Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-05-2005, 01:17 PM   #1
rexallllsc
Banned

FM: Crazy Goalscorers

Anyone ever seen anything like this? I saw Ruud VN score like 50 in a season for ManU in 01/02 (Computer controlled), but this has been nuts for me. Goals in 10 straight, racking up 20 in that time. 12 Champs League goals in 4 games (to give you an idea, Cisse led the Champs League last year with 12 goals total, and I got to the semis. Next closest was Roque Santa Cruz with 7)

Last edited by rexallllsc : 06-05-2005 at 01:19 PM.
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 01:39 PM   #2
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

That sort of form is pretty rare both in the game and irl - although for some reason it does tend to hit (in both cases) early on in seasons more than later, dunno why ...
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 01:43 PM   #3
MIJB#19
Coordinator

So he can score 5 goals versus Anderlecht, is that so special? They're Belgians...
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 02:15 PM   #4
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

lemme load up my game and see. I had Vagner Love at Rosenborg absolutely TEAR up the Norwegian league...ridiculously
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 02:47 PM   #5
Katon
College Benchwarmer

I've seen that happen once - also Vagner Love, when he was playing for my PSV team. He was averaging over a goal a game and had already broken the league record when he got hurt in midseason. Wound up with 27 or so for the year (don't have the game open) despite not playing a match after early February.
Katon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 03:05 PM   #6
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Vagner is amazing
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 03:35 PM   #7
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Rooney has 35 or so for Manchester United this season in my current dynasty and is averaging almost a goal/game. It is the highest total I've ever had by a single player. Also, my team has a real chance for 100 EPL Goals in a season, something I've never done.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-05-2005 at 03:35 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 04:56 PM   #8
Desnudo
Coordinator

I see it happen a fair amount during the early season. Usually one of my strikers will score something like 15 in 20 and then 5 in the 18 matches after that.\

Cisse ifb (to steal a SI board term) at these kinds of streaks, although my kingpin is the legendary Columbian, Freddy Grisales, best midfielder in FM. He strung together a couple of seasons of 30+ goals/30+ assists.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 05:06 PM   #9
rexallllsc
Banned

Well. The season is ending on a very disappointing note.

Cisse and Kewell took all of the top European honors, and Kirkland was the Euro Keeper of the year for the 4th year in a row.

Won the Premiership for the 3rd time in 4 years, but since winning the Quad in 07, pretty down (save for the EPL). Lost in the League Cup Final to Blackburn. Lost in the FA Cup Semis to Aston Villa, and lost in the Champs League Semis to Milan (they have my # in this game...I was up 2-0 away in the second leg and they scored 3 goals in the second half to beat me).

Cisse finished with something like 45 in 34 games (I'll post screens later).

But ugh.

Gerrard had an absolutely abysmal year. He's 30 now, and his ratings look good, but played at a 7.04 rating (was hovering in the 6.90s all year before having a few good matches at the end), and did crap on the pitch. He lost it overnight, I fear. Now he tore his groin and is out of the 2010 WC.

Kewell has all of a sudden hit the wall as well, but Ben Arfa is waiting in the wings. He was stellar this year. Trying to get a new MR, and this guy Alexander Baumjohann (Germany) looks like a great prospect, but when the transfer is accepted, he's asking for $8 mil./season which is $3 mil. more than anyone else on my teams makes - and he's only worth 12 mil.

Ugh.

After this World Cup I think I'm going to resign from England (too much work doing both), and possibly from Liverpool just so I can change things up a bit. Maybe try and resurrect mid-table Man U
Old 06-17-2005, 05:24 PM   #10
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

The hardest part of FM imho is the evolution of a side, building a side or taking over a team with a core of decent players isn't too hard (ok - so it took me the odd 12 seasons to get Cambridge into the Prem, but that aside ) ...

Its the evolution of a successful side and keeping them consistent as you replace players, especially influential ones which is tricky .... one of the reasons why irl Man Utd have found things hard-going since the loss of Schmeichal (especially imho) and Beckham.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 05:46 PM   #11
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan
The hardest part of FM imho is the evolution of a side, building a side or taking over a team with a core of decent players isn't too hard (ok - so it took me the odd 12 seasons to get Cambridge into the Prem, but that aside ) ...

Its the evolution of a successful side and keeping them consistent as you replace players, especially influential ones which is tricky .... one of the reasons why irl Man Utd have found things hard-going since the loss of Schmeichal (especially imho) and Beckham.

Yeah. I haven't even really started to struggle yet and I'm...no joke...DREADING life w/o Kewell on the left wing, and Gerrard in the middle (and 2 years later, Alonso). So much so that (as you saw) I don't even want to deal with it!

But you're right. Keeping it going will be a challenge in itself!!!

I've got a long night of FM ahead of me.....
Old 06-17-2005, 05:47 PM   #12
rexallllsc
Banned

Hey Marc-

MAybe you can help me with this. Why are so many English youngsters (17, 18 year-olds) coming up w/ Real Madrid, Barca, etc. in my game? Kinda weird.