Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-02-2005, 01:26 PM   #1
CSB
n00b

Question about FOF 2004

I had a previous version (2001 I think) and was completely turned off by the fact that I couldn't select individual players in the draft. It appears this is no longer the case based on the screen shots on the site but I wanted to confirm this. Anyone?

Any major complaits about the latest? Fairly realistic? Too easy? Too hard?

Thanks.

CSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 01:30 PM   #2
Joe
Pro Starter

its fabulous
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 01:33 PM   #3
Hurst2112
College Starter

CSB, if there was any advice I could give you, it would be to purchase the latest version of FOF for yourself. I do not know of the draft issue you have. I don't think I ever had that issue with FOF2001. Can't remember though. In FOF2 you could pick players in each round. Don't know why the next version wouldn't have that.

Again, please pick up the latest version. you will be happy.

Welcome to the board
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 01:35 PM   #4
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Welcome to the FOFC!

You can indeed pick your own players in the draft, and it is no simple task.

About your other questions, the game is a very good one, with realistic stats. It is fairly easy to keep a good competitive top of the league team, not so easy to win the Super Bowl consistently. I'd suggest browsing thru the board to get other impressions and reviews. You can also download the demo from the official site (solecismic.com) and give it a try.

All in all, i would recommend getting the game. I would also strongly recommend joining a multiplayer league, as it adds a whole new dimension to the game and is much more challenging.
Old 04-02-2005, 02:58 PM   #5
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSB
I had a previous version (2001 I think) and was completely turned off by the fact that I couldn't select individual players in the draft.

This is almost as much fun as an enigma puzzle...

My guess is that he might be saying "if you do a dispersal draft to start out the league, you couldn't pick your team player by player... but rather you just set your preferences and it autodrtafted." Or something like that.

I never cared much for using NFL players, so I never paid any attention to this stuff... but it's possible that's how it wwas in FOF 2001, isn't it?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 09:06 AM   #6
CSB
n00b

You did in fact decipher my puzzle. Sorry I didn't specify the initial league draft separately from the college draft. I wanted to mix the league up to begin with and was annoyed I couldn't pick each player myself. I never got past that to see that the college draft worked differently. So, this is the same as the current version then? That said, are there significant improvements since 2001?

Thanks again.
CSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 09:11 AM   #7
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Yes, you can now do a round-by-round initial league draft, picking every player yourself. You can use default rosters, NFL-named rosters, user-created rosters, or have the game generate a fictional universe to do this draft.

Yes, there are *significant* improvements since 2001. It is definitely worth the purchase price, and a lot more.
Old 04-03-2005, 12:22 PM   #8
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Skydog

have you ever done the aging test with FOF like you did for the baseball sims?

if so how was the result?

thanks
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote