Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-02-2005, 10:51 PM   #1
jshipman2
Banned

DVD Ripping & Burning

Anyone know the basics of this? What software do you use and how do you do it? My brother-in-law has a Mac and is using "Popcorn" to burn DVDs right and left. Please post if you have any knowledge of how to do this.

jshipman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 07:07 AM   #2
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'd go to www.dvdrhelp.com for some answers.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 07:35 AM   #3
Coder
College Prospect

If you're a PC user, DVDShrink does the trick for you. Ripping, compressing and burning in one go (if you have a DVD player and a DVD-burner in the same workstation). It can also be configured to "just rip" and store the DVD on the hard-drive first, and then you can use any regular burn-program to burn it.

~ I am an idiot, walking a tight rope of fortunate things ~
Coder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 12:20 PM   #4
Hoya1
High School JV

yeah, DVD Shrink or DVD X copy.
Hoya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 04:00 PM   #5
Kam
H.S. Freshman Team

also check out the new issue of Maximum PC magazine. It is all about ripping & burning.
Kam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 12:26 AM   #6
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i wanted to resurrect this thread because I have a question and my head is spinning with all the options and i'm hoping someone can help me with (hopefully one) or maybe 2 pieces of software that i need to do what i want.

basically what i want is a software program (or two if needs be) that will allow me to do the following:

1) copy DVD's that I legally own for backing up purposes. I would like to be able to only copy certain chapters of certain movies, so that I can cut out different parts, or make "edited for time" versions of favorites such as LOTR.

2) burn DVD to AVI/MPEG so that I can edit it on my HD (so that I can splice together different clips, again from LOTR really...have an "Aragorn Clipfest" say) and then reconvert this and burn it back to DVD.

Is there one program that can do this all, or am I looking at two? Any recommendations guys? I've found seperate DVD-to-AVI rippers and then AVI-to-DVD encoders/burners, but those don't let you direct-copy the DVD's by chapter/timeframe in the movie.

i know there are some...(DVDXCopy Gold I wanna say) that will allow you to direct-copy from particular moments within the movie (starting at say 1:23:14 to 1:23:45 say), and this might be a solution because I could then just use a freeware program to rip them to AVI I suppose, but I'm wondering if there's one program that does it all. Any advice fellow geeks?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 01:56 AM   #7
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshipman2
Anyone know the basics of this? What software do you use and how do you do it? My brother-in-law has a Mac and is using "Popcorn" to burn DVDs right and left. Please post if you have any knowledge of how to do this.

Sincerely,
Dan Glickman
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 06:15 AM   #8
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
i wanted to resurrect this thread because I have a question and my head is spinning with all the options and i'm hoping someone can help me with (hopefully one) or maybe 2 pieces of software that i need to do what i want.

basically what i want is a software program (or two if needs be) that will allow me to do the following:

1) copy DVD's that I legally own for backing up purposes. I would like to be able to only copy certain chapters of certain movies, so that I can cut out different parts, or make "edited for time" versions of favorites such as LOTR.

2) burn DVD to AVI/MPEG so that I can edit it on my HD (so that I can splice together different clips, again from LOTR really...have an "Aragorn Clipfest" say) and then reconvert this and burn it back to DVD.

Is there one program that can do this all, or am I looking at two? Any recommendations guys? I've found seperate DVD-to-AVI rippers and then AVI-to-DVD encoders/burners, but those don't let you direct-copy the DVD's by chapter/timeframe in the movie.

i know there are some...(DVDXCopy Gold I wanna say) that will allow you to direct-copy from particular moments within the movie (starting at say 1:23:14 to 1:23:45 say), and this might be a solution because I could then just use a freeware program to rip them to AVI I suppose, but I'm wondering if there's one program that does it all. Any advice fellow geeks?
Use DVD decrypter to select the chapters, then autogk to turn to avi. not sure if it can do avi by chapters, but it might be able to.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote