Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-15-2005, 12:49 PM   #1
maximus
Banned

Umm, yeah...this is pretty sick.

hxxp://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44779

Quote:
A Kansas City abortionist is out of business after investigators discovered a grisly house of horrors at his clinic – with fetuses kept in Styrofoam cups in his refrigerator and one employee accusing him of microwaving one and stirring it into his lunch.

The unsanitary conditions in Krishna Rajanna's clinic prompted legislative approval of new abortion regulations in Kansas, a bill that was vetoed by the governor. Rajanna's activities have reportedly been the subject of law-enforcement investigations for nearly two years.

Rajanna first came to the attention of police in September 2003 when he called police to investigate alleged employee theft.

Detective William Howard of the Kansas City Police Department responded.

"I thought I had heard and seen every vile, disgusting crime scene, but was in for a new shock when I started this investigation," he would say later. Howard turned the matter over to the local district attorney and three state agencies.

Topping the list of horrors was an employee's account that she and others witnessed Rajanna "microwave one of the aborted fetuses and stir it into his lunch," as Howard recalled earlier this year when testifying before a Kansas House committee.

Rajanna denied the accusation. But he did keep fetuses in Styrofoam cups in the refrigerator along with food and drink.

"Dr. Rajanna lacked personal hygiene," testified Howard. "His hair was messy, hands dirty, and his clothing was wrinkled and stained. He put on old, used foot booties while we were there."

Howard testified the clinic was dark, dingy, had poor lighting and smelled musty. There were dirty dishes in the break-room sink and on the table, trash everywhere, and roaches crawling on the countertops. Howard was afraid to sit down.

Howard noted there were no hazardous waste containers anywhere. (An employee later testified Rajanna took home all contaminated, medical and biohazard waste for residential trash pick-up.)

As for the "procedure room," Howard's partner spotted dried blood on the floor and said the room looked "nasty."

Two dishwashers located next to the staff toilet served as sterilizers, according to employee testimony. Photographs show the toilet was bloody and functioned as a human waste disposal in the literal sense.

On Saturday, the State Board of Healing Arts voted unanimously to revoke Rajanna's license.

In March, a board inspector made two surprise visits to Rajanna' clinic. He reported the facility was unclean and that he found syringes of medications in an unlocked refrigerator. The inspector also reported finding a dead mouse in the hallway.

Rajanna said in his 10 years of performing abortions in Kansas City, no patient has complained about care.

Rajanna can appeal the decision to district court. He argued that he had not been given an opportunity to meet with the inspector to correct the deficiencies. But board members concluded that Rajanna's clinic represented a danger and said that as a doctor, he shouldn't have needed the board's prodding to keep a clinic clean and safe.

Board members also noted that Rajanna had been previously disciplined, in 2000 and 2001, for not properly testing his patients for their blood types and for improperly labeling medications. Also, in February, Rajanna signed an agreement to improve his clinic's conditions and paid a $1,000 fine.

With Rajanna's case pending, abortion opponents won legislative approval of a bill requiring abortion clinics to obtain an annual license from the Department of Health and Environment, hire surgeons as their medical directors and report patient deaths to the state within a day. The measure also mandated that the department set standards for equipment, medical screenings, ventilation and lighting.

But Gov. Kathleen Sebelius, an abortion-rights advocate, vetoed the measure, saying medical professionals – not legislators – should set standards.

edit: edited url to "hxxp".

Last edited by maximus : 06-15-2005 at 01:04 PM.
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 12:51 PM   #2
John Galt
Pro Starter

Deja vu all over again.

Before this thread gets locked too, will someone tell me if a real newspaper has run this story and what the hell WND does (are they just an aggregator or do they do their own stuff)?
Old 06-15-2005, 12:51 PM   #3
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Contortionist Eats Penises
Old 06-15-2005, 12:52 PM   #4
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Sad....sad....sad.....
Old 06-15-2005, 12:53 PM   #5
Subby
lolzcat

Extortionist Pees Reeses
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 12:55 PM   #6
maximus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt
Deja vu all over again.

Before this thread gets locked too, will someone tell me if a real newspaper has run this story and what the hell WND does (are they just an aggregator or do they do their own stuff)?

Why would this thread get locked? Was it alreadty posted because if it was I didnt find it.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:55 PM   #7
Raiders Army
Coordinator

You guys eat eggs, right?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 12:56 PM   #8
QuikSand
lolzcat

Once again... may I mention the "ignore" feature?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 12:59 PM   #9
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Violinist See Feces
Old 06-15-2005, 12:59 PM   #10
Subby
lolzcat

Apportionist Greets Cletuses
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 06-15-2005, 01:00 PM   #11
maximus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
Once again... may I mention the "ignore" feature?

Ignore me?

I dont understand what I am doing (or did) wrong.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:03 PM   #12
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Abolitionist Meets Jesus
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 01:04 PM   #13
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Exhibitionist Beats Meatus
Old 06-15-2005, 01:04 PM   #14
Subby
lolzcat

Unfortunates Meet PETA Schlubs

Old 06-15-2005, 01:05 PM   #15
maximus
Banned

Can some one tell me what I did wrong and/or why this thread would get closed...and why the ignore feature was mentioned?
Old 06-15-2005, 01:06 PM   #16
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Look for a thread by BubbaWheel a bit down the list.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 01:06 PM   #17
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Deja vu all over again.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...l/11084125.htm

It's amazing what a simple search can do.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 01:08 PM   #18
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...l/11084125.htm

It's amazing what a simple search can do.

Thank you sir, but some of us fear what search results may appear at our workplaces. And it would be nice if that bizarre news service (which seems very conspiracy theory oriented) would credit their sources better. It is strange that at least two FOFC posters go there for news.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:09 PM   #19
maximus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips
Look for a thread by BubbaWheel a bit down the list.

thanks. I did a search for "Kansas City abortionist" and found nothing so I posted this.

One thing I dont understand is why a thread like this would get closed because this board has discussed "sick" subjects many times.

Can I delete the thread on my own?

Last edited by maximus : 06-15-2005 at 01:10 PM.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:12 PM   #20
hhiipp
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus

PEOPLE WILL LOSE POSTS!!
hhiipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 01:13 PM   #21
rkmsuf
Head Coach

DON'T DO IT!
Old 06-15-2005, 01:13 PM   #22
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
thanks. I did a search for "Kansas City abortionist" and found nothing so I posted this.

One thing I dont understand is why a thread like this would get closed because this board has discussed "sick" subjects many times.

It is all in the presentation. This thread will probably be ok.

The other submitter, based on past posts, and the choice of title, was meant to infer that all pro-choice people eat aborted fetuses.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 01:13 PM   #23
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:

Yes. Just edit your first post, and there will be the option to delete the post. That will delete the thread.

I am not in SkyDog's head, but I imagine that the thread was locked because it had the (almost certain) potential to become a clusterfuck. People cannot talk about eating aborted babies rationally.

Notice that no one was banned or suspended for the previous thread. Just a little pre-emptive modding.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 01:14 PM   #24
maximus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhiipp
PEOPLE WILL LOSE POSTS!!

Yeah but people mentioning "ignore feature" kinda sets me off. Although I did do a search on the subject I admit I failed to actually search the forums page by page.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:16 PM   #25
maximus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight
Yes. Just edit your first post, and there will be the option to delete the post. That will delete the thread.

I am not in SkyDog's head, but I imagine that the thread was locked because it had the (almost certain) potential to become a clusterfuck. People cannot talk about eating aborted babies rationally.

Notice that no one was banned or suspended for the previous thread. Just a little pre-emptive modding.

Well I wil let SD decide then. I will not delete the post unless asked. If the thread does get out of hand then I will (if Im home at the time - Im leaving here in about 5 mins).
Old 06-15-2005, 01:17 PM   #26
TheOhioStateUniversity
High School Varsity

Why would a mod close something down because he thinks the thread will turn bad. There is nothing inherently wrong about this post, unless the source is crap which I dont know. A message board is for discussion so why censor it before discussion even takes place?
Old 06-15-2005, 01:30 PM   #27
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Yeah but people mentioning "ignore feature" kinda sets me off.

Sorry, I probably overreacted. Thought this was just a second attempt to stir things up on a hot political topic, which was clearly the goal of the first poster.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 01:33 PM   #28
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Hey, I don't have anyone on my ignore list. But if I did and that person started a thread, would I see the other posts and not the ignored poster's original post or would I just not see a thread?
Old 06-15-2005, 01:33 PM   #29
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight
People cannot talk about eating aborted babies rationally

Please make this part of your sig, thanks.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:33 PM   #30
Blackadar
Retired

Ya, I doubt SkyDog will close this thread. Sometimes it's the intent of the poster, not the post itself.

All you can say about the "Doctor" is that he's a sick fucker. There are sick fuckers in all walks of life (like the preacher abusing kids in a Louisiana that's in the news now). I would think that forcing women to seek back alley abortions would allow more of these deviants to come out of the woodwork.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 01:37 PM   #31
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOhioStateUniversity
Why would a mod close something down because he thinks the thread will turn bad. There is nothing inherently wrong about this post, unless the source is crap which I dont know. A message board is for discussion so why censor it before discussion even takes place?

"SkyDog is a Dictator Somtimes," and I am very happy for that.

A message board is a private entity. Unlike general society, of which you need to be a citizen, you do not need to be on a message board. For administrative convenience and so that we don't spend 95% of our time debating about the other 5%, we leave modding decisions in the hands of a moderator(s)--not "the people." Those decisions are final and unreviewable. If you have a bad mod, the board quickly goes downhill, people leave, and the board dies. If you have a good mod, the board is plesant, people like being there, and the board thrives. Free market and all that.

A good mod, in my mind, lets people express their views, gives people a fair shake, etc. But (s)he has to lay the hammer down sometimes. And sometimes, (s)he needs to see problems coming before they arrive. We may disagree on the matter--and it is a case by case analysis--but SkyDog is my hero for the day by closing that thread. Considering all of the circumstances, it had a 99.9% chance of going bad. You may disagree. And there is nothing wrong with that. But in the end, all we can hope is that SkyDog takes notice of our points when he makes the next decision. His job is to run a good board, period.

Is it "fair" to close a thread with potential to go bad? Probably not. Is it good policy to do it a lot? I don't think so. Is it the right thing to do in certain limited circumstances. Oh, yeah.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:38 PM   #32
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Fetus Eats Abortionist
Old 06-15-2005, 01:44 PM   #33
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Hypnotist Excretes Mucus
Old 06-15-2005, 01:44 PM   #34
Subby
lolzcat

Please, if SkyDog was a good mod he would delete TheOhioStateUniversity's signature and shorten his fucking screenname.

Old 06-15-2005, 01:45 PM   #35
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Please, if SkyDog was a good mod he would delete TheOhioStateUniversity's signature and shorten his fucking screenname.

One of the better decisions I made was to turn off sig viewing. The only time it hurt me was when I had no idea what the enigma was doing at first.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:46 PM   #36
TheOhioStateUniversity
High School Varsity

Ok calm down subby its not that serious. Whats so bad about my sig? Its just red and kind of large but it doesnt stretch the board.

Last edited by TheOhioStateUniversity : 06-15-2005 at 01:48 PM.
TheOhioStateUniversity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 01:46 PM   #37
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Yeah, totally!
Old 06-15-2005, 01:50 PM   #38
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Signatures OUT!

Been off for years.
Old 06-15-2005, 01:51 PM   #39
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Ok calm down subby its not that serious. Whats so bad about my sig? Its just red and kind of large but it doesnt stretch the board.
I think you're one of those guy that if we had pix in our signatures or pix in avatars, you would have a huge pic of Teddy Ginn, some Buckeyes, etc. Nothing against you personally. Oh, but I think we all appreciate you not putting spaces inbetween your words for your screen name (although that's how everyone pronounces it).
Old 06-15-2005, 01:57 PM   #40
SFL Cat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFriendlyUnitShifter
Fetus Eats Abortionist

Hmmmmmm, the idea for a low-budget horror movie with a subliminal anti-abortion theme springs into being!!!

Last edited by SFL Cat : 06-15-2005 at 01:58 PM.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 01:58 PM   #41
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Word.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 02:00 PM   #42
TheOhioStateUniversity
High School Varsity

So RadioFriendlyUnitShifter is not a problem but my name is?
Old 06-15-2005, 02:02 PM   #43
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
So RadioFriendlyUnitShifter is not a problem but my name is?
I think what puts most people off is the combination of your name and signature. He doesn't have a huge bright-red signature.

Edit--Your college of choice as well.

Last edited by Raiders Army : 06-15-2005 at 02:03 PM.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:04 PM   #44
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
It is strange that at least two FOFC posters go there for news.

That original story was linked on Drudge. It's not strange at all that someone on FOFC would have stumbled across it.

What really disappoints me about this topic is that we've had two threads on it already and not one single "Fat Bastard/Mini-Me" reference. Not one. Damn.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 02:09 PM   #45
Blackadar
Retired

Ok....

"Get in mah belly"!
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 02:09 PM   #46
Bad-example
College Starter

If you were to go back in time and eat teddy ginn's fetus, would that crappy signature ever have existed?

Last edited by Bad-example : 06-15-2005 at 02:10 PM.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 02:10 PM   #47
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Hey, I don't have anyone on my ignore list. But if I did and that person started a thread, would I see the other posts and not the ignored poster's original post or would I just not see a thread?

You see the thread just like normal, but when you click on it the first post just says something like 'This ass is on your ignore list'.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 02:11 PM   #48
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch
You see the thread just like normal, but when you click on it the first post just says something like 'This ass is on your ignore list'.
Many thanks.
Old 06-15-2005, 02:21 PM   #49
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Tastes like chicken?
Old 06-15-2005, 05:32 PM   #50
maximus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
Sorry, I probably overreacted. Thought this was just a second attempt to stir things up on a hot political topic, which was clearly the goal of the first poster.

Thats cool QS. Thanks for responding.