Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-03-2005, 08:15 PM   #1
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

CPU / Computer questions

Hey everyone I had a coworker ask me today about a sub 1000 dollar PC that she wants. She says that basically she only wants it to store her MP3's since she's getting an Ipod, and pretty much that's it. No gaming, no high-end graphical applications. Really just internet, burning CD's and movies, and storing/manipulating MP3's. She says she wants a nicely large HD that she won't fill up easily, and she doesn't want it to be "slow." I told her I'd look into things and see what kinda deals I could find, but I'm kinda wondering what speed CPU I should be looking at. I figure 512 for RAM ought to be sufficient, but I am wondering if I can save some $$ for her on the processor since it doesn't seem to be that important. Any suggestions from anyone who has a desktop they use for roughly the same things?

DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 08:26 PM   #2
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

dola bump. give me something guys
Old 06-04-2005, 09:12 PM   #3
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'd tell her to look at a mid priced Dell, or perhaps even a laptop. An Apple mini might be a viable option too. Despite only being 1.42 MHZ, they run really well, and the interface is easy.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 11:28 PM   #4
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Wait until Dell has one of their $750 off $1500 sales- and custom one with a second hard drive. Don't go high end since it would just be wasted. Hell, integrated graphics would work even. Even a *shudder* celeron processor if she just wants a jukebox. But make sure to snag that second hard drive.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 11:30 PM   #5
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

nice thinking SI. Yeah I was thinking *shudder* celeron with integrated graphics. Hell I was even thinking custom-build one for her since I know how to do it.