7
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I picked Va. Tech to take it last year and I expect a repeat performance this year.

That said, I think if Xavier Lee is the Noles QB, they'll be fine. Take a few hits this year but next year they'll be damn good.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 05:28 PM   #8
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle
I picked Va. Tech to take it last year and I expect a repeat performance this year.

That said, I think if Xavier Lee is the Noles QB, they'll be fine. Take a few hits this year but next year they'll be damn good.

I agree with that statement provided a few things happen...

- We find our offense again. I think this is key to the future of Florida State football.
- Get offensive linemen(we are so thin at that position)
- One last thing and I fear this may not happen because of Bowden we need to have that go for the kill attitude in big games.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:44 PM   #9
General Mike
Pro Starter

Boston College ain't winning shit. They never finished higher than 4th in 10 years in the Big East, and then they tie with 3 other teams for the conference title and now all of a sudden they are a big deal. Yeah right. Put 8 in the box and they are fucked.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 05:54 PM   #10
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Kidding about what? Boston College will more then likely beat Florida State and represent their half of the ACC while Miami should be able to win their half although it will be tough to do so... if it makes you feel good I figure you guys come in third.

The Canes have only beaten us once in the past 12 years when the game's in Blacksburg...and that was due to a dropped two point conversion. I don't see it happening this year when we have the better team.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:59 PM   #11
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Must be that time of the year when I will piss off the rest of the college football fans on this board. I said Boston College will win their division which as it stands is very possible considering it is the weaker of the two divisions. Now as for the Miami versus Virgina Tech thing I like to take the revenge factor into consideration. You maybe right and Virgina Tech smoke checks Miami in Blacksburg. However VT themselves can lose a few conference games and Miami with one lost(I don't think anyone of the other teams in the conference this season will beat them) can make it to J-Ville for the ACC title.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:59 PM   #12
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

dola - and up until a month ago, I would have predicted FSU over us in the title game. If they make it there, I'll probably still hold onto that prediction. But with all the stuff that's been happening in Tallahassee, I don't know if they'll make it through their half of the conference unscathed.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:00 PM   #13
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
dola - and up until a month ago, I would have predicted FSU over us in the title game. If they make it there, I'll probably still hold onto that prediction. But with all the stuff that's been happening in Tallahassee, I don't know if they'll make it through their half of the conference unscathed.

We wouldn't have made it anyway... 8-4 or 9-3(depending on the bowl game)
Old 07-17-2005, 06:02 PM   #14
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Must be that time of the year when I will piss off the rest of the college football fans on this board. I said Boston College will win their division which as it stands is very possible considering it is the weaker of the two divisions. Now as for the Miami versus Virgina Tech thing I like to take the revenge factor into consideration. You maybe right and Virgina Tech smoke checks Miami in Blacksburg. However VT themselves can lose a few conference games and Miami with one lost(I don't think anyone of the other teams in the conference this season will beat them) can make it to J-Ville for the ACC title.
Perhaps, but right now the game I'm fearing most is the opener at NC State. I think that game, along with going to UVA, are the two games where we stand the most chance of losing. Miami at home? Hasn't been a problem in years. Miami at home with the Canes having a first year quarterback? That tends to be a big Hokie win.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:11 PM   #15
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

If it's any consolation, all you need to do is score once. We have a hellacious defense (please, Mario, come back for your senior year!) but the offense is learning a new coordinator's schemes. QB Jay Davis did not inspire confidence last year and the hook may be fairly short on him this year. Then again, our o-line was so injury-plagued and horrid at times, it's hard to say if it was all Jay's fault or whether he was running for his life too much. We are stacked at running back with a bevy of game-breakers and we no longer have to wonder whether TA is playing or not as he moved on to try his hand at the NFL. Still, I'm not looking to our offense to win our games in the crunch. Our D will have to do a lot of heavy lifting again.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote