Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-31-2005, 08:03 PM   #1
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Dungeon Lord Action RPG game

anybody try Dungeon Lord Action RPG game.

i saw it in the store today. it seems like a Dungeon Seige/Diablo 2 type of game you can play solo or online for free.

http://www.dungeonlords.com/

jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 09:32 PM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
anybody try Dungeon Lord Action RPG game.

i saw it in the store today. it seems like a Dungeon Seige/Diablo 2 type of game you can play solo or online for free.

http://www.dungeonlords.com/

I've only seen two reviews. One in a magazine that I don't remember, and one on Gamespot. Neither of them were particularly complimentary. Gamespot gave it a 6.6 if I recall correctly. I *might* try it out once it hits the bargain bin if I hear some good reviews.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 09:34 PM   #3
Calis
College Starter

Yeah from everything I've heard it's pretty buggy. A very rushed product that has a lot of features missing, and some sections that don't seem finished at all.

That said, people are STILL enjoying it. So not sure what to think, I'll be waiting on it though.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 11:15 PM   #4
Kozure
High School JV

I played it. It's more like Morrowind than Diablo and Dungeon Seige. It isn't really that good though. I am having a tough time getting into it. If you haven't played Morrowind yet, go play that. It's old, but it's still the best first-person out there, at least until Elder Scrolls IV comes out.

Oh, and Morrowind's graphics (nearly four years old) blow Dungeon Lord's away. The creatures and people look a little dated in Morrowind, but there are mods out there that can improve that.

There just isn't a great slew of RPGs out there right now. But there should be a few on the horizon. Dungeon Seige was good, but I got a little bored with its linear gameplay. Same thing with Diablo and Diablo II, which I think is a bit of a overrated franchise.

EDIT: Forgot to add that Dungeon Seige II looks to improve on the first one's design.

Last edited by Kozure : 05-31-2005 at 11:16 PM.
Kozure is offline   Reply With Quote