Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-11-2005, 02:23 PM   #1
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

FM2005, patch 5.0.5 anyone??

apparently, there was a patch released right after the 5.0.3 patch, called 5.0.5, it fixes a few extra things...

From this thread at SI Games:
http://community.sigames.com/eve/ubb...1/m/7662053011

============
Football Manager 2005 Patch 5.0.5

PC

Without Data

Size : 37mb. The increase from the announced size is due to the language packs being included. We apologise for issuing an incorrect filesize

Standard Download sites

http://www.sigames.com/downloads.php?type=download&id=240&file=376

With Data

Size : 84mb

Standard Download sites

http://www.sigames.com/downloads.php?type=download&id=240&file=375

Q. What does this patch fix

See the changelist below

Q. Why is this 5.0.5 and not 5.0.3

At the same time as creating 5.0.3 we were working on a CD remaster. Whilst working on this remaster we fixed a few issues that were not in 5.0.3 and we rolled these out onto the website. Today we've made a further two fixes and so we decided to let everyone know about this slightly amended patch.

Q. Is this an essential patch

No, unless the new changes listed below affect you - you do not need to download it

Q. I got the 5.0.3 patch with data last time, do I need to do the same with 5.0.5

No, you can either grab the no data version or just the exe on it's own http://downloads.sigames.com/download/505_exe_only.zip

PLEASE NOTE : THIS FILE IS NOT FOR ANYONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE 5.0.3.

Q. I'm not using a default skin and some screens are acting weird

Please speak to the unofficial skin maker who will need to update his XML files

=======================

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 03-11-2005 at 02:26 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 02:23 PM   #2
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

List of fixes

Quote:
Football Manager 2005 v5.0.5
----------------------------

Please note, this patch is save game compatible and contains all the fixes in 5.0.2. You do not need to start a new game, however for the best results it is suggested.

- Fixed columns moving around when using the filter panel and changing the filter, then hiding the filter panel.
- Ensured club's don't recieve more than 20 regens players in a year
- Fixed Italian stadium bug fix
- Stopped interfering buying chairman from making the club bankrupt
- Fixed shortlist crash
- Removed limit on foreign players for Australian squads. (Previous fix only applied to match squads)
- Fixed UEFA coefficient calculation for 2004/05 season. Predefined UEFA Cup teams from the database were not updating the nation team count value thus resulting in a higher than usual coefficient.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:24 PM   #3
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

I know my game still says 5.0.3, I'll download the new patch to make sure I don't get 70+ regens in my youth team when I get to the offseason

FM
Old 03-11-2005, 02:27 PM   #4
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
Q. I got the 5.0.3 patch with data last time, do I need to do the same with 5.0.5

No, you can either grab the no data version or just the exe on it's own http://downloads.sigames.com/download/505_exe_only.zip

PLEASE NOTE : THIS FILE IS NOT FOR ANYONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE 5.0.3.

For the record, that file is only 10.5 meg, so not a bad download to make sure you fully patch your game...

FM

edit: that is if you had already downloaded the whole package to patch to 5.0.03 and don't want to download it again...

Last edited by FrogMan : 03-11-2005 at 02:28 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 02:39 PM   #5
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
- Stopped interfering buying chairman from making the club bankrupt

There's a very interesting post over at the SI Games forum regarding the different types of chairman and chairman interaction. I'm reposting here, if Marc thinks it's inappropriate, pleas say so and I'll delete it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Duffy on SI Games forum (message from Keith Flannery, SI Developper)
Thereare five types of chairman in the game:

* Interfering Buying Chairman
* Ambitious Chairman
* Interfering Selling Chairman
* Cautious Chairman
* Normal Chairman

Interfering Buying Chairman:

For this to happen the club involved must have a chairman with a HIGH interference attribute, have a financial state of RICH and have a reasonably high club reputation.

Then for a chairman to indicate his desire for a couple of world class signings, the chairman of that club has to have some doubt's about the manager in terms of board confidence. (i.e Board Confidence less than Very Pleased)

Known club's in the game that CAN have an interfering chairman are: Chelsea / Real Madrid / Lyon / Fenebahce / Inter Milan / AC Milan

A known issue with the 5.0.3 patch was some of these chairman we're going overboard with thier newly found transfer muscles and splashing more cash than was actually available to them via the club's bank balance. This was a mistake, we are sorry that it happened, but it has now been fixed, and is actually in the patch build which is currently available from this site. So, if you are seeing this problem, redownload the patch, and it should be fixed.

Another known issue was from save games which were started before patch 5.0.3 was installed. This was that some club's which have chairman which didn't have an interference atribute set in our DB, had an arbituary value set for them. This in turn mean't that in rare cases a chairman of a club, such as arsenal could act as an interfering buying chairman. For games started after patch 5.0.3 was installed on thier machines this is not a problem. We cannot fix old saved games that are having this issue - sorry.

Ambitious Chairman:

For this to happen the club involved must have a chairman with high ambition/resources attributes. Also the club's finances must be of a decent level and the club must have the potential to grow into a bigger club. And to cap this off the chairman will not appraoch you to sign a high profile player if he doesn't have confidence in you.

A common misconception flying around at the moment is that an ambitious chairman will sign players for you. This is entirely false. All an ambitious chairman will do is state his desire for a high profile signing and state that if you don't have enough transfer funds available, he will allow the club's bank balance to be used to make up the difference, providing there is enough money available in the bank.

The kind of clubs that this will happen with are those with ambitious boards, so the likes of Birmingham, Tottenham, Gretna etc.

Interfering Selling Chairman:

For this to happen the club involved must have a chairman with a HIGH interference attribute, as well as a HIGH business accumen attribute. The club must also be in a precarious state financially (both finances and wages).

For a chairman to start selling players behind the managers back, he will first give the manager a warning to reduce the wage bill, and if not he will take matters into his own hands and try to reduce the wage bill himself through player sales. This will not happen if the chairman confidence in you very pleased or above.

At the start of a new game there are NO known interfering selling chairman.

Cautious Chairman:

All a cautious chairman will do is try and persuade you not to sign a player who he thinks you are paying too much money for. This will be apparent in the transfer completion news item.

Normal Chairman

As normal from before patch 5.0.3.

I hope this covers any misunderstanding, and also hope that none of our competitors ever look at this thread, as we've given away far too much information about the design aspect of this, but wanted to clarify the situation as a number of misconeptions seem to be occuring.

FM
Old 03-11-2005, 02:39 PM   #6
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
For the record, that file is only 10.5 meg, so not a bad download to make sure you fully patch your game...

FM

edit: that is if you had already downloaded the whole package to patch to 5.0.03 and don't want to download it again...

Does that 10.5 meg file work with WWSM?
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 02:47 PM   #7
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

For WWSM:

http://www.sigames.com/downloads.php?type=view&id=242
Old 03-11-2005, 02:48 PM   #8
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW
Does that 10.5 meg file work with WWSM?

Sorry, I don't have an answer for that one...

FM
Old 03-11-2005, 03:34 PM   #9
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the info FM. I never would have known if you hadn't posted this thread. Perfect timing too as I am coming down the stretch to another off season.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 03:36 PM   #10
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

Darn, I'm only getting a 4.6 KB/sec download rate. Their site must be getting slammed. That file will be downloaded in a little over an hour for me.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 03:44 PM   #11
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, the DL is slow... but at least none of that BitTorrent crap .
Old 03-11-2005, 05:24 PM   #12
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
I know my game still says 5.0.3, I'll download the new patch to make sure I don't get 70+ regens in my youth team when I get to the offseason

FM
Only happened sometimes (random chance and only with certain teams, basically large teams esp. with youth academy) and only in games using a huge database setting ... (which is why the testers missed it).
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 05:25 PM   #13
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
There's a very interesting post over at the SI Games forum regarding the different types of chairman and chairman interaction. I'm reposting here, if Marc thinks it's inappropriate, pleas say so and I'll delete it...
'tis cool with me ...
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 06:47 PM   #14
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan
Only happened sometimes (random chance and only with certain teams, basically large teams esp. with youth academy) and only in games using a huge database setting ... (which is why the testers missed it).

Sweet, I want 30 regens!
Old 03-11-2005, 10:07 PM   #15
kingfc22
Head Coach

I hope this fixes the "unknown" ref bug.

Nope, it's still there.

Last edited by kingfc22 : 03-11-2005 at 10:48 PM. Reason: DL'd the patch and bug still there
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 10:49 PM   #16
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
Sweet, I want 30 regens!

You can have my 70, they were all junk. Thanks for the info FM, very timely as I'm heading into my off-season.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 12:23 AM   #17
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

i've joined the darkside...

purchased this life sucker at 4:30 pm on 3/11/05 CST...

oh, and getting 100KB/s transfer of wwsm5.0.5

make that 123KB/s

Last edited by finkenst : 03-12-2005 at 12:28 AM.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote