Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-15-2005, 06:59 AM   #1
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

From One Extreme to the Other

So we go from a QB whose head expands when he's named FSU QB to one whose brain shrinks when he's named QB. And this from a coach's son? I guess this is about the only way to top Rix for dumb-ass things to do. Bobby probably wishes he was retired right about now.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005
Sexton repeatedly referred to himself as 'God'

By Ivan MaiselESPN.com

Suspended Florida State quarterback Wyatt Sexton was taken to a Tallahassee hospital on Monday evening by local police after causing a disturbance in the street, then identifying himself to police as "God" and the "son of God."

Sexton was not arrested.

Florida State assistant athletic director Rob Wilson would not comment on the incident, but did reveal that coach Bobby Bowden suspended Sexton on June 3 for an unspecified violation of team rules.

Sexton, the son of running backs coach Billy Sexton, played in 10 games last season, completing 55 percent of his passes (139-of-252) for 1,661 yards with eight touchdowns and eight interceptions. He finished spring practice as the first-team quarterback, ahead of second-year players Xavier Lee and Drew Weatherford.

According to the Tallahassee Police Department report, when a police officer responded to a call regarding unusual behavior on Monday evening, the officer found Sexton lying face down in the middle of the street.

Sexton, friends told the officer, had attended the rock festival in Tennessee that featured the Dave Matthews Band and returned to town Monday.

Witnesses told police that Sexton had been making strange gestures, and at one point jumped onto a car. When asked to identify himself, Sexton "yelled that he was 'God,' " the report said, and acted in a manner irrational enough that the officer pepper-sprayed him.

Only when police put him in a patrol vehicle did Sexton identify himself by name. As police transported him to the hospital, and upon arrival, he reverted to identifying himself as "God" or the "son of God."

Tallahassee police spokesman John T. Newland said Tuesday that common procedure in such cases is that the person in custody is taken to a psychiatric facility. He did not know if that had been the case for Sexton.

At the end of spring practice, Bowden said, with archrival Miami as the opening opponent, that he would take experience over talent at the outset of the season. Since Weatherford is recovering from offseason ankle surgery, Lee appears to be the front-runner to take over the offense.

According to the police report filed Monday, one of Sexton's friends who went to Tennessee with him said that Sexton "has been very stressed out the past week over him being the starting quarterback in football for FSU."
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 06-15-2005 at 07:01 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 07:03 AM   #2
wade moore
lolzcat

I'm so dissapointed in you KS....

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/foru...ad.php?t=39847

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 07:03 AM   #3
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Dang, I was too slow grabbing the link...
Old 06-15-2005, 07:04 AM   #4
CraigSca
Pro Starter

OMG, this is so 3:03pm yesterday.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 07:10 AM   #5
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Sorry, I've been out of town and looked through two pages searching for it. Guess I missed it. So sue me.

Hey, I hear Michael Jackson was acquitted while I was gone...
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 07:14 AM   #6
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
Sorry, I've been out of town and looked through two pages searching for it. Guess I missed it. So sue me.

Hey, I hear Michael Jackson was acquitted while I was gone...

Did you hear the one about Phil Jackson? It's a classic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote