Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-27-2005, 03:26 PM   #1
JeeberD
General Manager

He got one past the DMV

Or: License Plate Humor

Just got back from running a few errands, and while I was out I was behind a car with an unusual vanity plate. The plate read: TIHZ HA

My first thought was to be scared Hell Atlantic had moved out to Dallas, but after realizing that the car was being driven by a large black man I tried to decipher what the plate said. After trying to spell it backwards, rearranging the letters, seeing if it was an anagram, I couldn't figure out what the hell it said so I quickly forgot about it.

A couple of miles down the road I looked into my rear view mirror and realized that I had passed the car and he was directly beind me. And what did his plate say in my mirror?

AH SHIT

It just struck me funny because I know that DMV is always try to screen out the vanity plates that can be considered obscene, but he managed to get one in under their nose...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 03:29 PM   #2
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Ha ha! You have to have front license plates!

In Florida, you have to give a reason for the specialty plate you want. And they check them pretty thoroughly. So if you want to try to pull one past them, you've got to come up with a legit reason for the significance of whatever the plate is going to say.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 03:33 PM   #3
JeeberD
General Manager

My favorite "obscene" plate came from the state of Florida, Ksyrup. It wasn't even a vanity plate, believe it or not...

A work van (I think) got randomly issued a plate that read A55 RGY. Nothing wrong with that. But when you take into consideration the big orange smack in the middle of Florida plates, it looked like "ASS ORGY."

Apparently the plate received several complaints before the DMV there re-issued the van new plates.

Old 05-27-2005, 03:35 PM   #4
JeeberD
General Manager

Dola-

Actually, it was issued to a company car, not a work van...

http://www.google.com/url?sa=U&start...te.html&e=9707

Old 05-27-2005, 05:31 PM   #5
AZSpeechCoach
College Prospect

In AZ we have special plates against child abuse. The first month they were out, people were ordering those plates with SPANK and WHACK on them. There were some red faces at our MVD.

Visit Stewart the Wonderbear and his amazing travels
http://wonderbeartravel.blogspot.com
AZSpeechCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 06:55 PM   #6
korme
Go Reds

Just realized how clever that is while driving. All the letters in AH SHIT look the same backwards, except for S, no naturally a Z backwards can look like an S. that's brilliant
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 06:57 PM   #7
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Just realized how clever that is while driving. All the letters in AH SHIT look the same backwards, except for S, no naturally a Z backwards can look like an S. that's brilliant
yep, he is a regular Norman Einstein.
judicial clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 07:30 PM   #8
Pyser
Pro Rookie

in pennsylvania, i was behind a van with the license plate MANGINA. i couldnt believe it existed. i took a picture, ill see if i can find it and post it.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 08:41 PM   #9
Arctus
H.S. Freshman Team

I work at the Pentagon. Every once in a blue moon (its a REALLY big parking lot) I come across an individual's car with VA tags reading CLSTRFK. I'm amazed that DMV didn't catch it.
Arctus is offline   Reply With Quote