Old 05-14-2005, 12:00 PM   #1
Sidhe
H.S. Freshman Team

FOF2K4

Sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 12:00 PM   #2
jbmagic
Pro Starter

What sports sim game you currently playing?

What sports sim game you currently playing lately?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 12:02 PM   #3
Dutch
"Dutch"

FOF2k4

I have been meaning to get back into a good baseball sim. OOTP is to in depth for my time available (even though I think that is the best baseball game on the market) and Baseball Mogul has burned me as of late. I will probably go with Mogul 2006 after a 2 year hiatus from the game.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 12:03 PM   #4
ice4277
Pro Rookie

FM
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 12:05 PM   #5
TLK
Pro Starter

FOF2k4
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 12:07 PM   #6
jbmagic
Pro Starter

lately for me has been Total Pro Football with the new patch as made the game great.

also been playing Total pro basketball 2005.

then after those games i will go back to FOF and ootp.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:10 PM   #7
JeeberD
General Manager

FOF2K4, OOTP6, and FBCB. All in MP leagues, though...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 12:16 PM   #8
Cuckoo
College Starter

FOF2k4 and OOTP6 in MP leagues, nothing solo right now. I know there was a thread on it not too long ago, but it seems like it's kind of a gaming rut right now. I'd love for there to be a game that really interests me coming out soon, but I don't see one.
Old 05-14-2005, 12:23 PM   #9
Darkiller
FOF2 Guy

FOF2K4, FOF2, TCY and a bit of Football Mogul.
- Chairman of the IHOF Hall of Fame
- Athletic Director of the Brigham Young Cougars in TCY
FOF Legend: Hall of Fame QB Brock Sheriff #5, one of the most popular player in Front Office Football history.
Darkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 12:44 PM   #10
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

FM PSP
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 12:47 PM   #11
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan
FM PSP
Tease!

As for me, I'm playing FM (although my dynasty is slowing down for a few weeks as I start preparing for my oral boards.)

Also, I'm playing FOF2k4 but only MP.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-14-2005 at 12:47 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 12:49 PM   #12
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

FOF2K4 and the last Championship Manager - what is it 03-04 I think? I haven't updated to the latest FM. I can't seem to keep up.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 12:55 PM   #13
Flasch186
Coordinator

FM

Marc:

How many seasons will you be able to go through in FM PSP? I always hated that the Madden series had a cap.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 01:12 PM   #14
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
FM

Marc:

How many seasons will you be able to go through in FM PSP? I always hated that the Madden series had a cap.

I believe it's 30.

I'm playing Puresim, TPB 2005, a little MVP and MLB 2k5 on the console.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 01:16 PM   #15
gstelmack
Pro Starter

FOF2k4 and FBCB, both in multiplayer leagues. Considering picking up a baseball sim to get into a league.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:22 PM   #16
JeeberD
General Manager

We're looking for dedicated owners in the DKBL, gstelmack...

Old 05-14-2005, 01:59 PM   #17
korme
Go Reds

interesting to think that jim is really the only developer not to (or be expected to) pump out a game yearly
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 02:12 PM   #18
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

FOF MP.

I'd like to pick up TCY again but just cannot find the time...
Old 05-14-2005, 02:23 PM   #19
Bee
Pro Starter

FM and the EHM demo. I am waiting for the next patch for Baseball Mogul to start a serious career and I tried to start a new career with TPF but just hit too many of the old bugs and issues that I'd seen before that I gave up on it.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 02:31 PM   #20
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
FM and the EHM demo. I am waiting for the next patch for Baseball Mogul to start a serious career and I tried to start a new career with TPF but just hit too many of the old bugs and issues that I'd seen before that I gave up on it.

TPF is pretty solid now with patch 1.43. i agree early on when it came out , it was unplayable. but they seem to improve a lot with there patches.

what issues and bugs you seeing on it still?
Old 05-14-2005, 02:48 PM   #21
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
TPF is pretty solid now with patch 1.43. i agree early on when it came out , it was unplayable. but they seem to improve a lot with there patches.

what issues and bugs you seeing on it still?

I'm not going to go through and rehash all the same stuff, that horse has been beat to death. You can do a thread search if you want and see the problems that have been documented in the past.
Old 05-14-2005, 02:58 PM   #22
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
I'm not going to go through and rehash all the same stuff, that horse has been beat to death. You can do a thread search if you want and see the problems that have been documented in the past.

i have read the .400 software forum and this forum with old issue and bugs and i telling you they clean up a lot of the bugs. its pretty solid now.

try 1.43 and you will see.

I like FOF better, but TPF is pretty good now. and not bad for a secondary football game to play.

Last edited by jbmagic : 05-14-2005 at 03:03 PM.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:03 PM   #23
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
i have read the .400 software forum and this forum with old issue and bugs and i telling you they clean up a lot of the bugs. its pretty solid now.

try 1.43 and you will see.

I tried it and while they fixed some bugs, there's still some major issues IMO and the game may be playable now but to me it's not very enjoyable (other than the draft which was top notch).

I'm glad you love it so much, but I just don't find it a very good game.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:22 PM   #24
Karim
College Starter

I've started a new career with the Bears (FOF2k4) while waiting for EHM 2005.

For some reason, I can't seem to get into the demo!
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 03:25 PM   #25
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
I tried it and while they fixed some bugs, there's still some major issues IMO and the game may be playable now but to me it's not very enjoyable (other than the draft which was top notch).

I'm glad you love it so much, but I just don't find it a very good game.

Everyone has an opinion, but I think TPB is one of the best sports sims going right now. If it was baseball or football with the same package, I'd be in sports sim heaven. I haven't paid attention to the NBA since Bird and Magic went at it, but TPB has me interested once again.

The game is well laid out and quite frankly the best looking interface ever in a sports sim. (my opinion)

I wish Jim would contact Gary's graphic designer for FOF 2005.

Todd
Old 05-14-2005, 03:30 PM   #26
Scholes
High School Varsity

FM
Scholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 03:33 PM   #27
Radii
Head Coach

FBCB and OOTP online leagues, that's about it. I had an itch to play some OOTP single player a couple of nights ago, but by the time I got the league set up, I didn't feel like it any more, I think unless a TCY2 comes out I may be done w/ the single player aspect of these sims.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 03:35 PM   #28
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
FM

Marc:

We're still in development at the moment so this isn't 'set in stone' - but I'm aiming ofr a 30 season limit, that should be long enough for most people.

(I might put a 'cheat' in like I did on our early Xbox games to 'extend' beyond that limit, HOWEVER that will be the limit we'll test the game up to ....)
Old 05-14-2005, 03:36 PM   #29
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
We're looking for dedicated owners in the DKBL, gstelmack...

I might consider it, as long as there aren't too many ground rules I have to think about while playing. If I can just play the game, I might be interested.

Not trying to diss some of the online sports sim leagues out there as everyone has a right to play the way they want to, but I've considered and rejected joining some leagues just because it would be too much work to keep track of what I'm allowed and not allowed to do outside of the normal rules that the sim enforces.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:41 PM   #30
Schmidty
Coordinator

I've decided to give FM a shot (the demo), but since I know next to nothing about soccer and was totally lost and irritated when I tried CM 01-02, I'm a bit leary. Hopefully, it'll click with me this time. I'm probably going to need a lot of help, so if anyone knows of a good site for newbies please let me know.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:43 PM   #31
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
I've decided to give FM a shot (the demo), but since I know next to nothing about soccer and was totally lost and irritated when I tried CM 01-02, I'm a bit leary. Hopefully, it'll click with me this time. I'm probably going to need a lot of help, so if anyone knows of a good site for newbies please let me know.
Feel free to ask me any questions you might have, if you want to use email my addy is [email protected].

Hope this helps,

Marc
Old 05-14-2005, 04:07 PM   #32
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty

Also, lots of us FM fans on here are glad to answer if you ask questions on here. A few people on this board were instrumental in getting me past dozens of questions and into CM when I first picked it up.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:09 PM   #33
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack
I might consider it, as long as there aren't too many ground rules I have to think about while playing. If I can just play the game, I might be interested.

Not trying to diss some of the online sports sim leagues out there as everyone has a right to play the way they want to, but I've considered and rejected joining some leagues just because it would be too much work to keep track of what I'm allowed and not allowed to do outside of the normal rules that the sim enforces.

It's a pretty laid back league without too many extra rules. If your interested either stop by the site (link is in my sig) or contact MrBug, the commish...

Old 05-14-2005, 04:18 PM   #34
FBPro
College Starter

FM, FOF 2004 and a bit of OOTP6.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 04:25 PM   #35
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

so the next OOTP is being built on the FM2005 engine right? Or is it the CM4 engine? I'm confused. Ah well, I'm just waiting I think for the OOTP that will be built on the FM2006 engine! That will be heaven. Meaning I'll still buy the one built on the CM4/FM2005 engine, but I'm sure it won't get as much play as the FM2006 version of OOTP
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 05:58 PM   #36
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
It's a pretty laid back league without too many extra rules. If your interested either stop by the site (link is in my sig) or contact MrBug, the commish...

Hmm, very tempted. I'll think about it this evening. I'll post in the Waiting List thread if I decide to join. Looks like my Red Sox are open even
Old 05-14-2005, 06:25 PM   #37
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
so the next OOTP is being built on the FM2005 engine right? Or is it the CM4 engine? I'm confused. Ah well, I'm just waiting I think for the OOTP that will be built on the FM2006 engine! That will be heaven. Meaning I'll still buy the one built on the CM4/FM2005 engine, but I'm sure it won't get as much play as the FM2006 version of OOTP

The next OOTP game isn't being built upon FM, its using some of SI's technology and we've helped Markus with some of the technical aspects of its design, but its still Markus's brainchild and game.

The reason its not 'based' on FM is simply that Baseball and Soccer differ too wildly imho to take much across on a contract/transfer/match engine basis - so what we've done is try to provide Markus with building blocks (ie. technology and advice) with which he can build and improve upon an already very good game (in my opinion).
Old 05-14-2005, 06:26 PM   #38
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

wwsm2005 (NA's version of fm2005).

much to the detriment of sleep.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 06:31 PM   #39
TredWel
High School Varsity

FM. Also happens to be my wife's least favorite game.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:14 PM   #40
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Lots of Wall Street Raider...

Maybe a bit of FOF every once in a bit. But I've been pretty visual lately, so I've only played MVP or Madden '05
Old 05-14-2005, 07:18 PM   #41
rjolley
College Starter

FBCB, solo and MP. Can't seem to get into any other games these days. I may check out TPB and see if there's a way to format the draft files from FBCB for it. Other than that, none of the other games catch my eye right now.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 07:22 PM   #42
Comey
College Starter

I'm playing TPB (solo) and TPF (online). I have a TPB dynasty I'm preparing, one with 50 years of history. Looking forward to starting that one.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 07:50 PM   #43
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan
The next OOTP game isn't being built upon FM, its using some of SI's technology and we've helped Markus with some of the technical aspects of its design, but its still Markus's brainchild and game.

The reason its not 'based' on FM is simply that Baseball and Soccer differ too wildly imho to take much across on a contract/transfer/match engine basis - so what we've done is try to provide Markus with building blocks (ie. technology and advice) with which he can build and improve upon an already very good game (in my opinion).

okay, sorry for giving anyone the wrong idea. What I meant though Marc was is the next OOTP being built with the building blocks from FM2005 or CM4 ? That would have been a better way to word my question I guess. Apologies for wording it...inprecisely.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 07:55 PM   #44
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Me, I'm playing the nursing school text sim. It's pretty fun but has a steep learning curve. I try to manage my time, balancing between trying to study and creating my care plan.Its been pretty hectic so far as I try to count how much I need to get on the finals on tuesday to continue into the play offs.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:19 PM   #45
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Everyone has an opinion, but I think TPB is one of the best sports sims going right now. If it was baseball or football with the same package, I'd be in sports sim heaven. I haven't paid attention to the NBA since Bird and Magic went at it, but TPB has me interested once again.

The game is well laid out and quite frankly the best looking interface ever in a sports sim. (my opinion)

I wish Jim would contact Gary's graphic designer for FOF 2005.

Todd

I'm confused, what does that have to do with my quoted comments about TPF?
Old 05-14-2005, 08:24 PM   #46
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley
I may check out TPB and see if there's a way to format the draft files from FBCB for it.

If I had had time, I would have written such a utility so I could run the FOFC-FBCB drafts through TPB. It wouldn't be that hard, just a bit of time to figure out the binary format from FBCB (open it in a hex editor and it looks pretty straightforward), then convert to whatever fields TPB wants, then use ODBC or some other database technology to create the TPB draft database (it uses database files that are compatible with Access).

Just too much work given all the other utilities I'm working on (I need to get salary information into Extractor one of these days...)
Old 05-14-2005, 09:35 PM   #47
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
I'm confused, what does that have to do with my quoted comments about TPF?

Actually, nothing. It wasn't a slam at you.. right before I read your post, I was just thinking how much fun this NBA sim was. Especially since I don't know anything abou the NBA. It was easy for me to get into the game and I don't understand why I can't get into FM.

In fact, after re-reading my message, I have no idea why I said, "Everyone has an opinion". (scratches head) I guess I'm baffled on why you seem so disappointed with the game?

Todd
Old 05-14-2005, 09:38 PM   #48
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack
If I had had time, I would have written such a utility so I could run the FOFC-FBCB drafts through TPB. It wouldn't be that hard, just a bit of time to figure out the binary format from FBCB (open it in a hex editor and it looks pretty straightforward), then convert to whatever fields TPB wants, then use ODBC or some other database technology to create the TPB draft database (it uses database files that are compatible with Access).

Just too much work given all the other utilities I'm working on (I need to get salary information into Extractor one of these days...)

*Drools at the thought of a utility such as this* ..drafting FBCB players into TPB would be a dream..

Todd
Old 05-14-2005, 10:16 PM   #49
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

I'm up to 2018 with Sheffield Wednesday in FM. I can't believe the game status option tells me I've spent a week of time with this career.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 10:24 PM   #50
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxab
I'm up to 2018 with Sheffield Wednesday in FM. I can't believe the game status option tells me I've spent a week of time with this career.

Only a week?

I've spent 4 weeks with my career

I love my addictedness rating: Repetitive Strain Injury anyone?