Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-18-2005, 07:40 AM   #1
jshipman2
Banned

FOF Related: Roster Question

I'm in several MP leagues in which no midweek stage is ran every week (only once every three games) and was wondering the easiest way to sign players and making sure the players on your roster and depth chart are not reset by the computer. So if I have three offensive tackles and one gets hurt and is listed as out and I sign another tackle before my next game, how do I set up my actives/inactives and depth chart so it isn't screwed up once he joins the team?

jshipman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 07:46 AM   #2
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I believe you need to set 45 players as active, without going below the limit for each position (except for the tackle).

I usually just wait for a bye, unless things are very urgent.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 07:48 AM   #3
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

All free agent signings come onto your team as active. Because of that, you can plan ahead when signing one by only having 45 active when you attempt the signing. There's no way to get that new player onto your depth chart, however, so you'll need to have that filled prior to the signing.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 07:49 AM   #4
QuikSand
lolzcat

I think the easiest way to do this is to only sign players when you have the extra export chance, and otherwise make do with what you have.

But, in the spirit of the question, here's the best plan, I think:

-Set your roster with 46 active players, including a guy you're willing to cut to pick up the FA target player (and that guy cannot be "counted" toward your positions minimums anywhere - he can't be your only FB, for instance)

-Similarly, you should have the position minimums filled even without the FA acquisition

-Submit your FA claim, and release the guy to be cut on a contingent basis

-The new player will come to your roster in an active spot, replacing the guy you cut who was also active

This way, whether you get the FA or not, you wil have 46 active and all your positions filled. The downside is that your new acquisition will not play in the immediate game -- if you really want him to, then you probably need to submit a roster with that position group deliberately incomplete, so the AI will go in and "fix" it for you. Just be aware that once the AI gets involved, it wil defer to the older (pre-patch) position minimum rules for your whole roster -- meaning that you could find adjustments being made elsewhere on your roster unless you have everything covered to the older standard, not just the newer standard.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote