Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-20-2005, 05:14 AM   #1
Sharpieman
Greatly Missed. (7/11/84-06/12/05)

I’m such a pussy….a conversation with my girlfriend

Talking to my girlfriend on the phone earlier today.

GF: Where were you last night? I called you like ten times!!! (In an angry voice)

Me: Out with my friends.
What I would like to say: Why does it matter?

GF: Well what were you doing with them that was so important that you couldn’t pick up your cell phone?

Me: Getting drunk.
What I would like to say: Fucking another girl (just kidding of course)

GF: Oh, getting drunk!? Why do you need to drink in the first place?

Me: I dunno
What I would like to say: Because you’re my girlfriend.

GF: Sometimes you can be such as dick. I had a really hard day and I needed to blah blah blah etc etc….

Me: I’m sorry, you’re right. I won’t do it again.
What I would like to say: Sorry, gotta go get drunk again.

GF: I don’t want to talk to you anymore (hangs up)

Me: ….. (hangs up)
What I would like to say: Thank God. Can't wait for the make up sex though!

Sharpieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 05:36 AM   #2
Blackadar
Retired

yes, you are a pussy
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 06:19 AM   #3
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar
yes, you are a pussy

Finally, something I can agree with blackie on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 06:23 AM   #4
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

If your a pussy then a couple of dicks are waiting.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:41 AM   #5
Blackadar
Retired

DPDA ALL THE WAY, BABY!
Old 05-20-2005, 06:44 AM   #6
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Why do women always have to cry about having bad days?

I mean as a guy, if I have a bad day I never felt the need to bitch about it to my woman.

She couldn't have called a friend, her mom, sister, etc???
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 06:55 AM   #7
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog

I mean as a guy, if I have a bad day I never felt the need to bitch about it to my woman.

Bro I have seen you make some posts on this board. If you cry to her then guess what you will be lonely and having a bad day. With that said anymore text message stories?

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/for...ad.php?t=30575

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/for...ad.php?t=28883
Old 05-20-2005, 06:56 AM   #8
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop
Bro I have seen you make some posts on this board. If you cry to her then guess what you will be lonely and having a bad day. With that said anymore text message stories?

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/for...ad.php?t=30575

http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/~fof/for...ad.php?t=28883

Those are posted with generally with good humor intended.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:59 AM   #9
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Those are posted with generally with good humor intended.

So are mine I was just poking a lil fun at ya. No harm intended....
Old 05-20-2005, 07:08 AM   #10
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
So are mine I was just poking a lil fun at ya. No harm intended....

I just reread the turning point thread, funny stuff.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:08 AM   #11
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:

Don't ask why, just accept that it will always happen.

And guess what? She thought she was calling a friend, not just her fuck-buddy.

You guys have a long way to go before you come as close (1 million light years) to understanding women as some of us do. You should at least pick up the basics so that you can fake it well.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 07:13 AM   #12
Blackadar
Retired

MAYDAY MAYDAY!!!

EJECT! EJECT!
Old 05-20-2005, 07:14 AM   #13
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
You guys have a long way to go before you come as close (1 million light years) to understanding women as some of us do. You should at least pick up the basics so that you can fake it well.

If it was that important she should have left a message, when I am out with the guys and a girl calls I don't answer. If she leaves a message then check it, if its then determined important then call back.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:16 AM   #14
Blackadar
Retired

Old 05-20-2005, 07:17 AM   #15
Blackadar
Retired

Old 05-20-2005, 07:19 AM   #16
Blackadar
Retired

Old 05-20-2005, 07:29 AM   #17
Balldog
Pro Rookie

lol
Old 05-20-2005, 07:36 AM   #18
Ksyrup

Quote:
If it was that important she should have left a message, when I am out with the guys and a girl calls I don't answer. If she leaves a message then check it, if its then determined important then call back.

There's the problem - you wouldn't have considered what she was calling about to be important, but she obviously did, which is why she called 10 times! What was she going to say, "I had a bad day and really need to talk?" You would have called back? Or, would you have played the message for your friends and laughed?

It definitely depends on how serious the relationship is, but even going back to my pre-marriage days with my wife, had she called several times, I would have called back once just to tell her I'd call the next day. Then again, I don't consciously ignore phone calls, regardless of whether they're from a friend, my wife, or a family member, when I can otherwise take the call. Just seems kinda rude.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 05-20-2005, 07:37 AM   #19
Ksyrup

Maybe we need to start at thread called, "How long to ignore?"
Old 05-20-2005, 07:38 AM   #20
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:

Did you say something?
Old 05-20-2005, 07:39 AM   #21
oykib
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore
Finally, something I can agree with blackie on!

Thirded!

Just tell her, "Look... You can do the clingy girlfriend thing if you want to. But, then, I'll have to do the jealous boyfriend thing. So we'll have a perfectly pathetic co-dependent thing going."

If she doesn't get it after that, then start looking for a new GF on the sly.
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 07:43 AM   #22
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar
Did you say something?

Not to you.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:43 AM   #23
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:

Huh?

Old 05-20-2005, 07:44 AM   #24
oykib
College Starter

Quote:
There's the problem - you wouldn't have considered what she was calling about to be important, but she obviously did, which is why she called 10 times! What was she going to say, "I had a bad day and really need to talk?" You would have called back? Or, would you have played the message for your friends and laughed?

Or, maybe, everything that's imporant to your girlfriend doesn't have to be important to you and vice versa. A boyfriend is not a security blanket.

As it turns out, Sharpieman's GF wasn't calling about anything urgent. So why should he have put his life on hold?
Old 05-20-2005, 07:47 AM   #25
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by oykib
As it turns out, Sharpieman's GF wasn't calling about anything urgent. So why should he have put his life on hold?

So he could get laid later? Is there any other reason!?!

Old 05-20-2005, 07:52 AM   #26
Ksyrup

Quote:
Or, maybe, everything that's imporant to your girlfriend doesn't have to be important to you and vice versa. A boyfriend is not a security blanket.

That's why it's called a relationship. If she's your girlfriend, she considers herself a part of your life, regardless of whether you think you're entitled to cut her out of it every so often.

Look, I'm just offering an answer (really in response to balldog more than to sharpie) for "why" women are the way they are. The answer is because they think differently than men. I thought that was fairly obvious, but maybe not. So you either accept it, or deal with it, but don't bitch about it.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:53 AM   #27
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Ksyrup looks like you have been trained well. I understand women.... yeah I understand that they are highly irrational and attention whores who think the world revolves around them. Yeah I understand that when its their birthday your suppose to go all out and get her nice things well priced of course. In fact I understand women so well they think a blowjob is a great present for your birthday, Christmas and of your anniversary. Yep I think I got it all figured out when you hang up with a woman ten minutes later she calls and says I missed you. Right... I understand women.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:56 AM   #28
Ksyrup

Quote:
As it turns out, Sharpieman's GF wasn't calling about anything urgent.

And again, another misreading of her call. I know that kind of thing isn't important to you, but it was important to her. That's why you deal with the pros and cons of being in a relationship - does the upside (however lewdly you want to define it ) outweigh the downside? Here, it sounds like some people don't even understand what the downside is and why it happens.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:01 AM   #29
Ksyrup

Quote:
Ksyrup looks like you have been trained well. I understand women.... yeah I understand that they are highly irrational and attention whores who think the world revolves around them. Yeah I understand that when its their birthday your suppose to go all out and get her nice things well priced of course. In fact I understand women so well they think a blowjob is a great present for your birthday, Christmas and of your anniversary. Yep I think I got it all figured out when you hang up with a woman ten minutes later she calls and says I missed you. Right... I understand women.
I can't wait until you outgrow girls and fall for a real women who completely blows your stereotypes out of the water. That would make for a helluvan entertaining TV show.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 05-20-2005 at 08:01 AM.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:05 AM   #30
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
I can't wait until you outgrow girls and fall for a real women who completely blows your stereotypes out of the water. That would make for a helluvan entertaining TV show.

I sure hope she blows
Old 05-20-2005, 08:11 AM   #31
Ksyrup

Quote:
I sure hope she blows

When you're ready for a real relationship, you'll learn that that's the frosting, not the cake. Although it goes without saying that cake without frosting just isn't as tempting...
Old 05-20-2005, 08:15 AM   #32
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
I sure hope she blows

Old 05-20-2005, 08:22 AM   #33
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
And again, another misreading of her call. I know that kind of thing isn't important to you, but it was important to her. That's why you deal with the pros and cons of being in a relationship - does the upside (however lewdly you want to define it ) outweigh the downside? Here, it sounds like some people don't even understand what the downside is and why it happens.

You don't think that she might have called just to establish her dominance, for lack of a better word. Women are not plain and simple, black and white, they are all different. I know plenty of guys that have serious girls that pull this shit on them when its guy's night out or whatever. I also know plenty of guys that serious girls that know not to call on guy's night out unless there was an accident or death in the family, a real emergency.

I know what you are saying but not all women are pleasant little angels.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:36 AM   #34
Ksyrup

Not saying they are, but if that's what you've gotten yourself into, then drop her. Don't bitch when she pulls that kind of stunt. Or, if she's being honest, don't bitch when she expects you to be there for her and you're not. Either way, you can be the one in control, instead of having to deal with damage control.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:53 AM   #35
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpieman
Me: I’m sorry, you’re right. I won’t do it again.
What I would like to say: Sorry, gotta go get drunk again.

This is where I always get into trouble. While my GF wants me to say what Sharpie said (plus perhaps "I'll work on it."), I usually try to tell her exactly why I did what I did or said what I said. Then she just gets more angry because "I'm not listening to her."

Women

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 08:57 AM   #36
mhass
High School Varsity

Not knowing the people involved obviously, my opinion ain't worth much, but I'm going to bet you that call #1 and possibly call #2 were about her bad day. Calls 3 through 10 were about locating Sharpie and general misery-making for him not answering. This, anyway, is a common tactic among many ex's of mine.

mhass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 08:58 AM   #37
st.cronin
General Manager

This thread is why I don't own a cell phone.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 08:58 AM   #38
oykib
College Starter

Quote:

What I'm getting at is that you define your relationship. I don't go in for all that co-dependant bullshit. I'm not my GF's security blanket.

I talk to my girl because I like talking to her. But If I'm drinking with my boys I don't answer the phone or pick it up and tell her I'm busy.

If you don't let your girl think that ridiculous behavior is okay, then she won't do it.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:01 AM   #39
Sharpieman
Greatly Missed. (7/11/84-06/12/05)

Quote:
Don't ask why, just accept that it will always happen.

And guess what? She thought she was calling a friend, not just her fuck-buddy.

I fake it very well. And btw, it may seem like I'm a total ass for thinking the things I was thinking, but in the end I treat her like a queen and she treats me like a king. Its all good
Old 05-20-2005, 09:02 AM   #40
Anthony
Banned

well, my take is this:

your GF should respect your boundaries, and respect your time with your boys. my wife calls me when i'm with my friends, but it's only just to say she's going to bed or that she's with such and such person/family and what she plans on doing. that's all. when you're in a relationship with someone the good thing is if you don't get to have conversation time with them on one day, you can have conversation time with them on another.

that being said, if someone is calling me 10 times i'm gonna think something is up that would necessitate that person calling me 10 times. my friends and wife know to text message me, cuz i'm not really a check my voice mail kind of guy (i despise voice mail and my greeting message even requests people text message me if they have something important to say). if after you get in touch with her and you find out she wants to chit chat, that's when i'd say "i'm not really able to conversate right now, sorry you had a bad day, we can talk about it when i get home/tomorrow".

but you're her BF, if her needs aren't important to you then you should reexamine why you're in a relationship with her.

Last edited by Anthony : 05-20-2005 at 09:02 AM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 09:04 AM   #41
Ksyrup

Quote:
If you don't let your girl think that ridiculous behavior is okay, then she won't do it.

There are very few women who would consider this to be "ridiculous behavior." You (the general you) are defining the behavior from a man's PoV. If you've got a GF who is as independent as you or who can accept that, great. I hardly think that's a majority of women in relationships, though.

Anyway, when asking "why" a woman would react the way this one did, the answer seems obvious to me. That's was my main motivation for posting in this thread - not to suggest everyone needs to kow tow to their girlfriend's needs, but to say, "well, duh, she's a chick - you were expecting her to react differently?"
Old 05-20-2005, 09:08 AM   #42
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
but you're her BF, if her needs aren't important to you then you should reexamine why you're in a relationship with her.

Did someone hijack HA's account?

Agree 100%. Depends on the nature and seriousness of the relationship, of course, but to me, it's just a respect/caring thing. And it sounds like Sharpie didn't tell her where he was, so it wasn't like she was just trying to ruin a night out with the guys. It also sounds like he didn't tell her because he knew she wouldn' be pleased with the answer, "I'm going out drinking with the guys." That's a whole other issue to deal with between BF and GF, but just answering the phone once, telling her you're "with friends" and that you'll call tomorrow, doesn't seem like a huge deal.

And again, not understanding how she would react afterwards seems a bit nuts to me...
Old 05-20-2005, 09:09 AM   #43
Blackadar
Retired

GF: "Hello, is Sharpieman there? Where is he?!"

Sharpieman:

Old 05-20-2005, 09:13 AM   #44
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
In fact I understand women so well they think a blowjob is a great present for your birthday, Christmas and of your anniversary.

I WISH she thought that.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:19 AM   #45
hhiipp
College Prospect

Special K got all sensitive in this thread. Kinda making me nauseous.
hhiipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 09:21 AM   #46
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
I confess, I never really did understand guys bitching about the personality quirks of their girlfriends. If she's that annoying, dump her. It's not like you've made a lifetime commitment to this girl.

hear hear
Old 05-20-2005, 09:21 AM   #47
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Once again this all gets back to the evil cell phone. I'm telling you they are the bane of society.

Even when you are out, you are not out.

Last edited by rkmsuf : 05-20-2005 at 09:22 AM.
rkmsuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 09:21 AM   #48
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

I confess, I never really did understand guys bitching about the personality quirks of their girlfriends. If she's that annoying, dump her. It's not like you've made a lifetime commitment to this girl.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:22 AM   #49
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic
Ding. Ding. Ding. Game Over. We have a winnnnnnahhh.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:22 AM   #50
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
Once again this all gets back to the evil cell phone. I'm telling you they are the bane of society.

Even when you are out, you are not out.

hear hear