Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-11-2005, 01:34 AM   #1
Sharpieman
Greatly Missed. (7/11/84-06/12/05)

Since the FBCB forum looks dead...

I just downloaded the demo version of this game just to check it out. But I got a question that many of you might be able to answer.

What is "limited" conference movement? And is the "Full" option mean that its like a promotion and regulation system?

Sharpieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 01:50 AM   #2
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Limited means like, one or two teams a year move tops.

Full Means, pretty much what you think. Win your conference, get promoted to a higher prestige conference.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:27 AM   #3
Sharpieman

ah I see, thanks.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:40 AM   #4
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Full is alot like the way european soccer leagues are set up

I'm not a big fan of full, cause you can get a super class.. and jump 2 conferences in 2 years... just not really realistic at all
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 06:29 AM   #5
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpieman
regulation

relegation
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 09:11 AM   #6
Radii
Head Coach

just to re-iterate here... with full conference movement there is a *ton* of movement each season.

When the game first came out I, and may others I believe, loved the concept of conference movement, but it was just too much, and HR added the limited option, which makes it a big time challenge to move up, but it's doable, and the amount of promotions/relegations are much much lower. 5 or 6 in a year is the most I've seen, and it's usually 2 or 3, if that.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 05:43 PM   #7
brimick79
Banned

When I play a game on the limited option it's good at first but after awhile it's the same promblem as full.

You get superpower conferences.

When I play FBCB I usually play a dynasty 30-70 years. Not sure how extreme this is. But after awhile I felt the game was unplayable with limited movement. So I've only done it once. I wonder if someone who's done it more recently with limited for a long dynasty could comment on this?

Personally I find that play with an updating conference prestige is better. For a long dynasty anyway, and afterawhile the landscape is different. But if you only do 10-20 years, I would think limited movement would be better.
brimick79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 05:48 PM   #8
brimick79
Banned

Dola

When limited movement was added to the game it was much different. I had a powerhouse Indiana State team and it took me like 30 years to get into the big 10.(That's moving from a 4 prestige conference to a 5)

But now it takes like 5-10 years to do it, I would think.

The never versions have made it easier. I think at first it was to hard to move up on limited and then he made it to easy.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:51 PM   #9
Sharpieman

I'm having a lot of fun with this game, theres lots of things to keep you occupied. With a game like this, its tempting to get the Pro version so you could see how your players do in their careers.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:57 PM   #10
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpieman
I'm having a lot of fun with this game, theres lots of things to keep you occupied. With a game like this, its tempting to get the Pro version so you could see how your players do in their careers.

I was under the impression that the pro version of the game was released back in 2002. Has an updated version been released?
Old 02-11-2005, 06:01 PM   #11
brimick79
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24
I was under the impression that the pro version of the game was released back in 2002. Has an updated version been released?

I believe that you can export draft files from fbcb into fbb. I don't remember how I but I even it did it from tdcb.

Last edited by brimick79 : 02-11-2005 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-11-2005, 06:17 PM   #12
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

http://www.ronjuckett.com/FOFBC/index.php

If you get the multiplayer itch.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 07:05 PM   #13
rjolley
College Starter

You can import FBCB files into the current version of FBB.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 10:31 AM   #14
Icy
Pro Starter

Off topic, what happends with HeavyReign latelly? he hasn't posted at his forum for months, no news about fbb etc. I'm not complaning as he is still developing FBCB patches from time to time and supporting us at fofc forums that is a great thing from him after all this time since fbcb was released but i wonder if he finally quit from gamming development, i hope not as fbcb is one of the bets sims ever and i hope he can develop more wonders like this in the future.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote