Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-21-2005, 04:05 PM   #1
Flasch186
Coordinator

"Geez, Howard, Why so frustrated?"

Because no matter what I do, I cannot score in FM, I take over a team that was great, dont change a thing to see the players play ONE game and i get shutout....make some adjustments after looking over the roster, shutout, sign a better finisher, shutout, change tactics to be more agressive, shutout, signa good distributor, shutout. Its almost getting to the point where Im going to shelve the game and say, "well Im just not a very good soccer manager."

I cant tell you how many times Ive watched a shot sail over an open net. So I increase shooting in training, no scores. Just no scoring, LOTS of injuries, but no scoring....whats that? sign a better physio, so i do that....more injuries YET no scoring.

Your team is targeted for promotion before the start fo the season, but a run of 5 games with 1 goal leaves us at the back of the pack.

Seriously, that is frustrating as hell. Who does somebody have to sleep with to get some goals around here?!

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Flasch186 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 04:11 PM   #2
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Is Hatcher your actor name and Howard your birth name?
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 04:12 PM   #3
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Dola, just want to know what to tell my grandkids.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 04:23 PM   #4
Flasch186
Coordinator

Howard Real

Hatcher Fake

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 04:36 PM   #5
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
Howard Real

Hatcher Fake

Can we shorten these to HR and HF for flere's diagramming purposes?
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 04:47 PM   #6
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
Because no matter what I do, I cannot score in FM, I take over a team that was great, dont change a thing to see the players play ONE game and i get shutout....make some adjustments after looking over the roster, shutout, sign a better finisher, shutout, change tactics to be more agressive, shutout, signa good distributor, shutout. Its almost getting to the point where Im going to shelve the game and say, "well Im just not a very good soccer manager."

I cant tell you how many times Ive watched a shot sail over an open net. So I increase shooting in training, no scores. Just no scoring, LOTS of injuries, but no scoring....whats that? sign a better physio, so i do that....more injuries YET no scoring.

Your team is targeted for promotion before the start fo the season, but a run of 5 games with 1 goal leaves us at the back of the pack.

Seriously, that is frustrating as hell. Who does somebody have to sleep with to get some goals around here?!

Had big problems myself when I got the game: best thing I did was almost give up and decide just to use the preset individual player instructions, and then make slight tweaks (on long shots, dribbling, etc) - actually got some results and scored some goals.

Was using a normal mentality with counter attack away, and fairly attacking no counter attack at home, with a fairly deep defensive line as my fastest DC was 13/20.

From this point on, as you make enforced changes or squad rotation moves, you see the effect of making one or two changes (e.g. the effect of a DMC in place of standard MC, two strikers vs. target man and striker) as opposed to multiple changes made out of frustration.

This way you can build up knowledge and understanding, discover what works best for you and your team, and begin to more informed decisions rather than taking shots in the dark in the hope that something might work...
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 07:21 PM   #7
Mac Howard
Sick as a Parrot

Don't blame me for problems you have with FM
Old 02-22-2005, 01:00 AM   #8
Franklinnoble
Banned

I thought this thread title was going to be the one-liner for your next acting gig...
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote