Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-30-2005, 09:36 AM   #1
Scholes
High School Varsity

Dov Charney... A new nominee for Greatest American

I work in a custom apparel business. We get a lot of samples from t-shirt and sweatshirt companies who want to supply us. No big deal. About a year ago, I started getting samples from a company called American Apparel. The samples came with catalogs with different, normal looking people, but they were kind of edgy too, guys wearing tighty-whiteys, girls wearing next-to-nothing, etc.

EXAMPLES (Not nude, but not far from either):
hxxp://www.jewlicious.com/wp-content/aa2.jpg
hxxp://www.americanapparel.net/morephotos/4415/4415_05.jpg

I did a little research and found out that American Apparel is a US based (LA) apparel manufacturer that is sweeping the nation. They pride themselves on being "sweat-shop free" and delivering a high quality product. I then read up on the President of American Apparel, Dov (That's "Dove" without the e) Charney.

Here he is:

Here's some excerpts from an article I read from Jane Magazine:

Quote:
Ko goes out with Charney and an unamed female employee:

I asked him how he relaxed. Oral sex he says, settling into a chair behind a cloud of smoke. “I love it … I am a bit of a dirty guy, but people like that right now.”

Explaining exactly how the rest of the night unraveled is somewhat difficult. Let’s just say, the female employee helped him “put on a show” for me. I watched, trying to be objective, detached - sorta like a … war reporter?

Ko goes to Charney’s pad late one evening for an interview session:

Soon enough he loosens his Pierre Cardin belt.
“Are you going to do it again?” I ask.
“Can I?” he says adjusting himself in his chair.
And thus begins another compulsive episode of what Dov likes to call “self-pleasure,” during which we casually carry on our interview, discussing things like business models, hiring practices and the stupidity of focus groups.
“Masturbation in front of women is underrated,” Dov explains to me later over the phone. “It’s much easier on the woman. She gets to watch, it’s a sensual experience that doesn’t involve a man violating a woman, yet once the man has his release, it’s over and you can talk to the guy.”

Ko claims that in the month she spent with Charney, she watched him pleasure himslef eight or so times. She ends the article by describing how she leaves Charney in New York, interview completed, and hails a cab. “Then as I step into the depths of the backseat, I realize I don’t want this trip to end just yet.”

Just a weird dude. He has a waiting list for people that want to work in his factorys. He pays more than minimum wage, he gives free insurance, free massages, they march on May Day, he's a cult hero. Oh, and his company grossed nearly $150 million last year.

Some quotes from Dov:

"What I’m talking about is the exploitation of human potential instead of the exploitation of humanity. I’m saying you don’t have to fuck the Third World up the ass, or the shareholders, or the consumers, or the Canadian and American workers, to do business."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I can’t wear any brand on my body - I just freak out. I mean, if I’m with a girl who’s wearing a Christian Dior necklace, I can’t even fuck her. And then there are those girls - like every girl I seem to find - who has one those Louis Vuitton bags. C’mon, it’s fucking false tribalism."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Look, I’m not that ethical, but you don’t have to be the most ethical person to know that slavery was wrong. And a lot of the liberal, political shit that’s been written about me is just horse-shit.

"But of course what I do is morally motivated too, because when you treat people well you’re doing something right. The truth is that when I walk through my factory, we’re all cheering together because we’re all making money together. If everybody touched by your business process gets a boner, or a smile or feels good - whatever it is that turns their crank - you know you’re doing something right. And you ain’t going out of business.

"But if you’re Enron, and everyone is getting fucked up the ass, you’re doing something wrong. You’re not a good entrepreneur, you’re just a fucking Soprano parasite."

So let's do a revote on the Greatest American thing. Dov Charney for Pres.

Scholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 09:51 AM   #2
KevinNU7
College Starter

he really likes to talk about the butt sex
Old 06-30-2005, 09:56 AM   #3
Peregrine
Pro Starter

This guy is great!
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 10:30 AM   #4
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

this guy is also facing several sexual harrassment lawsuits.
Old 06-30-2005, 10:33 AM   #5
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
this guy is also facing several sexual harrassment lawsuits

But who isn't in this topsy-turvy world of ours?
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2005, 10:42 AM   #6
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
this guy is also facing several sexual harrassment lawsuits.

Kid: Are you a cop?
Fletch: As far as you know.
Kid: Are you gonna take me to jail for car theft?
Fletch: Why? Did you steal the car?
Kid: I sure did.
Fletch: Well, I'm not even sure that's a crime anymore. There've been a lot of changes in the law.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote