Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-16-2005, 02:51 PM   #1
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I hate to run (but a year later, it's much better).

Working out right now. Thankfully I am past the running. I hate to run.

I have always worked out, sometimes not real regular though. Easy to make excuses when you are only home 2 days a week. But I love to lift weights. Running I hate though. We got a treadmill, and I have not done any aerobic stuff since high school. And you don't get much of it sitting behind a wheel 10-12 hours a day.

So, on vacation and running every day. I hate running.

Last edited by Cringer : 05-15-2006 at 09:27 AM.
Cringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 02:56 PM   #2
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

You do a good job running the ImperialFL.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 02:57 PM   #3
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel
You do a good job running the ImperialFL.

Thats more fun. And I get results much faster.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:58 PM   #4
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Maybe you should try running without the keyboard.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 03:01 PM   #5
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
Maybe you should try running without the keyboard.

Actually it is a whole laptop.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:50 PM   #6
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Now my nipples hurt.

Shirt gets all sweaty, rubs against your nipples the rest of the time.

No pain, no gain.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:52 PM   #7
Desnudo
Coordinator

Vaseline or band aids on the nips prevents that. Also, try running outside. The treadmill is the boringest machine invented by man.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 04:56 PM   #8
Zippo
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Vaseline or band aids on the nips prevents that. Also, try running outside. The treadmill is the boringest machine invented by man.
I agree, running outside is a lot less boring and interestingly I noticed that I am able to run a longer distance in a shorter period of time on the streets than running on a treadmill.
Zippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 04:56 PM   #9
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer
Now my nipples hurt.

Shirt gets all sweaty, rubs against your nipples the rest of the time.

No pain, no gain.

Here's a story you'll wish I never typed...

Buddy of mine, an attorney with the state where I used to work, decided to run a marathon. He did some marathon in Alabama in January, I think it was. He bought a skin-tight running outfit to wear under some layered clothing on top, because it was freezing (and I think snowing at the time). About halfway through he sees some blood dripping, but doesn't think too much of it. At the end, he decides to check it out, and for the first time realizes that the outfit he was wearing had completely rubbed his thighs and crotch area raw, to the point that he was covered in blood. It was so cold, though, that he had no clue because he couldn't feel it.

After 5 minutes of wincing when he told the story, we laughed about it for months.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 07:11 PM   #10
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Buddy of mine, an attorney with the state where I used to work, decided to run a marathon. He did some marathon in Alabama in January, I think it was. He bought a skin-tight running outfit to wear under some layered clothing on top, because it was freezing (and I think snowing at the time). About halfway through he sees some blood dripping, but doesn't think too much of it. At the end, he decides to check it out, and for the first time realizes that the outfit he was wearing had completely rubbed his thighs and crotch area raw, to the point that he was covered in blood. It was so cold, though, that he had no clue because he couldn't feel it.

After 5 minutes of wincing when he told the story, we laughed about it for months.

That is just lovely sounding.

As far as running outside. Find my city on a map guys, running outside would kill me. Also, I do not mind the treadmill. I like the incline on it, something I would have to drive an hour to get around here on a street.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:51 AM   #11
Icy
Pro Starter

I'm trying to lose weight now and have your same problem, i love to go to workout at the gym but i hate aerobic stuff. I have found a solution lately, i have a static bicycle that i put in front of my pc, then i launch a movie on the computer and watch it while cycling. Yesterday i did it for an hour, my max ever, it was during a whole brother in arms chapter (i never get tired of watching that serial). My main problem is not what i got tired but that i got bored soon and this solved my problem.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 11:53 AM   #12
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I miss running.
Though I can still swim and bike, and damn do I love those. Much more than lifting. I prefer yoga to lifting.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 12:34 PM   #13
Calis
College Starter

Heh, I'm the exact opposite.

I quite enjoying running, but can't force myself to go to the gym and lift weights. Hate it.

Running on a treadmill is horribly boring though.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 07:15 PM   #14
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy
I'm trying to lose weight now and have your same problem, i love to go to workout at the gym but i hate aerobic stuff. I have found a solution lately, i have a static bicycle that i put in front of my pc, then i launch a movie on the computer and watch it while cycling. Yesterday i did it for an hour, my max ever, it was during a whole brother in arms chapter (i never get tired of watching that serial). My main problem is not what i got tired but that i got bored soon and this solved my problem.

I just finished running a mile and a half.....and this sounds like a great idea. I hate running too.

When I go run around the track I need a T-Shirt that says, "I'd rather be smoking."

Last edited by Dutch : 05-17-2005 at 07:16 PM.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 12:37 AM   #15
vex
Grizzled Veteran

I hate running, love going to them gym, but I have to work out with someone or I lose motivation fast.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 04:08 AM   #16
Zippo
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch
I just finished running a mile and a half.....and this sounds like a great idea. I hate running too.

When I go run around the track I need a T-Shirt that says, "I'd rather be smoking."
lol
Old 05-18-2005, 04:33 AM   #17
SackAttack
Head Coach

I love to run. Problem is, I'm a teeny bit overweight. So I need to lose some weight so that running will be easier on my knees, but to lose weight, I may need to run.

Oh, the dilemma.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 04:46 AM   #18
Desnudo
Coordinator

Try eating less.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:13 AM   #19
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Try eating less.

That is over rated.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:46 AM   #20
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

I'll start running as soon as a pass a jogger that's smiling.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 11:10 AM   #21
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
That is over rated.

Well once you're skinny and running again, you can eat all you want.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:26 PM   #22
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Just for the record, I still hate this shit.
Old 06-12-2005, 02:27 PM   #23
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:

Run Forrest, Run!!!!!!!!!!!
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 03:24 PM   #24
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calis
Heh, I'm the exact opposite.

I quite enjoying running, but can't force myself to go to the gym and lift weights. Hate it.

Word. But that's because I am so damn weak that I just get embarrassed trying to lift with my friends, doing the minimum weights.

To run on a tready, you need a tv in front of you. We got a treadmill in my brother's old room now and I just watched Family Guy back to back for an hour with a good jog. Only problem is I had the volume loud as shit because the treadmill isn't exactly quiet.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 03:31 PM   #25
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
for an hour with a good jog

screw off....

Old 06-12-2005, 03:44 PM   #26
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

I like lifting at home, one of the reasons being that I didn't want to be around "big" people with me being all weak. I've got a 'power rack' and it's super easy to do things by myself now. I really enjoy the freedom that it gives.

As to trainer time (bike in front of tv), it is the longest interval of time ever recorded. Nazi's and sadistic Argentinian's used it as a means of torture.
damnMikeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 03:53 PM   #27
Tara
Mascot

Quote:

I'm with you man!!!! I've never liked to run!!!! I prefer much more try with any other aerobical exercise togheter with weight lifting.
BTW sometimes i run with my boyfriend but it is a sort of tourture.
Tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 04:09 PM   #28
digamma
Torchbearer

Back on a marathon training schedule. 80 minutes strong this morning. Nice.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 04:22 PM   #29
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Yeah I'm running again too.

During hockey I'd run 5 miles a day, now 3 is stretching it but whatever, I'm getting there.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 04:33 PM   #30
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

ok, I am chocking this up to the fact I am a trucker who hasn't run for ten years. I did 2 miles today and am happy as hell about it.

5 miles a day? As in every day? That is part of my problem I am sure. I am lucky to get a good work out 3 days a week, Saturday through Monday. This week is only Sunday and Monday.....
Old 06-12-2005, 04:58 PM   #31
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
ok, I am chocking this up to the fact I am a trucker who hasn't run for ten years. I did 2 miles today and am happy as hell about it.

5 miles a day? As in every day? That is part of my problem I am sure. I am lucky to get a good work out 3 days a week, Saturday through Monday. This week is only Sunday and Monday.....

Ha well, I liked to run to loosen up so I'd run 3-4 miles in the morning and another mile or two after school.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 10:10 PM   #32
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Alright, I am still running as part of my workout every day I am home. And I hit one of my goals today. I ran my first 2 miles straight (as opposed to the post a couple above where it was running for a mile, then walking some, running some, so on.).

Anyways, 2 miles in 19:07. I know thats not great for some but I am pretty happy about it. Then did my normal incline walk for a bit, run for a bit, until I got up to just over 3 miles for the day on the treadmill. I am actually starting to hate it less....
Old 09-03-2005, 10:19 PM   #33
Dutch
"Dutch"

Awesome. I can't do that yet. I can run about a mile then I gotta take a quick break and then keep going. I may never be in really good shape again.

Just gotta keep on truckin'.....

I know that last part was lame, sue me.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 10:21 PM   #34
JW
College Prospect

Run. It is good for you. I get cranky if I don't run. Something about endorphins I think. I've been running since I started running cross country and track in high school, and then thru an Army career, and I've kept running. Ran two miles this afternoon. I run two or three times a week and use one of those Total Gym contraptions for tone.
JW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 10:25 PM   #35
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
More dog poop on the shoes too.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:27 PM   #36
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch
Awesome. I can't do that yet. I can run about a mile then I gotta take a quick break and then keep going. I may never be in really good shape again.

Just gotta keep on truckin'.....

I know that last part was lame, sue me.

I never get tired of Keep on truckin', so it's ok.

JW: Yeah, I am starting to get to the point that when I am on the road, after a couple days I am looking forward to working out when I get home.

Now, I just wonder if I have the energy in my legs to repeat this again tomorrow. Not sure about that but I shall see.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:29 PM   #37
JW
College Prospect

[quote=Cringer]
JW: Yeah, I am starting to get to the point that when I am on the road, after a couple days I am looking forward to working out when I get home.
QUOTE]

One thing I learn as I get older, though, is never to run two days in a row. It just doesn't work out well. My muscles need that recovery time now.
JW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 10:33 PM   #38
Izulde
Head Coach

I used to like to run but not anymore so much.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 10:45 PM   #39
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW
One thing I learn as I get older, though, is never to run two days in a row. It just doesn't work out well. My muscles need that recovery time now.

Well, since I have started that is how I have been doing it because I am only home Sat. through Mon. each week. So I usually end up running 3 days in a row unless I get in too late Sat. and have to skip that day.

Most of the time Monday is a little harder for me because it is my third day, so I understand what you mean. Though Sunday is usually my hardest workout day, so Saturday doesn't seem to effect me so much.

This week I got home Friday because of the holiday weekend. I ran yesterday but did not work out any more then that. I am sure by Monday I will struggle to run my first 1.5 miles.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:08 AM   #40
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
Back on a marathon training schedule. 80 minutes strong this morning. Nice.

29 days till the marathon. One more long run left next weekend. Word.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 03:09 AM   #41
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
29 days till the marathon. One more long run left next weekend. Word.

insane.
Old 09-04-2005, 03:30 AM   #42
Loren
High School JV

2 hours I ran for a whole 2 minutes friday oh yeahh baby bite meee i then proceeded to have my boob almost suffocate me during yoga
Old 09-04-2005, 03:42 AM   #43
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren
i then proceeded to have my boob almost suffocate me during yoga

I love when that happens.

Old 09-04-2005, 10:43 PM   #44
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW

You jinxed me. I had a serious drop off today from yesterday as my legs felt like lead. Had to stop and incline walk after only 1.25 miles. Had to force my self to do some more running after that, and didn't really feel like going to 35 minutes. I did though....

Tomorrow would be day 4 in a row, I will try it but not sure what I can do. I have only had the chance to run 4 days in a row once before.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:49 PM   #45
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:

I had a friend who did something similar. It was a triatholon, and the clothes pins holding on his # to his shirt cut just nipples up something fierce. There's a funny picture of him crossing the finish line with blood-soaked nipple region on a white t-shirt.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 01:40 AM   #46
Zippo
High School JV

Quote:
You jinxed me. I had a serious drop off today from yesterday as my legs felt like lead. Had to stop and incline walk after only 1.25 miles. Had to force my self to do some more running after that, and didn't really feel like going to 35 minutes. I did though....

Tomorrow would be day 4 in a row, I will try it but not sure what I can do. I have only had the chance to run 4 days in a row once before.
I think you just need to get use to it. I've been running daily for over a year now and I haven't missed too many days in that span. In fact, I think I've only missed one day this summer due to a sprained ankle. And yes, it really gets tiring every once a while but if you keep at it, it just becomes routine to pull it through each time. This is one of the reason I love running, it's always going to be tough since one would always be competing against himself, but it feels so much more fulfilling when you reach your goal each time.

Good luck!
Old 09-05-2005, 01:52 AM   #47
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Only time I'm running is if someone's chasing me with a reason. And/or a weapon.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 02:13 AM   #48
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
I love when that happens.

I just love the word "boob".
Old 09-05-2005, 07:43 AM   #49
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I can only run for like a mile. My mind just does not willing go gentle into that good night.
I hate running on roads, and there is no real park to speak of in the area.

I have never gotten a runner's high either.

I don't know if this a product of poor technique, poor breathing, or just not being disciplined enough to punch to the next plateau.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 08:27 PM   #50
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

I need to get back to running. I've been hampered the past month with tendinitis on my ankle. I'll start running either tomorrow or Thursday, I need to prepare for the next PT test and to make my assault on those size 34 khaki cargo pants.