Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-21-2005, 09:33 PM   #1
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Nintendo DS

Anyoen pick up one of these? I was thinking about finally gettnig a PDA but if this can do about what I need from one and give me the chance to have a portable game machine, this might be the way to go.

Any impressions?

Sorry if this has come up before but I did a search of this forum and didn't see any thread that looked like it had any kind of feedback about the system.

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 09:41 PM   #2
SackAttack
Head Coach

Unless one company or another releases contact management software or if the rumors of Nintendo licensing Palm OS prove true, then it might be able to do both. In the meantime, it's basically a games machine.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 07:14 AM   #3
oykib
College Starter

My GF got it for me for Christmas.

I haven't used it yet. I tend to only use my portables when I take trips-- which I haven't since Christmas.

I've seen what some of the games look like. But there aren't any really hot ones yet-- unless you like Pokemon.
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 09:04 AM   #4
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

For info about the DS and Palm OS, see the post I made in the palm software thread. The post is here.

As far as the DS as a gaming device....I like it a lot, though I'm waiting for some of the next games to come out. Specifically, I can't wait for them to release a soccer game for it and the demo of Metroid that came with it was pretty sweet, so I might have to check that game out, too. So far I've been playing GBA games on it.

My only real complaint is that even for my small hands, it's kind of awkward to hold since the buttons are small.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 12:00 PM   #5
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oykib
My GF got it for me for Christmas.

I haven't used it yet. I tend to only use my portables when I take trips-- which I haven't since Christmas.

I've seen what some of the games look like. But there aren't any really hot ones yet-- unless you like Pokemon.

I dunno about that, even. I love the Pokemon games (100+ hours on each generation) but their forrays into other stuff like Snap or Pokemon Pinball don't do it in the same way that the RPGs (or Colosseum for the Gamecube) do in terms of sucking time away with a system-seller type game. That said, if they come out with a good online plan for the DS, as has been speculated about as one of their announcements at E3 and crank out and Pokemon Diamond and Pearl hit stateside before Christmas or early next year- there are going to be a ton of kids walking around with DS's and some of us big little kids, too.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote