Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-12-2005, 12:12 PM   #1
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Angry I want to kill my roommate.

So I moved into an appartment with my (at the time) best friend in August, the first few weeks were good then he turned into a slob. I said something to his girlfriend, then things got better.

Fast forward to today, I've noticed he hasn't really been dirtying any dishes but I know he has been eating. Anyway, I decide to go into his room when he wasn't here and noticed a pile of about 10 dirty dishes in the corner of his room. I don't know how to approach him about this because I don't want him to know that I was 'snooping' around.

Now I wouldn't really give a damn if they were his dishes but they are dishes that I bought. For instance one of my dishes has cereal in it from what appears to be a least a week ago, it is stuck to the bowl. I couldn't move any of it with the spoon.

Opinions on how to handle this please...

Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 12:15 PM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog
So I moved into an appartment with my (at the time) best friend in August, the first few weeks were good then he turned into a slob. I said something to his girlfriend, then things got better.

Fast forward to today, I've noticed he hasn't really been dirtying any dishes but I know he has been eating. Anyway, I decide to go into his room when he wasn't here and noticed a pile of about 10 dirty dishes in the corner of his room. I don't know how to approach him about this because I don't want him to know that I was 'snooping' around.

Now I wouldn't really give a damn if they were his dishes but they are dishes that I bought. For instance one of my dishes has cereal in it from what appears to be a least a week ago, it is stuck to the bowl. I couldn't move any of it with the spoon.

Opinions on how to handle this please...

A little late now, but I recommend never moving in with a best friend. I've done it twice and it was bad for the friendship both times.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 12:22 PM   #3
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Yeah, I figured that out. I am just trying to decide how to approach him about the dishes.
Old 03-12-2005, 12:25 PM   #4
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, apparently the gf can make him clean it up. Definitely use that to your advantage.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 12:27 PM   #5
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

get his girlfriend to bitch at him or just comment on how you've noticed you haven't seen some of your dishes in a while

Last edited by Greyroofoo : 03-12-2005 at 12:28 PM.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 12:32 PM   #6
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Don't have a roommate unless it is of the opposite sex.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 01:01 PM   #7
SegRat
High School Varsity

Tell him you are miising dishes, and ask him if he knows where they are.
Old 03-12-2005, 01:06 PM   #8
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

If he's indeed your best friend, he should understand when you say 'hey you dumbf#$@, stop leaving dirty dishes in your room' , otherwise, I guess go with the crying to the girlfriend thing.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 01:21 PM   #9
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deattribution
If he's indeed your best friend, he should understand when you say 'hey you dumbf#$@, stop leaving dirty dishes in your room' , otherwise, I guess go with the crying to the girlfriend thing.

I actually agree with this. I live with 3 other guys...2 are a couple of my best friends, the other, we have all kinda grown apart from in the nearly 2 years we've all lived together. With the first two, I can come out and say "yo shithead, clean up your dishes/garbage/etc" and everything would be fine. It's a much more delicate situation when I have to say something to the 3rd roommate.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 01:28 PM   #10
korme
Go Reds

im moving in with my 3 best friends from school into an apartment next year.. i think as a best friend deattribution is right, you should be able to bitch at him with good reason and he should clean up.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 01:43 PM   #11
Desnudo
Coordinator

Get a new roommate.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 04:13 PM   #12
st.cronin
General Manager

I think you should start putting your dirty dishes in his room.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 04:34 PM   #13
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegRat
Tell him you are miising dishes, and ask him if he knows where they are.

Dude, there's 10 dishes missing. It doesn't take snooping to find them. Just ask him where they are.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 06:48 PM   #14
robbgmaier
College Prospect

paging terpkristin.....
robbgmaier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 07:26 PM   #15
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbgmaier
paging terpkristin.....

LOL! I actually had to double check the name of the poster. I was sure it was her with some more stories about her roommate

FM
Old 03-12-2005, 08:36 PM   #16
Easy Mac

sleep with his girlfriend, that will show him.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 09:24 PM   #17
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

I swear something is wrong with you. You can't get girls( I am not sure on this but from what gather you have women trouble) and cant tell your friend he is a slob.....my advice is simple and take it for what its worth nothing.... grow a pair.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:56 AM   #18
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

It could be worse.

I was staying at a friend's place and his roommate was at work. We decided to play a prank on him and went into his room. I accidentally kicked a bottle out from under the bed. He is a major alcoholic, so finding that he had bottles under the bed was no big deal. What was a big deal was that it was a gin bottle full of a yellow liquid. He had at least a dozen bottles filled with piss under that bed. I got a good laugh. My friend didn't find it as funny though...
Old 03-13-2005, 02:19 AM   #19
mgadfly
High School Varsity

They are just dishes. Set some mouse traps and forget about them.
mgadfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 09:31 AM   #20
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop
I swear something is wrong with you. You can't get girls( I am not sure on this but from what gather you have women trouble)......

I have no problem getting girls, I am usually dating 2-3 at a time actually. Certain people like to hear my stories so I share them, I could care less. Plus sometimes I get drunk and post stuff.

As for my roommate, today I am telling him how it is. I know there is no way he can afford to live no his own, so he better get his shit together.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:34 AM   #21
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
I have no problem getting girls, I am usually dating 2-3 at a time actually.

I am not sure where you get the extra hand from but okay.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:52 AM   #22
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop
I am not sure where you get the extra hand from but okay.

I have amazing abilities with my feet.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:11 AM   #23
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Ugh. First of all, there is a cleanliness issue. Dirty dishes left in a room attract animals and insects. Second of all, I agree with Noop. Grow a pair of balls, Balldog.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 10:52 AM   #24
Balldog
Pro Rookie

So I should just say, "look I was snooping around your room and noticed some dirty dishes."
Old 03-13-2005, 10:55 AM   #25
Crunky
Banned

Are you going to start asking for advice on even the simplest matters? Do you honestly have no idea how to deal with others?

Be a man and ask him if he knows where the missing dishes are. Use that as a launching point for discussing your problems with him. Bringing up your problems to his girlfriend is an incredibly immature and disrespectful way to handle things.

I find it hard to believe that you have the skill to juggle 2-3 girls at a time but you have absolutely no idea how to handle a messy roommate.

That being said, I personally am having trouble with my sister. She's dating a guy I don't like!!!! WHAT SHOULD I DO????????????????

Last edited by Crunky : 03-13-2005 at 10:56 AM.
Crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 11:06 AM   #26
Easy Mac

sleep with your sister, that will show him.
Old 03-13-2005, 11:07 AM   #27
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunky
That being said, I personally am having trouble with my sister. She's dating a guy I don't like!!!! WHAT SHOULD I DO????????????????

Leave your dirty dishes in her room.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 12:26 PM   #28
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunky
Are you going to start asking for advice on even the simplest matters? Do you honestly have no idea how to deal with others?

Be a man and ask him if he knows where the missing dishes are. Use that as a launching point for discussing your problems with him. Bringing up your problems to his girlfriend is an incredibly immature and disrespectful way to handle things.

Relax.

First of all, his girlfriend asked me how I liked living with him...that is when I bitched about him being a slob earlier.

Secondly, basically we have a 'standing rule' that he doesn't go in my room and I don't go in his room. I went in his room, my question was how do I bring up the dishes in his room when I shouldn't even know about them.

I will just ask him where all my dishes have gone, solved.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:35 PM   #29
Desnudo
Coordinator

The girlfriend doesn't mind the way he's living? Or does she not spend the night at your place.

Last edited by Desnudo : 03-13-2005 at 12:35 PM.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 12:38 PM   #30
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
The girlfriend doesn't mind the way he's living? Or does she not spend the night at your place.

She used to be here all the time but she has since moved back to Columbus for school, so she isn't here very much. She isn't exactly the most clean minded person though.
Old 03-13-2005, 12:45 PM   #31
Suicane75
Coordinator

Dude, Macho Man and Hulk Hogan had the some problem if i recall correctly. Hulk went to Elizabeth and asked her how he should approach the Macho Man about leaving dishes in his room, Elizabeth wasn't sure but word got back to the Macho Man that the two were talking, and he flew off the handle and attacked Hogan, which ended the run of the MegaPowers. Do you really wanna be responsible for breaking up the MegaPowers? Just send The Undertaker after him, and don't let his girlfriend move in with Lex Luger.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 12:50 PM   #32
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Old 03-13-2005, 01:36 PM   #33
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
sleep with your sister, that will show him.

Says the man from South Carolina

SI

Old 03-13-2005, 01:37 PM   #34
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75
Dude, Macho Man and Hulk Hogan had the some problem if i recall correctly. Hulk went to Elizabeth and asked her how he should approach the Macho Man about leaving dishes in his room, Elizabeth wasn't sure but word got back to the Macho Man that the two were talking, and he flew off the handle and attacked Hogan, which ended the run of the MegaPowers. Do you really wanna be responsible for breaking up the MegaPowers? Just send The Undertaker after him, and don't let his girlfriend move in with Lex Luger.

SI

Old 03-13-2005, 01:50 PM   #35
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
Says the man from South Carolina

SI

hey, technically I'm from a small town in Illinois (perhaps you guys have heard of Galesburg... maybe not)... just because I've lived in Oxford, MS, Swainesboro, GA, Chester, SC, Easley, SC, and Elgin, SC, and my parents currently live in Trussville, AL... it doesn't make me a redneck
Old 03-13-2005, 01:59 PM   #36
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75

If I recall correctly, that's when Hogan decided to get a new best friend in Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake. Maybe Balldog should get a new best friend?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 02:08 PM   #37
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
hey, technically I'm from a small town in Illinois (perhaps you guys have heard of Galesburg... maybe not)... just because I've lived in Oxford, MS, Swainesboro, GA, Chester, SC, Easley, SC, and Elgin, SC, and my parents currently live in Trussville, AL... it doesn't make me a redneck

No, advocating sex with a sibling makes you a redneck (not that this hasn't all been in jest or anything)

SI

Old 03-13-2005, 09:17 PM   #38
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

So, the dude is your best friend, and you can't tell him that you saw dishes in his room?

I believe that you should intentionally get "caught" masturbating on one of your dishes. I don't think he will be using them too much after that.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:39 AM   #39
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

He is your best friend yet you have a rule that you don't go in each others rooms?

I would tell him there was a stench coming from his room and you went in there because you thought that something was dead.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 09:52 AM   #40
KevinNU7
College Starter

Do not ever live with your bestfriend.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:59 AM   #41
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo

Print this and tape it to his bedroom door.

Much like Milton not receiving a paycheck, things will work themselves out.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:20 AM   #42
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
He is your best friend yet you have a rule that you don't go in each others rooms?

I would tell him there was a stench coming from his room and you went in there because you thought that something was dead.

We don't go into each others rooms unless he or I are in our room.

We are no longer best friends. Come Super Bowl Sunday we had made plans to watch the game at BW3s, around 5:30 I here him getting ready. (I was already dressed and ready to go) Then he comes out in the living room and says "see ya I am going to my parents." I was just like "thanks you cock sucker, if I had known that I would have made other plans." We haven't done anything since, he asks me to do stuff and I just say no. Granted usually he just wants to go to the bar that his girlfriend works at and sit there and talk to her. While I sit there with a bunch of 60 year old people.

Sounds petty but he pulls that shit all the time. I can't count the times that we would make plans to go to BW3s or Fricker's, etc. then he would just not show up or call and cancel at the last minute because he didn't feel like going anymore. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a while because his work schedule was messed up.

Example: Him, his girlfriend, her friend and I had planned a trip to Chicago to see OSU play at Northwestern back in September. We were to leave Saturday morning, come Thursday night and he changed his mind that he didn't want to go anymore "just because". Of course I was pissed and went off on him, then he decided he would go.

For some reason I was blind to the whole world revolves around what he wants to do attitude that he has, now I see it far too often.

I'll just say I thought he was dead from the odor coming from his room. Since I haven't seen him since Thursday.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:23 AM   #43
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
For some reason I was blind to the whole world revolves around what he wants to do attitude that he has, now I see it far too often.
This is what I realized about my former friend when we moved in together. Basically you get this sort of attitude from most girlfriends, but you know what? They put out. I don't need that from a guy.

Fuck em
Old 03-14-2005, 10:40 AM   #44
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
This is what I realized about my former friend when we moved in together. Basically you get this sort of attitude from most girlfriends, but you know what? They put out. I don't need that from a guy.

Fuck em

Exactly.

I am just trying to keep the peace since I have to live with him for another 5 months before the lease is up.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:13 AM   #45
rkmsuf
Head Coach

What's the problem? Just go in his room, get the dishes, wash them and put them away. If he questions you just say you ran out of dishes and since they weren't anywhere else they had to be in his room.

If he beefs you were in his room just let him know to return and clean the dishes and it won't be a problem.

Seems fairly simple.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:34 AM   #46
Balldog
Pro Rookie

So basically be his maid? Screw that, I pay rent too.

I work 40+ hours a week, coach high school baseball, and I am taking 10 credit hours at school. He works 38 hours a week and that is it. Unless you count the 20+ hours a week spent playing PS2 as a second job or something.

Takes about 2 seconds to throw a plate in the dishwasher. Most of the dishes in his room from what I noticed, will not get clean from the dishwasher since they have been sitting in there so long.

I am contemplating taking all my dishes, cleaning them and packing them up. I can just use paper plates and what not for myself. Then I don't give a crap what he does with his dishes.

Last edited by Balldog : 03-14-2005 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:39 AM   #47
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
So basically be his maid? Screw that, I pay rent too.

I work 40+ hours a week, coach high school baseball, and I am taking 10 credit hours at school.

Takes about 2 seconds to throw a plate in the dishwasher. Most of the dishes in his room from what I noticed, will not get clean from the dishwasher since they have been sitting in there so long.

I am contemplating taking all my dishes, cleaning them and packing them up. I can just use paper plates and what not for myself. Then I don't give a crap what he does with his dishes.

Like I said, take your dishes and wash them.

Put them away if you want.

Of course this is all in lieu of just saying "Hey, can you do me a favor and wash the dishes you have in your room. Thanks."

That would be too easy I'd guess.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:42 AM   #48
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I'm going to try that but knowing him that won't work. I forgot to mention to 10+ fast food bags laying on his floor.

Last edited by Balldog : 03-14-2005 at 11:43 AM.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:51 PM   #49
hhiipp
College Prospect

If you need someone to go to a OSU game next year I'd sacrifice my time to go.
hhiipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 12:57 PM   #50
Suicane75
Coordinator

The next time he takes a shower, wait for him to get all soaped up. You know what comes next. He'll never ever do it again.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote