Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-05-2005, 12:17 PM   #1
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Worst Break-Up Stories Here

Reading Johnny's thread got me thinking about the worst break up I've ever had. More than ten years later thinking about still leaves me embarrassed over how badly I took it.

I met a girl about three months after I started college. We hit it off immediately, and were a serious item within a week of us meeting. The only snag was the fact that she was still dating her boyfriend from high school when we met (I should have realized this was a problem at the time).

We continue to be very serious throughout freshman year, and were already talking marriage after we graduated. Then the school year ended and she moved home for the summer while I stayed in Stillwater (about three hours away).

Since I didn't have a car, I couldn't go visit her as often as I'd have liked. I went once in June, and once in mid-July. When I went to visit her in mid-July, I couldn't help but feel like something was off. Then one afternoon while she was at work I found a letter to her, written the week before, by some guy who was talking about how great she was and how much he liked being with her, etc.

When she arrived home I asked her about the letter and she said it was just an old note from an ex-boyfriend. I showed her the date on the letter and she hung her head, then said we needed to talk.

Apparently she had met some oil rig worker about a week after school ended, and had been schtupping him for the previous seven weeks without ever telling me. When she finally told me the truth, I felt like someone had just punched me in the stomach and then kicked me in the balls.

I was just like Johnny, doing all the rationalizing I could, doing everything I could to try and hang on to this girl. After about three hours of "how could you?!" and "it doesn't matter, I still want to be with you", I realized I had to get out of there. Unfortunately, I was stuck.

I had no car, no ride, and no way of getting back to Stillwater that night. I was forced to stay in her home until the next morning when I could get a friend to drive the three hours and pick me up.

Besides the break-up sex, it was an utterly miserable night. To make matters worse, once school started again we were hanging out together all the time and hooked up briefly a couple of times. Each time just got my hopes up only to see them dashed when she flaked out (or came to her senses, seeing as I was acting like a possessive freak).

I was a mess for a long time after that breakup, but eventually (of course) I realized I didn't want to be with a woman who couldn't last a week without having a boyfriend around. Last I heard she was still in Stillwater, going to school part time and working at Wal-Mart.

So what's your worst breakup story?

CamEdwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 12:20 PM   #2
Desnudo
Coordinator

The doctor told me if I'd just keep my finger outta there, I wouldn't have so many nose bleeds.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 12:22 PM   #3
rkmsuf
Head Coach

what exactly is "break up" sex? Is it like rougher than normal?

Last edited by rkmsuf : 07-05-2005 at 12:22 PM.
rkmsuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 12:25 PM   #4
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

no different from regular sex, except for the uncontrollable sobbing that women find such a turn-on.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:26 PM   #5
rkmsuf
Head Coach

I still can't picture you finding out she's cheating on you and then saying "Oh well, hey let's do it."

You are the man.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:31 PM   #6
lungs
Pro Rookie

I was once with a girl for a while and really didn't like her all that much. She was annoying as hell and I had to drink a whole bottle of whiskey just to be around her.

So one night she wanted to hang out and I didn't have enough money for whiskey because I had just ordered Domino's. She asked if I wanted to hang out and I said no. She asked me why and I told her I had a pizza on the way and not enough money to get drunk. That was that.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 12:33 PM   #7
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
I still can't picture you finding out she's cheating on you and then saying "Oh well, hey let's do it."

You are the man.

actually, she came to me while I was on the couch and asked me to go into her room with her.

Looking back now, she was probably even more co-dependant than I was... but she was always fantastic in the sack. I
Old 07-05-2005, 12:34 PM   #8
wade moore
lolzcat

So let's see...

I started dating this girl when I was... 16 and she was 15... I went off to college and everything was peachy... she finished up her senior year while we visited each other quite often (2 1/2 hours between places, but she drove down a lot on weekends)... she really wanted to go to William and Mary... I think the first snag was when she did not get in... so anyway... we talked about marriage, were 'madly in love', all that stuff... my friends didn't like her for some odd reason...

Anyway.. then comes good 'ole 'beach week' after she graduated college... it was the week before July 4th, and talking to her on the phone through the week got progressively weirder and weirder... she came back and on July 4th we had 'the talk'... it was about her wanting to sew her oats, etc, etc..

So now to the ultimate embarrassment and shame for me... our biggest point of contention for 2 1/2 years was that I would not have sex (i know, i know)... I was not saying 'not until marriage'... and it wasn't for religious reasons, but i just was not ready...

So.. you guessed it boys and girls.. a week later we have sex because, in the back of my mind, i thought it would get her back... shocker, it didn't! anyway.. so i lost my virginity to a girl that cheated on me and dumped me... and i later realized was completely the wrong person for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 12:42 PM   #9
MrBug708
Head Coach

I had an ex gf who went to Scotland for 2 weeks and she didnt have any chance to call me while she was there; missions trip. On the way home from the airport I broke up with her. Yup, that was a fun ride home...
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 12:43 PM   #10
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

My wife (at the time), called me while I was in Wisconsin job hunting from California during Christmas and wanted a divorce...

This count?
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 12:51 PM   #11
Raven Hawk
College Starter

My ex-fiancee broke up with me during a Bears-Packers Monday Night game. Bitch. What's worse is that I was watching the game at a friends house when she called long-distance to break up with me, so my buddy got to witness my wimpering first hand. And worse yet . . . the Packers whooped my Bears that night.
Old 07-05-2005, 12:52 PM   #12
DanGarion
Coordinator

This is from a relationship 7 years ago. I wrote it back in 2000 in my journal. I'm way over it and I've found a girl I'm planning to spend my life with that contains no drama. But I used to have a lot.

Quote:
My first real girlfriend was J(I will just use the initial to respect her). I basically met her online. I used to work for a large local Orange County computer BBS named Prism. Every once in awhile we had get together and members of the BBS would meet up and get together. I had been talking to J for a couple weeks and we decided we would go to one of these functions together. So began my first true serious dating experience. Things started quick for the both of us physically. After about 3 weeks my parents were out of town and I invited her to stay over. We slept on the couch in the living room and fooled around for a couple hours. It was more then she had ever done with a guy and close to the same for me with a girl. After about 1 month of dating we decided to make official and consider ourselves in a serious relationship. Although she had a number of emotional problems due to sexual abuse and incest that she had dealt with up until a month or so before we started dating. She also was going through a relapse in stomach cancer. (Please understand that the problems she was dealing with may or may not be true, J was manic depressive and also had psychotic episodes. My family and friends believe she may have made up a majority of these stories for the attention. While I did believe J at the time more and more thinking has made me believe some things she told be were false). Her father that sexually abused her was in his 60's and also could barely walk. He did not seem like a man that had the strength to do what she said he had numerous times. Also I never went with her to the doctors while she was having treatment for her cancer. She did seem to have chemotherapy side affects with extreme sickness and tiredness but she did not show other side affects such as loss of hair or a general flushed look from chemo. But anyway since I was in the relationship and falling "in love" I ignored any signs of fallacy. In our relationship emotions ruled everything. Throughout the cancer treatments we weren't sure if she would go back into remission or what would happen. I think it was partly because of this that we got so close so quickly emotionally. As for physically things started fine but quickly deteriated to me being lucky if I we even made out. After about 4 months of dating her parents sold their house and while she was waiting for HUD to assist her with getting an apartment my family offered to let her live at our house. J would sleep in my sister's old bedroom and on the weekends we would sleep together in my bed. Throughout the entire time she lived here 4 months we had a total of about 4 intimate times while we were in bed. Normally ending up with me frustrated because of one thing or another. But I understood and accepted this because of what she had been through. I wanted to be there for her and help her through the pain and emotions she was going through. Now J and I never were afraid to show the affection we had for one another verbally. We constantly told each other that we loved the other. By the time she had moved in she had once again gone in remission. She was not seeing anyone to help with the abuse she had been subjected to for years while living at home. In January 98 she got her own place. Things seemed to be going good. We had experienced what it was like to live with one another and we seemed closer then ever although I was still as frustrated intimately. I wasn't expecting sex, in fact at this time I was still a virgin, but I did want what I gave in the relationship. Unfortunately I was the only one that ever gave but I accepted it because I wanted her to be happy and I figured it would all end up all right. In Feb. J and I looked at engagement rings. Although we weren't really looking on getting engaged, we did talk about eventually getting married. It still seems to be about 1 year away till we ever made any formal announcements. As she got settled into her new place I would stay over mostly every weekend or so. It was really great sleeping with someone in your arms. Also kissing them goodnight and when you left in the morning telling them you loved them. Little did I know in April she would call me while I was at work and tell me she needed me to come over. It was a Friday night and she had to talk to me. She was crying on the phone. I thought the worst... A relapse in cancer? Maybe she had a sexual disease from something that had happened to her. She was going to a mental hospital because of problems she was having... As I raced to her place my mind was spinning. She had me sit down on her couch and went on to tell me she wanted to break up. She had fallen out of love for me. I cried for the next 3 hours, while she cried along with me, holding me in her arms. I had never been hurt so much in my life after "thinking" I was so happy and that things were going great with us. Although at the time it devastated me and hurt so much, I now realize that I was going no where in that relationship and if I had been in it much longer it would have actually ruined me. Just about 2 months after her and I broke up, maybe even less, she started to date a friend of hers that she started hanging out with a little before we broke up. That is when I really noticed I was better off out of the relationship we had and that it was time for me to move on. She was happy and since I did love her as a friend I was happy for her. I moved on although inside I was still hurting from what had happened.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 12:52 PM   #13
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Marrying his best friend pretty much took care of it for me.
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 12:54 PM   #14
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Marrying his best friend pretty much took care of it for me.

I didn't mention that I have been dating her best friend for almost 8 years now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 12:56 PM   #15
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
what exactly is "break up" sex? Is it like rougher than normal?

Almost always.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:05 PM   #16
Blackadar
Retired

Hell, I don't have to explain mine. Just check these Bob Seger lyrics out.

She stood there bright as the sun on that california coast
He was a midwestern boy on his own
She looked at him with those soft eyes,
So innocent and blue
He knew right then he was too far from home he was too far from home

She took his hand and she led him along that golden beach
They watched the waves tumble over the sand
They drove for miles and miles
Up those twisting turning roads
Higher and higher and higher they climbed

And those hollywood nights
In those hollywood hills
She was looking so right
In her diamonds and frills
All those big city nights
In those high rolling hills
Above all the lights
She had all of the skills

He’d headed west ’cause he felt that a change
Would do him good
See some old friends, good for the soul
She had been born with a face that would her
Get her way
He saw that face and he lost all control
He had lost all control

Night after night, day after day, it went on and on
Then came that morning he woke up alone
He spent all night staring down at the lights of la
Wondering if he could ever go home

And those hollywood nights
In those hollywood hills
It was looking so right
It was giving him chills
In those big city nights
Above all the lights
With a passion that kills

In those hollywood nights
In those hollywood hills
She was looking so right
All those big city nights
Above all the lights
She had all of the skills
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:06 PM   #17
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs
I was once with a girl for a while...

So I read "lungs" as "lurker", and when I read the first half of the first sentence I got kinda excited...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:10 PM   #18
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar
Hell, I don't have to explain mine. Just check these Bob Seger lyrics out.

You broke up with Bob Seger and he wrote that song?
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:13 PM   #19
Desnudo
Coordinator

Sounds like Blackadar is a conniving bitch.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:15 PM   #20
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Sounds like Blackadar is a conniving bitch.

If this was me:

She looked at him with those soft eyes,
So innocent and blue

She was looking so right

She had been born with a face that would her
Get her way

I wouldn't be posting on this board with you losers. I'd be out shopping for shoes with my Sugar Daddy's money.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:37 PM   #21
bob
College Starter

After 5 months of marriage, my ex-wife woke me up in the middle of the night to tell me that she felt she got married too young (23 at time of marriage), and wanted a divorce. She then stated that she had cheated on me during her business trip the previous weekend.

That was fun...
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:42 PM   #22
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore
So.. you guessed it boys and girls.. a week later we have sex because, in the back of my mind, i thought it would get her back... shocker, it didn't! anyway.. so i lost my virginity to a girl that cheated on me and dumped me... and i later realized was completely the wrong person for me...

Wow, is this the first documented case of breakup sex being the first time for a particular couple?
Old 07-05-2005, 01:43 PM   #23
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

A friend of mine returned from a business trip to find an empty apartment. His wife cleared out absolutely everything, including his clothing. She then maxed out his credit cards, and when he wanted to see their daughter, she wouldn't let him (and no, he never hit or abused anyone - it was just out of spite).

He proceeded to receive the most generous divorce settlement in the history of Massachusetts divorce court. She actually had to pay back the credit card money, and all she receives is the child support required by law.

The way he thinks about women, though, he must be Johnny93's alter-ego, 15 years later. He just will not listen to anyone, and makes the same mistakes, over and over.

I used to date a woman who told me that after her last breakup, she had revenge sex with the guy's brother. That was a great warning, and our relationship stalled pretty quickly.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:47 PM   #24
Izulde
Head Coach

Worst breakup I ever had was a couple years ago. Due to a lot of factors that would take too long to go into here, I really thought she was going to be the one and felt that more deeply than I'd ever felt anything before.

To make a long story short, she eventually broke up with me because she decided what she felt wasn't love, but just a lot of adoration and friendship. She did leave the door open for us to get back together later in life. (Gee, sound familiar anyone with the second chance, thing?)

Well, over about the next six months after that, we were still pretty close, but things were gradually falling apart until one night she exploded at me and said, "You're too clingy, too intense, and too depressive. You know I hate it when people are clingy."

I eventually did stop becoming less clingy, but by that time she'd lost all interest in even having me as a true friend and kept playing mind games... The whole "Oh I miss you, I miss talking to you, we should hang out again" etc, thing... only to be rebuffed every time I acted on that.

So finally, I got so fucking fed up with her bullshit that I just flat-out avoided her for a month and had no contact with her whatsoever. That's what really broke me of her finally and what made me really get over her. It was the first time I'd ever taken that advice about breaking off all contact you always see in those co-dependancy articles, and it worked.

We still talk every now and again, but I wouldn't call us friends. More acquaintances these days.

Karma came along and bitchslapped her, though. Not only did she not get into any of the colleges she wanted, so she's stuck at her safety school, but she's developed a case of the uglies that's shocking. She used to be really thin and a model with girly girl looks.

Now she's starting to get fat and has a manly face.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 01:55 PM   #25
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Dangarion....you and I need to talk. Your story sounds EXACTLY like my ex-fiancee. She was abused by her father sexually (an old drunk) and had OVARIAN cancer (would be cured then relapsed constantly - I was never allowed to go to chemo - when she came over she would announce after going to the bathroom that she threw up from it though no one ever heard anything).

When I got my first real job out of school I all of a sudden could not get in touch with her. She was living with two friends in Phila. and worked at a Houlihans. I went to her doctor and they said they never heard of her. I went to her place of work and they said "oh, she's not working tonight" (though she said she was). Like an idiot, a month later I invited her to California (all this time we hinted about engagement) and got engaged to her on the beaches of Monterrey. Less than a month later we were broken up and she began dating this nimrod she always talked about in her group of friends. Less than a year later - she married some other guy and was knocked up.

2 years later I met a good friend's fiancee. 2 years after that, I ended up marrying that fiancee. But that's another story

Seriously, Dangarion - that is one story that sounded too close to home.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:00 PM   #26
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

When you look back at how an ended relationship progressed, it's hard to believe some of the choices you made, or the things you ignored, or the way you acted in the face of the brutal truth, all for the sake of love or some semblance of it.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:12 PM   #27
dervack
College Prospect

Ex girlfriend of mine had reoccuring bouts of Thyroid Cancer. It was before I knew her, and when we were dating, she started to have to undergo treatments for them again. After she had her treatments, she got the ok from her doctor saying it was in remission. She called me later that day and told me that "Her body was free, she should be to"

Man was I pissed.

I was dating a girl for 6 months, and during a particularly bad snow storm, I drove up to see her. When I got there, she decided that she didn't want to be with me anymore, and that it wasn't fair to me. Didn't tell me why. It was snowing pretty heavy, so I wasn't about to drive back the 1.5 hours it would take, so I stayed the night there. She asked me to come to bed with her, and I said no, and slept on her couch. A couple of weeks later, I went to her work to give back the rest of her stuff to make a clean break, and we ended up having sex in her office of where she worked. We went to dinner that night and she told me that the night before she broke up with me, she had cheated on me with her former boss, and it was because she was drunk. Some other chick was there trying to stop them, but she apparently had no control. When she gets drunk, she has a tendency to lose a lot of control. Anyway, I was disgusted with her, so after dinner, on the ride back to her car so she could go home, I pulled over the car and told her "to get out, I'm disgusted with you right now." She had to walk back the 4 miles to her car at 11:00 pm at night. Surprisingly, she hasn't bothered to call me in the 3 years since.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:13 PM   #28
SelzShoes
High School Varsity

Wow, my worst break up seems tame compared to these. But considering I lost not only the first love of my life (the wife is the second) and a best friend over it, I may not be giving it full credit.
SelzShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:24 PM   #29
condors
College Starter

not sure this exactly qualifies since it was with my practice wife.

basically i caught her in bed with my friend, this was the first time i was arrested for assault, came home from work to an empty apt. Went to her brothers to find out where everything is at. 2nd time was arrested for assualt.
Found life savings gone and cat put to sleep. I broke into her mothers house and threatened to kill every member of thier family tree(and broke a bunch of stuff). Arrested for the 3rd time.

that was really the last of it until the divorce was final although there was alot of "bad marriage" stuff between her cheating and leaving
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:24 PM   #30
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Well...I have a couple....one is mine....the other is my fathers 2nd marriage.

First mine:

So, I had this girl I was dating...it had been two years...and she started partying big time and doing drugs, and I wasn't into that...Cleaning up my life stepping away from it...Hoping she was going to go that route as well.

We were in major love, talking marriage and what not...and this all started happening, and I eventually issued the ultimatum. "The drugs or me" and she choose the prior.

Needless to say, she tried to get me back right before I got married, which failed miserably. And no when I bump into her, she tries still...

I don't know much about her life, other than she seriously screwed it up....

As for my fathers story.

He married this woman, who hid her serious drug problem from him. He was working 80 to 90 hours a week to launch a project for work...He had changed his life for the better, and turned into a passive person, realizing his aggression destroyed his first marriage...so he went to the pussy side of it, and wouldn't fight back.

It got to the point one night, she was beating the shit out of him, he hid in the bathroom, and stayed there...Woke up in the morning, went out, and ALL of her shit was gone...his clothes were BBQed...

He proceeded to call the bank.

close to 100K had been wiped out of his savings, and another 35K from his checking.

Needless to say, the Divorce got extremely nasty as things came out that he knew nothing about because he worked.

Things like, she was turning tricks in their house to support her drug habit.

She was nailed 3 times for prostitution down in New Orleans

She hired some guys to steal their Van (One of those nice custom vans) so they could get the insurance money which she promptly spent....

She still ended up with getting 5000 a month in payments from dad for Alimony. I hate the bitch, she is the reason I ended up being sent back to Utah, and not staying in Memphis.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:27 PM   #31
scooper
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
schtupping

schtupping?
scooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:29 PM   #32
Ksyrup

You've never heard that term used, or you're questioning the spelling?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 07-05-2005, 02:30 PM   #33
scooper
College Benchwarmer

I've never heard it used. I like it. Is it multi-functional like the real thing?

Schtup you!
scooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:38 PM   #34
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
My ex wife called while I was visiting a friend in the hospital to tell me she was leaving.

Bitch cleaned out the apartment. Didn't even leave any damned toilet paper in the bathroom.

"What kind of a sick bitch takes the ice cube trays out of the freezer?"

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:39 PM   #35
SFL Cat
College Starter

I love "vent" threads like this. I was a junior in high school and she was my "first love." I met said girl while in Junior Achievement. She was a year behind me and we went to different high schools. We ended up spending a lot of time together while working on a project for our group and I got to know her pretty well. Up until that time, I had never dated anyone seriously (i.e., gone out more than two or three times) and she had just broken up with her boyfriend, who she had been dating for three years or so. I finally got up the nerve to ask her out. We went to see a movie (CE3K I think) and I remember even today the electricity I felt when we kissed for the first time (up to that point, I thought kissing was highly overrated).

Needless to say, I was head over heels about her. I had an after-school job in a hotel catering department that kept me pretty busy on some weeknights and most weekends, but every free moment I had, I tried to spend with her. She worked for her dad's janitorial service, so on some evenings, I'd go with her and help her clean offices (for free!) just so I could spend time with her. I even gave her my Senior class ring to wear after only having it a couple of weeks.

We dated three or four months, and I was fully convinced she was as crazy about me as I was for her. Then one afternoon while at work, a co-worker who went to school with her said, "You date such-and-such, right?" I told him yes. Then he proceeds to tell me that he had seen her at his school making out with her old boyfriend and he thought I should drop her because she was a total ho. Of course, I didn't believe him, but the next time we were together I told her that I worked with a guy (didn't identify him) who went to her school and knew her and I told her what he had told me.

She admitted she had gone out a few times with her old boyfriend, but she gave me a sob story about how he had been dumped by his new girlfriend, was depressed, and she felt sorry for him, they were still friends, but it was really over between them. Any sane person would have run away screaming right then and there, but when you're in love, you tend to have "STUPID" stamped on your forehead in B-I-G letters. We continued dating for another month (it was now into the summer). I had promised to take her to a carnival on Friday evening. I was supposed to work Thursday evening, but a dinner we were supposed to cater was canceled so we got to leave work early. I decided to go by her house and surprise her.

You guessed it. She was sitting out on the front porch holding hands and snuggling with some guy (it wasn't even her old boyfriend -- I knew what he looked like -- I had NO IDEA who it was). I felt like I had gotten a kicked in the side. I drove by her house REALLY SLOW....just so she would know it was me. And as I drove past, I punched it and laid down rubber for about a block.

Needless to say, I didn't take her to the carnival the next night. Instead, I went with some friends (and met a really cute girl to boot). The next day, while I was mowing, she stopped by my house. It was a little embarrassing because my step dad was outside working and she had obviously been drinking and was very, very loud. "You never called me last night about going to the carnival," she said.

"Nope," I agreed cooly.

"I guess you found something more interesting to do," she said.

"I guess I did," I replied.

And that was that. Needless to say, it took me a while to get over her, but eventually I did. If I could have done it all again, I would've gotten my class ring back from her before dumping her. When I contacted her later about getting it back, she told me she had already given it back to me.

P.S. -- I continued to work at the hotel during summers when I came home from college. One of the events we catered was a wedding reception for....yep....you guessed it, it was her. She ended up marrying her old boyfriend.

Last edited by SFL Cat : 07-05-2005 at 02:44 PM.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:40 PM   #36
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Needless to say, I didn't take her to the carnival the next night.

You heartless bastard.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:43 PM   #37
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Dated a Girl in High School. Went to College...dated other girls..Got back together with girl I dated in Highschool....She broke up with me...I "won" her back...I helped her through school..I didn't pay for school, but I generally helped with money as I was working...

-We got married shortly after she graduates.
-She gets a job teaching..she is now making the money, and I'm to go back to finish school.
-I'm suddenly not cool enough to hang with her new teacher friends. That wasn't said at the time, but looking back that is what was going on. I didn't really care too much, cause it gave me a chance to do my own thing, and see my old single buddies from time to time.
-Then she doesn't return home from a new years eve party until 8AM. I was working nights, and didn't get home till 4AM...a few hours earlier than expected.
-I go a little off when I find she spent the night at a fellow male teachers house.
-Consider the next few days extremely tense.
-I finally go balistic..and she admits to having an affair with the guy.
-I don't know exactly what to do, but she says it is over, and she'll do what it takes to make our marriage right.
-Thus follows three weeks of hell, during which she breaks it off with him, goes through counciling with me, and we try to piece things back together. At one point we go shopping and I ask her what the hell she is doing looking at swimsuits in the middle of January(important later). This period boils down to me wanting her to show contrition or at least admit fault for sleeping around, and her resenting my anger.
-Then I come home from work one day for lunch...well I was working nights so really dinner. Most of her possessions are gone, and her wedding and engagement ring are sitting on the kitchen table. She left me a "dear John" on the answering machine.
-A couple of days later I get a letter from a travel agency confirming her trip to hawaii with her new beau.(Thus the importance of the swimsuit).
-She also managed to pay off damn near all of her personal credit accounts, while paying the minimums on mine.

I think that'll do for a summary.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:47 PM   #38
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

This thread is starting to make me ashamed to be a woman. These chicks are all so horrible.
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:52 PM   #39
lurker
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
So I read "lungs" as "lurker", and when I read the first half of the first sentence I got kinda excited...

Hey JeeberD, I hate to burst your bubble further, but since you have no idea how I look, you have nothing to base your excitement on. In all likelihood, since this is the internet, I’m probably really an eighty-year old mountain man. And not Indian
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 02:57 PM   #40
Izulde
Head Coach

That reminds me, at Fourth of July dinner last night with my cousin, the following story came up that fits perfectly with this thread.

The last time Scott (my cousin) had been in Las Vegas was May of '86, with Bob, his brother, my aunt, my grandfather, and my parents.

Bob was really happy to be in Vegas and commented that his wife had been really enthusiastic about his going.

Well, when Bob got home, he came home to... an entirely empty house.

Wife was gone, kids were gone, furniture was gone, carpeting was gone, literally everything in the house was gone, even the bindings that kept the curtains in place were taken.

Scott said it was the only time he'd seen Bob cry.

To make it worse, Bob never did manage to get *any* of his stuff back from her, including his grandmother's antique table, which is the only thing he really wanted back if he could only have one thing.

So he had to start over from scratch. Now everything in his house is from rummage sales, estate sales, or were freebies from people who lent him a hand.

He's never married again and only goes on a date once in a blue moon.

Last edited by Izulde : 07-05-2005 at 03:01 PM.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:59 PM   #41
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde

Well, when Bob got home, he came home... an entirely empty house.

Wife was gone, kids were gone, furniture was gone, carpeting was gone, literally everything in the house was gone, even the bindings that kept the also gone curtains were taken.

Well at least my ex left me the answering machine.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:02 PM   #42
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne
Well at least my ex left me the answering machine.

Only to give you the Dear John announcement via it, probably.

Old 07-05-2005, 03:04 PM   #43
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
This thread is starting to make me ashamed to be a woman. These chicks are all so horrible.

Perhaps it is because it is the men who are telling these stories?

I am not arguing that you should not be embarassed to be a woman - all women should, I am merely pointing out that the protagonist and antagonist in every drama depends very much on the point of view of the storyteller.

The exception being the woman who turned tricks in indoorsoccersim's father's house.

Last edited by Samdari : 07-05-2005 at 03:04 PM.
Samdari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 03:05 PM   #44
Ksyrup

I expected the typical high school/college "love of a life" relationship crash-and-burns, but I'll admit to being caught off-guard by the number of marriages that have ended so badly. My wife and I just celebrated 8 years, and while I realize people can change over time, or some life-altering illness/tragedy could occur at any time, I can't imagine things going downhill such that our relationship could end so badly. And yet I know it happens.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:05 PM   #45
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde
Only to give you the Dear John announcement via it, probably.

the BITCH!!!

But I'm not bitter.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:06 PM   #46
rkmsuf
Head Coach

I still can't believe he didn't take her to the carnival.
Old 07-05-2005, 03:07 PM   #47
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari
Perhaps it is because it is the men who are telling these stories?

I am not arguing that you should not be embarassed to be a woman - all women should

On the first point - that's what I was thinking. In the typical relationship gone bad, there is plenty of blame to go around. Maybe not in these particular cases, but ordinarily things aren't so one-sided.

On the second point - LOL!
Old 07-05-2005, 03:07 PM   #48
Comey
College Starter

I've been broken up with via an answering machine (when I was 16, my parents were going through a divorce, and I was quite unstable). The girl I was dating for 9 months (at that point) went to a religious retreat (her mom was something in a local church, but the girl wasn't that religious). She came back saying she had met a guy, and was going to his prom (she was a freshman, I was a sophomore, this guy was a senior).

He lived in Maryland. We lived in PA.

She also wanted to learn to play poker, because they were going to play strip poker. I actually got through this with her in my life...for another four months, in fact. Then, one day, I was at the YMCA (for noon pickup basketball), and I was on the phone with her. I then realized I got sick of her shit, and I said "You know, I don't think I'm going to talk to you anymore. Have a good summer." I then hung up the phone, and moved on to the next girl.

I was also broken up with via IM. We got back together two months later, and got married six years later (and are currently separated).

I have had some very, very interesting relationships. The one breakup I leveled on a girl...in between the first girl and my wife, both of which I have written, I had several other girlfriends. Nothing very serious...but I didn't know how to break up with them. One of my friends said I should just screen my calls and not pick up. That worked for two girls. But the third one...that didn't work. She was not letting go easily.

So, one of my other friends (my two friends and I were VERY Seinfeldish) gave me a line from a Bad Boys movie. One night, I was babysitting my neighbors' kids (very easy money), and I was talking to her. Her basketball team, arguably the worst in the state, had gotten beat 73-9 to a rival. I had played that night, and scored 20 points. I had a good laugh that I was averaging more points per game than they were, and let her know of that. She began to reply, and in a very asshole-ish move, said "All right, I gotta go. But before I do, I have one more thing to say.

"The transaction's done. We ain't got shit, so it's over."

I then hung up the phone. I never heard from her until the first day of spring vacation. She actually called me, and wanted to know if I wanted to go shoot hoops. I was like "No....?", and then she said "Emily will be there." Emily went on to become my wife. So, she basically set me up with my wife, though she was trying to get back together with me.

One last little tidbit, as to the sanity of this girl...the week after I was introduced to Em, Em had had an awful week. So I got a few flowers, not to get brownie points, but because I was genuinely concerned. I brought them to her house, rang the door bell...

...and my ex-gf answered.

And she watched me give the flowers to Em.

I believe a switch went off inside her. We had some street chalk outside that we were screwing around with, and she went outside, wrote something, and stormed off. What she wrote was "JC SHOULD DIE!" One of my friends, the one who came up with the Bad Boys line, asked what JC Penney had ever done to her.

I was legitmiately afraid. I had only dated this girl out of a sob story she gave me...she was 5'11, and she wasn't big, but she wasn't petite. I was quite scared.

So yeah. There's my rambling.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 03:14 PM   #49
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey
I was also broken up with via IM. We got back together two months later, and got married six years later (and are currently separated).

So you were in fact using IM before Al Gore even invented the internet. Outlandish!
Old 07-05-2005, 03:14 PM   #50
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari
I am not arguing that you should not be embarassed to be a woman - all women should, I am merely pointing out that the protagonist and antagonist in every drama depends very much on the point of view of the storyteller.

I feel kindof embarassed to enjoy this and its companion thread. But I take some solace in the fact that I skim over the story parts to get to posts like this, which are the real gold in the thread

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote