Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-12-2005, 05:38 PM   #1
mtaystl03
High School Varsity

Fantasy Baseball: Rotisserie7 style!

Hey guys.

I just read about this type of league in Ron Shandler's Baseball Forecaster and I really want to tgive this type of league a shot. Here is the gist of it. You can reply here if you are interested or have questions:

National Pastime Fantasy Baseball

This new fantasy baseball league is being established to provide its owners/general managers a fun, competitive and challenging experience. This league uses the Rotisserie7 style game that creates a 161-game schedule for each fantasy team and concludes with playoffs after the first 23 weeks of regular season. The reason this is so popular is that it keeps owners interested and somewhat combines rotisserie and head-to-head styles. This type of league is featured in Ron Shandler’s Baseball Forecaster 2005.

Basically, the league works like a real baseball team. We will draft 25-man rosters and have 16 “active” at the beginning of each week. Each team starts:
1 catcher, 1 first baseman, 1 second baseman, 1 shortstop, 1 third baseman, 3 outfielders, 5 starting pitchers and 1 relief pitchers.

Basically, each team accumulates points in the 5x5 format: offense – BA, R, RBI, SB, HR, pitching – W, S, K, ERA, WHIP. On the surface the league is scored in a rotisserie ranking style. The way this league is different is in the fact that the ranking at the end of each week coincides with a record out of seven games (hence, roto7).

Here is how this correlates:
1st place = 7-0
2nd place = 6-1
3rd place = 6-1
4th place = 5-2
5th place = 5-2
6th place = 4-3
7th place = 3-4
8th place = 2-5
9th place = 2-5
10th place = 1-6
11th place = 1-6
12th place = 0-7

The regular season runs for 23 weeks in this format. The top six teams record wise will move on to the playoffs (1st and 2nd get byes, 3 v 6 and 4 v 5 first round.) The playoffs are played head-to-head.

We will have 12 teams, mixed AL and NL league with a $25 entry fee. The league payouts will be 65% regular season and 35% playoff winner. So, regular season champion gets $80, 2nd gets $70 and 3rd gets $50. Then the overall champion after the playoffs gets $100 and the CHAMPION tag.

You may be wondering how we will do this type of league considering no program exists to run such a league. Well, the answer is simple. We will use Yahoo! to do the draft and run the league. All trades and free agent movement will be done at their site. The starting lineups are submitted there as well. This will keep track of the points in a points rotisserie style league and all I will have to do is take those points and figure out our official standings which will be posted every week at our own site.

If we would like to make this a keeper league or draft minors, we can work all of that out as well.

Let me know!

mtaystl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 07:21 PM   #2
mtaystl03
High School Varsity

I have a few signed up from other places...get in if you're interested. It should be a highly competitive league.