Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-09-2005, 12:49 AM   #1
MikeVic
Head Coach

Baseball Clix?

I thought I saw a thread once about this game... but I can't find it. Does anyone play it, and do you find it fun?

The place here seems to sell the starter pack for a bit too much ($30 CDN), compared to the $8USD price tag I've seen with online stores.

Is this game supported at all, or is it dead... and do they have something like this for football, basketball, hockey, etc.?

MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 12:53 AM   #2
kingfc22
Head Coach

I played it when it first came out. Game is WAY too defensive. No scoring at all. I sold all my pieces before the 2nd set came out so I'm not sure if it improved any since then.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:17 AM   #3
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Some of my friends played it, but I have to agree with MikeVic...not enough scoring at all. Knowing WhizKids, they've revamped the rules a couple of hundred times so that issue has probably been addressed.

I would wait until I had a buddy from the US buy them for you, though.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 04:42 PM   #4
MikeVic
Head Coach

I've now been reading the same thing as kingfc said. And that almost no one plays it anymore. I don't want to buy something that won't get new players or anything. I also read that the boosters were crappy, since you can get doubles of people from the starter sets. That sounds really dumb.

I've been reading about HeroClix though... maybe I'll give it a shot. Although I hope you don't have to paint them yourself, and that it's not expensive.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:42 PM   #5
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic
I've now been reading the same thing as kingfc said. And that almost no one plays it anymore. I don't want to buy something that won't get new players or anything. I also read that the boosters were crappy, since you can get doubles of people from the starter sets. That sounds really dumb.

I've been reading about HeroClix though... maybe I'll give it a shot. Although I hope you don't have to paint them yourself, and that it's not expensive.

Heroclix is fun. Haven't played in a while, but I spent a good sum of money on them. And no, you don't have to paint them. Yes, they can get expensive.
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 05:11 PM   #6
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71
Heroclix is fun. Haven't played in a while, but I spent a good sum of money on them. And no, you don't have to paint them. Yes, they can get expensive.

VERY expensive. i actually played Heroclix with my son a few weeks ago. It's such a fun game. Addictive as hell though.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:14 PM   #7
MikeVic
Head Coach

Decided to followup on this thread...

Bought Marvel Universe and DC Icons starter sets today... my girlfriend has agreed to try it out with me. Played one quick game with quick rules (3 on 3 with the Marvel starter set), and I lost. Stupid game.

It was so fun though. Can't wait to play with full rules, make actual teams, etc. Maybe I shouldn't have started now with a loan to pay off and all.... but eh. This is fun.