Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-25-2005, 10:10 PM   #1
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Tony Hawk's Underground 2

If you havent heard of Tony Hawks Pro Skater series, get out from under your rock please. That being said, can this game continue the legacy of THPS? Unfortunately not.

Every generation has added more bells and whistles to the game. However, this year I felt they spent too much time on this, and not enough on the core gameplay. I really liked Underground 1 and its Career mode, where you rise to fame. The career mode in this game, mirrors the MTV show Viva La Bam, which sucks IMHO. There are too many missions that involve running, jumping, hanging, and spray painting. Now you have to throw tomatoes and pedestrians, spray-paint walls, and drive stupid gurneys. I really hope they revamp this for the next version.

Now I could overlook that if the levels really stood out, unfortunately they are sub par. The levels seem small, compared to Underground 1, and remind me of the levels in THPS4. They all seem kind of bland, like they spent all of the development time on the story mode.

The sound effects are there, but nothing special to write home about.

They added the ability to do a stickerplant, which is like a wall tap. I think they really have reached the limit with what they can do with the skating.

Overall, I think this game needs to get back to its roots. I felt that Underground 1 was the best version to date. This game trys to take a step foward, but instead takes 2 steps back. I hope the next version will offer improved level design, and a better story mode.

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!

Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 06:58 PM   #2
Airhog
Captain Obvious

This is my final followup post. I played the game quite a bit, actually playing in Classic mode made this game really enjoyable. I still think that Underground 1 was a better game, but this game isnt quite as bad as I first thought..

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote