Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-03-2005, 11:21 AM   #1
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Blue Jays - Timing and Logo

We could open this up to other teams, but I noticed two things about the Blue Jays when doing a little research today.

A) Their logo doesn't do anything for me. I know it's not new for this year or anything, but bring back the cool fonts and the more realistic looking Jay. That thing kicked butt.

B) The Blue Jays start their games at 1:07 and 7:07 est. What's with the non-round number in the minutes column?
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 11:30 AM   #2
Critch
lolzcat

I'm guessing the 7:07 bit is to allow 30 seconds of pregame, 30 seconds of lineups, and 6 minutes of adverts before it starts?
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 12:20 PM   #3
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Perhaps...I'm just wondering why good ol' American 4 or 9 mins of adverts isn't good enough for them?
how do you know?

Old 04-03-2005, 12:25 PM   #4
Franklinnoble
Banned

Looks like a blue version of the new Arizona Cardinals logo.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 01:29 PM   #5
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I think the Jays are a logo rarity - they've had 4 logos, and every time they change a logo, it's worse than the one before it.

I strongly prefer the original one
Old 04-03-2005, 03:25 PM   #6
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

The Blue Jays don't even feel like the same team to me. The team had so much history -- two championships, five division titles, an endless parade of stars. Then some marketing genius runs a focus group and decides to change the logo every year, get new 'cooler' mascots (straight from the Poochy the Dog factory, I believe), and worst of all change the team color to black. Black! And not even real black, more like this greyish black that makes all their hats look like really old black hats that are faded.

At the fan luncheon, the biggest cheer went to some guy who told them to stop changing the damn uniforms.
Old 04-03-2005, 05:12 PM   #7
Zippo
High School JV

I don't think this logo is that bad, although their last couple were horrible. I think anything will be good as long as they can stick by it and build up a tradition behind it.
Zippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 05:23 PM   #8
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
The Blue Jays don't even feel like the same team to me. The team had so much history -- two championships, five division titles, an endless parade of stars. Then some marketing genius runs a focus group and decides to change the logo every year, get new 'cooler' mascots (straight from the Poochy the Dog factory, I believe), and worst of all change the team color to black. Black! And not even real black, more like this greyish black that makes all their hats look like really old black hats that are faded.

At the fan luncheon, the biggest cheer went to some guy who told them to stop changing the damn uniforms.

I agree with you except perhaps that a team starting in only 1977 probably does not have "so much history".
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 06:01 PM   #9
tdydynasty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
We could open this up to other teams, but I noticed two things about the Blue Jays when doing a little research today.

A) Their logo doesn't do anything for me. I know it's not new for this year or anything, but bring back the cool fonts and the more realistic looking Jay. That thing kicked butt.

B) The Blue Jays start their games at 1:07 and 7:07 est. What's with the non-round number in the minutes column?

Many games anyway start at 7:07pm for a 7:05pm start. When TBS had programs start at :05 and :35 the Braves home games started at :10 and :40 past the hour. On the road, TBS had to shorten a program so they do their pregame before the traditional :05 or :35 starts. Chicago Cubs have had 2:20 start times soi they can do the Lead-Off Man pre-game show. Some teams start at :10 past. (Mets for one)
tdydynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 06:02 PM   #10
paperstreetsoap
Mascot

The old one was way better, and I agree, the BLUEjays being black primarily is horrifying.
You wake up at Seatac, SFO, LAX. You wake up at O'Hare, Dallas-Fort Worth, BWI. Pacific, mountain, central. Lose an hour, gain an hour. This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. You wake up at Air Harbor International. If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?
paperstreetsoap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 06:25 PM   #11
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs

Catch you on the flip side, Maple Leafs!

NOT!
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 06:33 PM   #12
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdydynasty
Many games anyway start at 7:07pm for a 7:05pm start. When TBS had programs start at :05 and :35 the Braves home games started at :10 and :40 past the hour. On the road, TBS had to shorten a program so they do their pregame before the traditional :05 or :35 starts. Chicago Cubs have had 2:20 start times soi they can do the Lead-Off Man pre-game show. Some teams start at :10 past. (Mets for one)

Right, I was referring to the odd minutes number. You're saying most games start at :07 though the planned start time is :05 or :10?
how do you know?

Old 04-03-2005, 07:34 PM   #13
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
Right, I was referring to the odd minutes number. You're saying most games start at :07 though the planned start time is :05 or :10?
Well, they do have to play two national anthems before every game.

And while we're on the subject, O Canada rocks as a national anthem.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 08:05 PM   #14
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

[ugly American]Though these days, it's more appropriate for Americans to be singing it....[/ugly American]

Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote