Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-08-2005, 07:43 AM   #1
Flasch186
Coordinator

customer can be sooo....

I sell a SPEC. I say you can pick out anything on the interior, design wise BUT NO structural changes at all as the home is about to be framed. A few weeks later she asks for the super's number which he has given permission to give out. Today I get an email recapping their conversation in which she asked him to reframe the trans window above the door to be arched. Considering that this would have to be approved by the ARC, AND it would have to be redrawn, AND we would have to have the framers come tear out the old work and reframe, ON TOP OF THE FACT THAT I TOLD HER NO STRUCTURAL CHANGES. Jeez, its even written in the contract.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 07-08-2005 at 07:44 AM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 07:46 AM   #2
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

?
Old 07-08-2005, 07:48 AM   #3
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
I sell a SPEC. I say you can pick out anything on the interior, design wise BUT NO structural changes at all as the home is about to be framed. A few weeks later she asks for the super's number which he has given permission to give out. Today I get an email recapping their conversation in which she asked him to reframe the trans window above the door to be arched. Considering that this would have to be approved by the ARC, AND it would have to be redrawn, AND we would have to have the framers come tear out the old work and reframe, ON TOP OF THE FACT THAT I TOLD HER NO STRUCTURAL CHANGES. Jeez, its even written in the contract.

Don't pitch the bitch. Easy advice.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 07:49 AM   #4
Swaggs
Coordinator

If that is the biggest problem you have going on right now, be thankful.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 08:02 AM   #5
hhiipp
College Prospect

Wow.
hhiipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 08:40 AM   #6
timmae
College Starter

sounds like a nice juicy change order my friend....
timmae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 08:44 AM   #7
Psmith
n00b

There was only one acronym in that, and I STILL didn't understand it. Also, you're going to frame the house? What are you, a corrupt police officer?
Old 07-08-2005, 08:46 AM   #8
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

LOL!!! Flasch, you just describe about 50% of my job, except you change anything related to houses with something related to an intercity bus. You wouldn't believe how many customers want to change their transmission type, or seat layout, or fabrics at about one week delay, or even once the coach has either just come on the production line, or even once it's out of it!!!

I don't work in sales, I work *with* sales, and believe me, our sales department is about ready to do anything to make one...

FM
Old 07-08-2005, 08:51 AM   #9
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psmith
There was only one acronym in that, and I STILL didn't understand it. Also, you're going to frame the house? What are you, a corrupt police officer?

That's good.
HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 09:18 AM   #10
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
I don't work in sales, I work *with* sales, and believe me, our sales department is about ready to do anything to make one...

FM

Thats the difference here, we CANT do the changes to make the sale. We can throw stuff atthe customer, Fridges, DW, Dryer, etc. but NO changes. Construction cant ahndle it, will mess it up, and the costs outweigh the advantages....so up front we say "no structural changes" even if it kills a deal. They nod, say ok, buy the house anyways (if youre lucky) then they want to start making structural changes and get pissed when we explain that you cant.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 07-08-2005, 09:22 AM   #11
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
Thats the difference here, we CANT do the changes to make the sale. We can throw stuff atthe customer, Fridges, DW, Dryer, etc. but NO changes. Construction cant ahndle it, will mess it up, and the costs outweigh the advantages....so up front we say "no structural changes" even if it kills a deal. They nod, say ok, buy the house anyways (if youre lucky) then they want to start making structural changes and get pissed when we explain that you cant.

Oh, believe me, there are things you can't do on a coach once it's out of the production line, like add a wheelchair lift, because of structural changes to the coach that could weaken the whole vehicle. Yet, every once in a while, we get a customer that tries to get us to add one and, oh surprise, gets all pissed when we remind him we just can't...

FM
Old 07-08-2005, 09:28 AM   #12
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
Oh, believe me, there are things you can't do on a coach once it's out of the production line, like add a wheelchair lift, because of structural changes to the coach that could weaken the whole vehicle. Yet, every once in a while, we get a customer that tries to get us to add one and, oh surprise, gets all pissed when we remind him we just can't...

FM

Then, knowing my personality type, I take that home with me. I get all frustrated and cant let go. I definitely have a weak emotional intelligence (being able to control emotions) but I think that that might be a good attribute in some ways. What you see is what you get BUT sometimes customers can pick up on my frustration which is not good.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 07-08-2005, 04:38 PM   #13
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psmith

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote