Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-26-2005, 02:48 PM   #1
mgadfly
High School Varsity

Another Computer Purchasing Question

I don't have a lot of money, but word around the house is that once I accept a post-graduation job I can purchase a new computer. I don't play a lot of graphics based computer games, but I like to get a game every now and then (other than the text based games that I enjoy a lot).

What I am wondering, is what computer will fit my purposes for a reasonably low amount of money.

-I'd like to be able to play most games, but am not too concerned about sound or graphics

-I need it to work with while at home, but most of that work is in Word or Excel.

-I want to be able to record high school basketball games and then make copies of them on DVD (I'd also like to be able to receive a DVD of a HS Basketball game and burn another copy of it). It would be great to be able to edit the DVD of the game somehow (not sure if there are programs that work well for this).

-I also want to be able to watch those games for scouting purposes, so the monitor probably needs to be at least 17 inches.

Anyone have any suggestions on what types of DVD drives I need, what processor would work the best, if I need anything extra, and if there are any programs that'd work well for editing?

Thanks for any help.

mgadfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 03:50 PM   #2
Desnudo
Coordinator

If you want to watch and edit DVDs, you'll still need a good graphics card.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote