Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-26-2005, 11:27 AM   #1
Galaril
Pro Starter

Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar Pc game

I see the sequel to Tin Soldiers: Alexander the Great, Tin Soldiers:Caesar is out. Has anyone treid the first game Tin Soldiers: Alexander the Great. I am interested t here from some of the war gamers on eithe rof these they are available for download from Matrix games site.

Tin Soldiers:Julius Caesar

Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 11:35 AM   #2
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

In a shameless plug for Gamenikki.. I reviewed it for them. 7.5 out of 10

The summary:

This game is smooth and polished enough to feel like it has years of work behind it. Design issues aside, Tin Soldiers: Alexander the Great is staying on this psuedo-grognard's hard drive for a while to come.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:53 AM   #3
Galaril
Pro Starter

SirFoz,
Great review. I am curious are looking at getting or reviewin gthe next game in the series Julius Caesar. It has 14 battles instead of 7 and they have added a 3-d battle map with improved terrain graphics plus six stand units? Also, I remember that you are coachin gthe BC team in FOFFBCB League, right? I got the UMass team. We finished of 16-16 quite a disappointing year. I noticed you guys had atough year. How are you guys looking for next year?We lost are leading scorer and are very, very young only 3 players with ore than two years experience. So, it could be another tough season for the Minutemen I fear. I am looking forward to the second game of our home and home. I think we are coming to your.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:55 AM   #4
Galaril
Pro Starter

Oh, one more thing I wanted to ask. I saw that you are a student in Mass. where you going ? Study area? Sorry, just curious. I went to Clark U over in Worcester for my undergrad back in the 90's.

Last edited by Galaril : 04-26-2005 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:09 PM   #5
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

*laughs*.. Damn.. Have I been on FOFC so long that I still have student in my profile?

I went to Dean College here in town (Franklin, MA), have an Associates in Communication Arts (radio broadcasting)

We're still not very good in FOFC, we were unable to get a killer ball handler this year, but being beat by the UMassholes was the low point of our year
Old 04-26-2005, 01:11 PM   #6
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The problem I had with the Alexander game is well.. it's playing Warhammer Battles on a FOFC. No immersion really. And there's no opponent to joke with or argue rule interpertations with..

Between that, and the game restricted you to the good guys unless you were playing multiplayer.. two dark spots/
Old 04-26-2005, 04:19 PM   #7
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

I like the game's tabletop game looks.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:58 PM   #8
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
*laughs*.. Damn.. Have I been on FOFC so long that I still have student in my profile?

I went to Dean College here in town (Franklin, MA), have an Associates in Communication Arts (radio broadcasting)

We're still not very good in FOFC, we were unable to get a killer ball handler this year, but being beat by our mental and physical superiors, the University of Massachusetts at Amherst Minutemen, was the highlight of our year

So what do you do now?
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:11 PM   #9
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I'm a System Support Technician at EMC Corporation, a contractor.

Basically, when your $250,000 Clariion system breaks, I'm the one you get to yell at while I try to diagnose what happened, and failing that, get the case to an engineer
Old 04-26-2005, 05:49 PM   #10
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
I'm a System Support Technician at EMC Corporation, a contractor.

Basically, when your $250,000 Clariion system breaks, I'm the one you get to yell at while I try to diagnose what happened, and failing that, get the case to an engineer
I've yelled at the likes of you on NO MORE THAN 0 OCCASSIONS.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:32 PM   #11
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Oi Desnudo.. I saw that Post Edit you did!

I KEEL YOU NOW!

Chemical: It's usually the head of IT, or in a few cases, the company's Chief Technical Officer who does the yelling.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:55 AM   #12
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Quote:
I'm a System Support Technician at EMC Corporation.

You ride an ambulance? I know this is a PC world and all, but "System Support Technician" is a pretty stale way of saying medic.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:50 AM   #13
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Nah, that's my job title, Could be worse, I could be a System Support Engineer (which is the next step)

I am the first line of contact (usually) on cases and work the case and/or escalate as needed