Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-24-2005, 06:00 PM   #1
condors
College Starter

Being Billy King-tpb2005 Sixers Dynasty

This is my 2nd attempt at a Sixers Dynasty with TPB2005.

I look over the roster and see some bad contracts

Point guards:
Kevin Ollie 1.5/1.5 rating unable to trade due to his contract, we are stuck with him for 4 years as a bench player (currently has 6 handling 4 passing which is his potential)
John Salmons 2/2.5 he is a point guard but only has a 2 for his current passing ability, i like his 6-7" height but he is a disaster running the point. Will play some minutes and maybe be usefull if he reaches his 6 handling 4 passing potential.

With these two guys i sign 35 year old veteran Robert Pack who has a 7 handling and 7 passing 2.5/2.5 overall rating. He will step right in and run the point hopefully will mesh well with Allen Iverson.

Shooting Guards:
Allen Iverson 5/5 signed to a max contract for the next 5 seasons, the teams best player 29 years old hopefully we can win some in the 5 seasons(although i kinda doubt a title is in his future with the sixers)

Aaron Mckie 2.5/2.5 horrible contract will be making 7 million in the 4th year of his deal and will be 36 years old then. He is a great backup guard though will be the first guard off the bench will allow allen to run the point at times with him playing the 2 guard spot. Try to work a 3 guard rotation with Ollie and Salmons getting garbage minutes.

I cut Willie Green, Kedrick Brown, and Kyle Korver they were on the last years of their deals and didn't fit into the future plans.(maybe they can be a bench player someplace else)

small forward:

Glenn Robinson 3.5/3.5-the #2 option on offense this season. I am not his biggest fan i have seen him shoot 2 for 12 on way too many nights and his lack of defensive skills will limit his minutes. He is on the last year of his contract and i doubt he will resign with us for what i feel he is worth.

Andre Iguodala-2.5/3.5 20 years old a bright spot here Has the potential to be a defensive stopper (9 potential current 6) he will be getting alot of minutes to help his development and i am considering starting him from game 1.

Corliss Williamson 2.5/2.5 is a decent bench player with a horrible contract. I have him for 3 years. (will be on the injured list until someone gets injured)

Power Forwards:
Kenny Thomas 3.5/3.5 not a bad player although a little undersized we have him for 6 years to a contract that another team will not take on.

with no backup power forward (corliss williamson was an option here i was going to sign veteran defensive pressence bo outlaw but I sign 26 year old

Markus Fizer 3/3.5 he isn't a great player but should be able to give quality minutes off the bench and if he has a good year of development he may even give us 24 minutes a night along with Kenny Thomas to keep them both fresh.

Center:

Samuel Dalembert 2.5/3.5 is only 23 will be getting the starting job as i want to give him as many minutes as possible to help his development. 8 defense 8 shotblocking along with 7 for offensive and defensive rebounding along with inside shooting and 5 scoring, could be a solid center for a long time if he reaches that potential.

Brian Skinner 3/3 a bit undersized but can give us some minutes at the 4 and 5 spots

mark Jackson 2.5/2.5 he is never happy in this role and is always looking to get traded problem is no other team is interested in his contract. I will try to get him enough minutes to keep him happy but i have never succeded in that. We normally are stuck with an unhappy player for 3 years. He isn't that bad a player but the available minutes are not enough for his liking.

condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 06:15 PM   #2
condors
College Starter

our first game is against the Celtics

PG-Gary Payton 4.5/4.5 umm he is pretty good advantage Celtics
SG-Ricky Davis 3.5/3.5 decent player, bad personality advantage Sixers
SF-Paul Pierce 5/5 star player big advantage Celtics
PF-Mark Blount 3/3 decent player advantage Sixers
C-Raef LaFrentz 3/3 decent player advantage Celtics(Dalembert only a 2.5)
total basketballs rating:19 vs 16 for the Sixers
6th man Jiri Welsch 2.5/3.5 vs Glenn Robbinson 3.5/3.5
7th man Al Jefferson 2/3.5 vs Aaron Mckie 2.5
8th man Tom Gugliotta 2/2 vs Brian Skinner 3/3

We definatly have the better bench with a 2.5 basketball advantage

Hopefully Allen Iverson and co can get their starters in foul trouble. Their front court is not very strong espcially after the 2 starters.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:37 PM   #3
condors
College Starter

on defense i move allen iverson to guard Gary Peyton and going to start the game letting Iguodala see how he can handle Pierce 1 on 1 the double team may come though. Less than 6 minutes into the game and Iguodala picks up his 2nd foul on comes Glenn Robinson and the big dog will need help guarding Pierce (Iguodala did hold him to 1-3 from the field though). Third quater Iguodala sees his minutes get lessened again as he picks up his 3rd foul (not the debut i was hoping for). Sixers go into the lockeroom with a 49-40 lead. Dalembart and Robinson leading the way with 10 points each. Pierce has 13 and Payton has 11 for the Celtics. The 3rd quater was a disaster. Pierce gets 8 points and Iguodala gets his 4 foul in about 1 minute. I am going to put Mckie on Pierce he has an 8 for his defense rating it may help. It seems to help alot and despite Iverson having a terrible night going 5-24 the Sixers get a 91-89 win. Kenny Thomas had 23 points and 13 rebounds Kenny Thomas stole the ball from Ricky Davis feeding Dalembert on the break for the slam dunk and the winning basket.

Last edited by condors : 01-24-2005 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:24 AM   #4
condors
College Starter

Samuel Dalambert gets a sprained toe and will be out for 2 days

our next game is against the Suns they are ranked #1 in the power rankings (the sixers are ranked 14th)

pg-steve nash 5/5
sg-joe johnson 3.5/4
sf-shawn marion 5/5
pf-amoure stoudemire 4.5/5
c-steven hunter 2.5/3
6th man quinton richardson 3.5/3.5
7th man jake voskuhl 2/2.5
8th man leandro barbosa 2/3.5

this should be a loss they have 3 stars (nash, marion and stoudemire vs our 1)
Hopefully we can pull off an upset here.

Allen Iverson goes off 15 of 30 for 36 points Kenny Thomas adds another 21 for a 115-107 upset for the Sixers.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:19 AM   #5
condors
College Starter

our next game sees the Sixers(2-0) vs Pistons(1-1)

pg Chauncey Billups
sg-Richard Hamilton
sf-Tayshaun Prince
pf-Rasheed Wallace
c-Ben Wallace

These guys are good. I will have to work the matchups and hope for another upset. Dalamebert is still not ready to go.

Well the detroit defense was too much as they win 96-86. It wasn't pretty Kenny Thomas and Allen Iverson had been our offense in the first 2 games shot a combined 12 of 35. That will not win many games.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:37 AM   #6
condors
College Starter

day 8 sees the Sixers(2-1) vs Knicks(1-1) they are 12th in the power rankings to our 15th. It should be a close game. Hopefully we can pull this one out. Dalembert returns to the starting lineup back from injury.

pg-Stephon Marbury 5/5
sg-Jamal Crawford 3.5/3.5
sf-alan houston 3.5/3.5
pf-Kurt Thomas 3.5/3.5
c-jerome williams 3/3

6th man tim thomas 3/3
7th man nahr mohammed 2.5/2.5
8th man anfernee hardaway 2.5/2.5

they have Marbury and a bunch of other guys like we have iverson and a bunch of other guys with no real stars.

Our first real ugly game we get blown out 105-72 Ollie Salamons and Fizer got to play some minutes we were down 24 at halftime and was hopefull we could start the 3rd quater with a nice run but that never happened. 4th quater the bench emptied to get guys like Salmons, Ollie and Fizer minutes.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:59 AM   #7
condors
College Starter

Nets(1-3) vs Sixers(2-2) they are ranked 21st in the power rankings while we fall to 19th. Glenn Robinson gets injuried and i put him on the ir list and bring corliss williamson off it.

Jason Kidd is injuried so we may have a chance here.

pg-Zoran Planinic 2.5/3.5
sg-ron mercer 3/3
sf-richard jefferson 4/4.5
pf-brian scalabrine 3/3
c-alonzo morning 3/3

6th man rodney buford 2.5/2.5
7th man jamari smith 2.5/3
8th man jason collins 2.5/3

not a bad bench but richard jefferson is the only guy that does much for me.(course i could say Allen Iverson is the only guy who does much for me on my team)

we win 90-85 iverson had 21 pack had 14 thomas added 13 mark jackson had 10 (getting some of dalamert minutes as he got into foul trouble).

It is nice to get a win after 2 losses.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:18 AM   #8
condors
College Starter

Sixers(3-2) vs Pacers(1-4)
the pacers are hurting with Stephen Jackson(3.5/3.5) and Jermaine O'Neal(5/5) injured

pg Jamal tinsley 3/3
sg reggie miller 2.5/2.5
sf ron artest 4.5/4.5
pf jeff foster 2.5/2.5
c david harriosn 2.5/3.5

6th man scott pollard 2/2
7th man austin croshere 2/2
8th man jonathon bender 2/2
9th man anthony johnson 2/2

without jackson and o'neal we should be able to get a win here.

ouch a devistating 104-65 loss

reggie miller and ron artest ate us for lunch, their defensive display (or our inept offensive display) was heartbreaking.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:35 AM   #9
condors
College Starter

we have glenn robinson back but aaron mckie is nursing a sore wrist Corliss Williamson goes back on the ir.

Magic(0-6) vs Sixers(3-3)

pg steve francis 4/4
sg cuttino mobley 3.5/3.5
sf grant hill 4/4
pf dwight howard 3/5
c kelvin cato 3/3

6th man hidayet turkoglu 3/3
7th man andrew declerq 2.5/2.5
8th man jameer nelson 2.5/3

I am not sure how these guys are 0-6 but i hope they don't get their first win against us.

Close game neither team had a double digit lead the whole way.

Magic 89 Sixers 86

2 seconds left i call a 3 point play for pack to get it to iverson but we fail to get the shot off. I want to punch someone in the face. 2 second down by 3 i can deal with missing a 3 pointer but i can't deal with not getting a shot off.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:49 AM   #10
condors
College Starter

some free agents found new homes

Bulls sign C Sean Rooks
Kings sign PF Anthony Mason
Nets sign SG Isaiah Rider
Bulls sign SG Kendel Gill

I am very worried about the team right now. I don't like what i am seeing out there. I make some calls but frustrated by teams telling me that they are unwilling to take on the contracts of most of my players. Robinson is the only player that i may be able to get something done with. I will keep my eyes and ears open.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:09 AM   #11
condors
College Starter

Sixers(3-4) vs Seattle (4-3)

pg ronald murray 2.5/3
sg ray allen 4.5/4.5
sf rashard lewis 4/4
pf danny fortson 3/3
c vitaly potapenko 2/2

6th man vladimir radmanovic 3/3.5
7th man antonio daniels 2/2
8th man mateen cleeves 2/3

this team needs help at the center and point guard postions (probally the 2 most important postions imho)

Sixers 105 Seattle 98 in overtime i was hoping for something more but i will take the win anyway i can get them.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:24 AM   #12
condors
College Starter

Spurs(7-0) vs Sixers(4-4)

pg tony parker 3.5/3.5
sg emanuel ginnobili 3/4
sf brent barry 3/3
pf tim duncan 5/5
c radoslav nesterovic 3/3

6th man bruce bowen 3/3
7th man robert horey 2.5/2.5
8th man mike wilkes 2/2.5
they also have malik rose 2.5/2.5

definatly not a team i want to see when i am trying to get above .500

A win here could do alot for my confidence in these guys.

I get up by double digits and put in my best defensive team on the floor Ollie, Mckie, Iguodala, Skinner and Dalambert San Antonio is unable to muster a comeback we get a 97-89 win. Ollie has a chance to get some minutes although i still am not thrilled with his ball skills defense rating of 7 is nice to have off the bench.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:53 AM   #13
condors
College Starter

Sixers(5-4) vs Heat(6-4)

pg dwayne wade 3.5/4
sg eddie jones 4/4
sf damon jones 2/2
pf christian lattener 2.5/2.5
c shaquille o'neal 5/5

6th man udonis haslem 2/3
7th man wesley person 2/2
8th man malik allen 2/2.5

they have a definate hole at the small forward postion, Eddie Jones a stud defensive player would have to be in the deal for Glenn Robinson after a few offers Glenn Robinson and John Salmons for Eddie Jones. I couldn't be happier Eddie Jones is a personal friend of Aaron Mckie and Mark Jackson 3 former temple players who workout together in the offseason. Glenn Robinson's lack of defense and poor attitude was not welcomed here. Hopefully we can show them why he was available tonight.

Well Robinson doesn't do much for their cause but that Shaq guy tore us up getting Dalambert and Jackson in foul trouble getting 36 points and 16 rebounds

91-79 win for the Heat
Old 01-25-2005, 08:05 AM   #14
condors
College Starter

a rematch vs the celtics Sixers lose 90-87

andre inguodala gets hurt so we sign Bo Outlaw 2.5/2.5 from the free agent pile. I was going to sign him at the start of the season but went with fizer instead. I don't expect anything stellar but should give up good defensive minutes off the bench when called on.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:15 AM   #15
condors
College Starter

a game with washington sees the sixers edge them out 94-92 in overtime Eddie Jones leading the way with 21. Iverson 17 Thomas 16 is a nice 1-2-3 combo.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:51 AM   #16
condors
College Starter

we finish the first month with a 101-91 win over the Magic

The 2nd month

we open with 93-72 loss to the Spurs

Follow that with a 104-99 loss to the Grizzlies

Add another 98-88 loss to the Rockets

114-91 win over the Hawks

91-75 win over the Timberwolves

96-86 loss to the Bulls

105-97 loss to the Bucks

112-91 win over the Nuggets

98-97 win over the Knicks

103-100 loss to the Bucks

98-94 loss to the Jazz

99-85 loss to the Pacers

100-76 loss to the Trailblazers

we go 4-9 for a terrible 2nd month of the season

Corllis Willamson and Mark Jackson are grumbling about being unhappy.

Welcome to the club
Old 01-25-2005, 09:35 AM   #17
condors
College Starter

If anyone can explain to me how to get the html reports posted on the forum that would be a great help.

I finish the season 39-43 i slide into the back door of the playoffs i don't expect to win any rounds the way the team played.

We have the Heat in the first round they went 50-32 in the regular season for the third best record in the east behind Indiana(52 wins) and Detroit(51 wins)

We manage to pull off the upset beating them in 5 games but Robert Pack and Bo Outlaw both are injured. Our bench just got alot shorter.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:41 AM   #18
condors
College Starter

We sweep the Bucks as the team is playing how i thought it would all season. Iverson Jones Igoudala Thomas and Dalambert with Pack Mckie Fizer Outlaw and Skinner coming off the bench.

We are healthy and will need to be. We have the Pacers in the conferance finals.

The Pacers are too much for us and we go down in 5 games.

I was very dissapointed in the regular season but we played well in the post season. Hopefully i will be able to add to the talent pool in the offseason.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:46 AM   #19
condors
College Starter

the Pacers win the title over the Timberwolves

Kevin Garrnett adds an MVP and Defensive Player of the Year trophies

Emeka Okafor is the Rookie of the Year

Nene Hillario gets 6th man of the year

Flip Saunders of the Timberwolves gets coach of the year

Andre Iguodala is all rookie 2nd team small forward. No other Awards for the Sixers.

The Charlotte Bobcats win the draft lottery. Wonder if they are interested in a trade
Old 01-25-2005, 10:14 AM   #20
condors
College Starter

luckliy the draft is deep with point guards. We move up a few spots to take a flyer on 19 year old point guard Terry Sawyer his current ball handling of 2 scares me to death right now, he has some potential but i like alot less than my scouts did. He is also only 5-11 so that could be a matchup problem down the road. Looking at him i can see why he slid in the draft.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:24 AM   #21
condors
College Starter

we resign most of our own players and bring in:

SF Adrian Griffin 31 years old who is a defensive presence at the small forward spot(defensive rating 9) he is only a 2/2 rated guy but a nice bench player.

C DeSagana Diop 23 year old 7-0 300 pound Center, 1.5/3 currently rated 7 in defense and has potential to go to 9.

I tried to use an expection to get Donell Marshell to come to Philadelphia but it never happened.

Ollie(1.5/1.5), Sawyer(3/4.5) and Pack(2/2) are our point guards

Iverson(5/5) Mckie(2.5/2.5) and Jones(3.5/3.5) are our shooting guards

Iguodala(2.5/3.5) and Griffin(2/2) are our small forwards

Kenny Thomas(3.5/3.5) and Bo Outlaw(2.5/2.5) are our power forwards

Samuel Dalembert(3/3.5), Brian Skinner(3/3) and DeSagana Diop(1.5/3) are our centers

Ollie will start the season on IR.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:39 AM   #22
condors
College Starter

we win 34 games and Allen Iverson is demanding a trade now.

we actually have 11 players under contract for next season and will be looking to find a power forward to replace the aging Bo Outlaw, hopefully a defensive and rebounding monster. I would say slip down to us but we have a lottery pick here.

We saw a power forward we wanted but ended up trading up for a 6-10 Center (who my scouts said has a 5 potential).

Our point guard we drafted last year looks better this year. He will be starting along with Iverosn, Jones, Thomas, and i am torn between Dalambert and the rookie. They will have to battle it out for now. Igoudala Mckie and Skinner will also come off the bench for us. I really like our bench. I am not sure why the team only won 34 games last season i was expecting much better.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:41 AM   #23
condors
College Starter

we are 2-8 that is not acceptable. I look at possible deals for Allen Iverson he is not playing well and demanding a trade. I put our 34 win season squarely on his back. Grant Hill is in the last year of his contract and can fill a role for us this season. We bring in a guy who is a model professional and the post Iverson era begins.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:13 PM   #24
condors
College Starter

My attempt to fix the team didn't help as we win only 28 games. I decieded to start Nester Estevaz(the center i drafted) and he did win rookie of the year. I got a couple emails telling me i am genius as he is better than expected. I may seem a bit harsh but if this kid is so good why did we win 28 freaking games. We were the 2nd worst team in the entire league. Simply put this team needs alot of changes.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:21 PM   #25
condors
College Starter

we get the guy we wanted to get last year 18 year old 6-9 power forward Andrew Jozen we trade up a spot to get him and i don't know why but he was considered the 2nd best Power Forward in the mock draft while the other guy may have had 5 potienal as well he is not the rebounder this guy is. Last year i felt i got the best possible player i could, this year i feel i got the best possible player period.(i was unhappy with the first year draft when it was over)
Old 01-25-2005, 01:14 PM   #26
condors
College Starter

i guess i lost my last reply somehow.

I was able to bring in 3 players in free agency PG Jammeer Nelson(2.5/3) SG Dajaun Wagner(2.5/3) SF Tayshaun Prince(3/3) i am very happy although i missed out on the stars. I am not sure that Wagner and Prince are an upgrade for the aging Jones Hill combo that was unable to win games last season. I do know that Jammeer Nelson will be able to give me quality minutes at the point i wasn't getting before.

This years team:

point guards:
Kevin Ollie 1/1 last year of his contract at 35 years old what little skill he had has left him
Jameer Nelson(2.5/3) I am thrilled to bring him to Philly. His 7 handling and passing is very nice to have 25 years old and signed for 6 years.
Terry Sawyer (4/4) 21 years old my first draft pick i traded up to get him 4 handling 6 passing is a bit low for a point guard but he does have 10 for stealing to make up for it.

shooting guards:
Aaron Mckie(2/2) 35 years old last year of contract. I like him but this is his last year in a Sixers uniform. Can still give some decent minutes off the bench but his skills are declining.

Dajaun Wagner(2.5/3) signed a 6 year deal at 24 years old i see him being the long term backup 2 guard but will start this season.

small forward:
andre iguodala(3/3.5) in the last year of contract may or may not be back next year. I like him but he isn't a star. His greed will determine his future.

Tayshaun Prince(3/3) a solid backup small forward to be sure with iguodala gives us a nice 1-2 punch to keep both of their legs fresh the whole game.

power forward:
Andrew Jonzen (3.5/5) I love this kid at 18 years old. i think he can be a hall of famer. He lead the summer league in rebounding. He is everything i look for in a rookie.

Kenny Thomas(3.5/3.5) has 3 years left on his contract. Will give us quality minutes as a backup power forward. May very well be the best backup power forward in the league.

Center:
Nester Estevez(5/5) 6-10 Center 21 years old was a breakout player for me although he wasn't the postion i wanted he was the best talent i could get.
Right now i am lucky to have taken him and it was the steal of last years draft. (With Jonzen this year i believe it may be the best 2 back to back draft picks i have ever made in close to 200 drafts)

Samuel Dalembert (3/3.5) very good backup center but made some rumblings last season when he wasn't starting hopefully i will be able to keep him happy as i think i may have the best 4 man post rotation in the league

DeSagana Diop (2/2) he isn't a star but he is a 7 foot body that plays good defense (8), hasn't complained about playing time and plays for league min. He is exactly the guy you want to have if someone gets into foul trouble.

my backcourt may not scare many teams but i am sure my frontcourt does. If Nelson Sawyer Wagner and Mckie can get the job done i may be able to do something this year. I honestly feel this is the best team i have brought to the table so far.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:58 PM   #27
condors
College Starter

That was a team i thought should win 50 games. They ended up winning 36 and for the third straight year our postseason revolves around ping pong balls. My depth above stars theory didn't work very well this past season. I like my front court. I need to try to get a 4+ rated sg and small forward. If i can do that i may have something here. I honestly think the best i may be able to do is get one with potential in the draft and maybe get an upgrade to 3.5 in free agency. I will definatly get the best player available in the draft regardless of postion. I also will be trading up as high as possible as usual but that is usually just a spot or two.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:02 PM   #28
Swaggs
Coordinator

Did you do Hill for Iverson straight up?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 02:28 PM   #29
condors
College Starter

at the end of the day i feel i got my man 24 year old SG Kazimir Onopco 3.5/4. Sure i would have liked a guy with 5 potential but that was not happening at this pick. He is already ready to play and i don't want another offseason of counting ping pong balls.

In the free agent market we try unsuccefully to land any improvements at small forward. Iguodala though signs a 7 year 28 million dollar contract(he was our 4th choice as 3 other guys with higher potential signed with other teams)

We also sign Beno Udrih(2.5/3) to be our 5th guard we really don't miss a beat with him stepping in for minutes due to injury.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:32 PM   #30
condors
College Starter

in regards to the hill for iverson trade:

i got a an extra 2nd round pick but i used that to trade up in the next draft.

Iverson wanted out and was not playing well(unhappy players don't play well)

I am not unhappy with the results although i wish i could have signed a big name free agent this year, with Sawyer's contract coming up i am not sure how much cap room i will have if i resign him(which is far from certain at this point).
Old 01-25-2005, 02:47 PM   #31
condors
College Starter

the 2008 Sixers:

point guard:
Terry Sawyer(4/4) he doesn't have the best handle(4) but i like the stealing ability(10) last year of his contract and 22 years old. Future is uncertain at this point.

Jameer Nelson(2.5/3) i like him as the backup point guard he is still only 26 years old

Beno Udrih(2.5/3) looks very similar to Jamer Nelson i have no issues with him stepping in due to injuries.(definate upgrade over Ollie)

shooting guard:
Kazmir Onopco(3.5/4) 24 year old Russian rookie. He is a definate upgrade over mckie. I like he defense (7) and steals (7) hopefully will cause alot of turnovers with Sawyer.

Dajuan Wagner(2.5/2.5) was forced into service as a starter but is a solid backup shooting guard.

Small Forward:
Andre Igoudala(3/3.5) he isn't a star but is solid defensive player still only 24 years old
Tayshaun Prince(3/3) 28 years old will give us quality minutes at the 3 spot every game.

Power Forward:
Andrew Jonzen(4/5) 19 years old he is 6'9" of mvp type talent hopefully he continues to get better

Kenny Thomas(3.5/3.5) 31 years old 2 years left on his contract he is more than capable of being a backup power forward in the league.

Center:
Nester Estevez(5/5) my steal in the draft a couple seasons ago, he has exceeded expecations hopefully this season it will show in the standings. 22 years old and has everything in front of him for the taking.

Samuel Dalembert(3/3) 27 years old is a solid backup center. Hopefully he remains happy with his minutes.

Desaga Diop (2/2) 26 years old and still happy riding the pine he could have a long career as a cheerleader.

Last edited by condors : 01-25-2005 at 02:48 PM.
Old 01-25-2005, 02:58 PM   #32
condors
College Starter

I think the team has improved some but i thought we were good enough last season and we weren't. I would like to think we are good enough this season but i honestly have no clue(just look at my past performances). I honestly feel i have done exceptional in the draft but it hasn't meant a darn thing in our record.

I feel our 5 starters as good as anyones and i feel our bench could be the best in the league. We are 8th in the power rankings which is the highest preseason ranking i have gotten. Houston is ranked 1st. for comparison they have 41 current basketball rating vs our 38.5 so i guess they may be better but not by that much(yao ming and tracey mcgrady are both rated as 5's and 21 year old 6-10 small forward Archie davis is rated 4.5, kris humpries is a 4 and andre miller is a 3.5 to round out their starting 5)

Last edited by condors : 01-25-2005 at 02:58 PM.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:47 PM   #33
condors
College Starter

I KNOW NOTHING!!!

I don't understand it. That team won 31 games. Good enough for last in our divsion. Our scoring is 4th worst in the league. Our FG% is 4th best. So that can be explain with a slow paced offense. Except we our 2nd worst in turnovers per game.

Basically i am blaming our poor ball handling point guard who gives us 4 turnovers every game. I could be wrong but i am renouncing his contract and will try to bring in the best free agent i can and/or draft someone who can fit the bill.
Old 01-25-2005, 03:50 PM   #34
Swaggs
Coordinator

Maybe you can get something for him in a trade?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 03:51 PM   #35
condors
College Starter

hey Nestor Estevez actually made all nba 3rd team center behind Yao Ming and Ben Wallace. Kazimir Onopco made all rookie 1st team but that isn't unusal for a lottery pick that is a starter.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:02 PM   #36
condors
College Starter

I thought about trading him but it would have to be a sign and trade. I am not sure who or what i can get for him as he will get money from somebody. I will renounce his contract and offer the max i can for the best possible point guard. I certainly don't want to get stuck with a guy making a ton of money for a long time that i don't want running the offense.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:15 PM   #37
condors
College Starter

In the draft i move up 1 spot to the #2 pick overall and while i wasn't in love with any point guards there was a 21 year old 6'10" small forward who i like best of all and he wasn't taken #1. He also was the #1 choice in the mock draft. and the MVP of the summer league. Glendon Henrik try on that Sixer uniform.

Free agency was great a saw a 25 year old point guard (who i missed out on orginally) he was looking for a max contract which was above what i could offer but his team wasn't offering him anything either. So i laid out the 6 year 54 million dollar offer(max i could offer) and he took a while to agree to it but Colt Fisher is now a Sixer (6 handling, 9 passing, 8 defense 4.5 overall rating)

our former point guard got a 6 year 37 million dollar contract. more than i would have offered him.

Once again i am thrilled with how the offseason went.

Can it finally make a difference in the win column?
Old 01-25-2005, 04:33 PM   #38
condors
College Starter

2009 Sixers roster:

point guards:
Colt Fisher(4.5/5) 6' 4" 25 years old signed a 6 year deal hopefully he delivers the goods, he looks like an upgrade to me.

Jameer Nelson(2.5/3)6' 0" 27 years old signed for 4 more years, he is a solid backup point guard

Beno Udrih(2.5/3) 5' 11" 27 years old last year of contract, he is as good a 3rd option as you can have here

shooting guards:
Kazimir Onopco(3.5/4) 6' 3" 25 years old 3 years left on contract
Dejuan Wagner(2.5/2.5) 6'2" 26 years old 4 years left on contract

small forwards:
Glendon Hendrik(4/5) 6'10" 21 years old 4 years left on contract
Andre Iguodala(3.5/3.5) 6'6" 25 years old 6 years left on contract
Tayshaun Price(3/3) 6'9" 29 years old 4 years left on contract (worried he will become upset at loss of minutes)

power forwards:
Andrew Jonzen(4.5/5) 6'9" 20 years old 2 years left on contract
Kenny Thomas(3.5/3.5) 6'7" 32 years old last year of contract

centers:
Nestor Estevez(5/5) 6'10" 23 years old last year of contract, i lucked into him and will have to give him big bucks to keep him, i think he is worth it though (currently my best player)
Samuel Dalembert(3/3) 6'11" 28 years old 3 years left on contract, solid
DeSagana Diop(2/2) 7'0" 27 years old 4 years left on contract will start the season on the injuried list.

The power rankings have us ranked #1 but it didn't mean squat last season!

Last edited by condors : 01-25-2005 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:31 AM   #39
condors
College Starter

we get near the trade deadline and pg Beno Urdh and SG Dejuan Wagner are demanding trades. They have been on the trading block but i have no offers. I try to work out some deals but nothing happens. I cut them both. I sign free agent point guard Will Long who is similar in talent hopefully will stay happy on the bench. It allows me to have Igoudala play backup minutes at the 2 and Prince to get backup minutes at the 3. I think that will actually help the team.

the team record is 23-31, its got to get better
Old 01-26-2005, 02:34 AM   #40
condors
College Starter

we end winning 36 games which is an improvement over last year but still good enough for last in our division(although 42 wins would have gotten us into the playoffs). Another lottery pick.

Sixers Center Nestor Estevez was all league 2nd team 19.2 points per game 9,9 rebounds per game 1.9 assists .7 blocks and .5 steals

Glendon Hendrik was all rookie first team small forward 11.4 points 6.8 rebounds 2.1 assists .1 blocks .9 steals

this years draft class looks pretty good accourding to my staff. 1 point guard, 2 centers and 3 small forwards i would like to get(the point guard espcially). Things don't go exactly as the mock draft said it would. I trade up a couple places and get one of the small forwards(i now have 4 on my roster but i wanted to get the best possible player and these guys stood out above the rest)

In free agency i resign c-Nestor Estevez to a 7 year 56 million contract. He will be a Sixer for a long time.

I also sign 27 year old 6'3" point guard George Worrell to a 1 year league min deal. He will only get limited minutes but not a bad player (2.5/3 with a current defense rating of 8)
Old 01-26-2005, 10:27 AM   #41
condors
College Starter

I honestly know less about this game now then when i started the dynasty.

a couple of bench players are all that changed from last season to this season and i won 51 games for 1st place in the division.

I did get the well chief you done it again about my draft pick. He is definatly a nice player but Kenny Thomas was a more than capable backup power forward(this guy is a small forward playing out of postion).

Well i am very happy to get the top seed in the Eastern Conferance I just wish i had a decent understanding why this team isn't much different than the one that won 36. Maybe one day i will figure it out.
Old 01-26-2005, 10:59 AM   #42
condors
College Starter

Our first round oppennent is the Atlanta Hawks(41-41)
pg-carl pearson(3.5/4) 3rd year pro 4 handling 6 passing 6 scoring 5 defense
sg-Boris Diaw(3/3) 7 year pro 4 scoring 6 shooting 6 defense (thier normal starter anthony collins is hurt who is a 3.5/4.5 guy)
sf-they play 6'11" power forward John Larkin here(4/4.5) 10 for inside shooting 9 for defense 7 for scoring 2 for outside shooting 4 for def rebounding 8 for offensive rebounding 2 for shot blocking
pf-Atonie Walker 6'9"(5/5) 5 for inside and outside shooting 4 for free throws 8 for scoring 5 offensive rebounds 6 defense rebounds 3 for defense(here is a terrible 5 rated player has never shot 40% from the field or 70% from the free throw line, and can't play defense)
c-robert swift 7'0"(3/3) 7 inside shooting 7 offensive rebound 6 defensive rebounds 7 defense 7 shoot blocking 4 scoring and free throws 2 ball handling and 1 passing (if he gets the ball he better shoot)

ratings for my starting 5
pg colt fisher 6 handling 9 passing 7 defense 7 scoring 6 shooting and free throws
sg-kazimir onopco shooting 8, free throws 6, scoring 6, defense 7
sf-glendon hendrik shooting 5 free throws 4 scoring 9 defense 6 off rebound 10 def rebound 8
pf andrew jonzen scoring 7 inside shooting 9 free throw 5 offensive rebound 10 defensive rebound 9 defense 10 shot blocking 8 steals 8 (defensive monster i love this guy)
c-nestor estevez scoring 8, inside shooting 10, free throws 4, offensive rebounds 8, defensive rebounds 9, defense 4(i hate that) shot blocking 4

I think Jonzen is my best player but Nestor is the guy who wins awards at the end of the season(this year he did 21.3 points 11.3 rebounds i just wish he had better defense and shot blocking)

Emanuel Hooks my 2nd breakout rookie 6 shooting 4 free throws 8 scoring 5 offsive rebounds 6 defensive rebounds 7 defense 1 shot blocking 9 stealing

my only "weakness" may be Glendon Henrik he loves to shoot but he isn't very good at it, but he rebounds and plays decent defense so he does contribute to winning (unlike antonie walker who imho hurts more than helps)

(looking back at the post it looks pretty crappy maybe i shouldn't do a dynasty when i am sick)
Old 01-26-2005, 11:13 AM   #43
condors
College Starter

Game 1 we are up by 12 at the half and never look back 94-67 win for the Sixers. Jonzen had 22 points(in only 10 shots attempted) and 16 rebounds and was named player of the game.

Walker played 23 minutes due to foul trouble shot 1 for 10 (0 for 7 from 3 point range) 4 rebounds 3 turnovers and 3 points (exactly the kind of game why i don't like him, i had him on my team when i traded an unhappy Iverson for him and i couldn't wait to get rid of him)
Old 01-26-2005, 11:37 AM   #44
condors
College Starter

as much as i enjoyed Game 1 i hated game 2. We lose 90-85 Robert Swift is the player of the game

Robert Fisher had 16 points 10 assists and 7 turnovers(26 total for the team)

What the heck are these guys doing, the basketball is your friend, you are one with the ball.

good thing they don't allow firearms in the arena.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:53 AM   #45
condors
College Starter

game 3 is much better a 90-76 win for the Sixers

Antonie Walker was player of the game going 5 for 15 13 points 11 rebounds to go with his 3 turnovers

My starters only went 29 minutes(i called off the dogs) so their numbers got a little lessened. Hooks led all scorers with 16 on 5 of 10 shooting 5 rebounds 2 steals (i think he deserved player of the game)
Old 01-26-2005, 11:55 AM   #46
condors
College Starter

i find out after the game Samuel Dalembert and Jameer Nelson are both injured Dalembert will be out for 6 days and Nelson 8. I hope we don't get into foul trouble.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:08 PM   #47
condors
College Starter

Sixers 95 Hawks 88

Andrew Jonzen was player of the game with 15 points, 10 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 steals, 4 blocked shots(although he was only 5-12 from the floor)

Hendrick had a horrible game going 2 for 10 for 4 points, Hooks may have to replace him he had another good one going 7 for 9 from the field with 16 points 4 rebounds 1 steal Estevaz had 16 points and 12 rebounds as well.

we were down by 6 at the end of the first quater and still down by 5 at the half. We turned in on in the 3rd quater though, outscoring them 28-20 and finishing it with 20-15 in the fourth.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:22 PM   #48
condors
College Starter

Sixer 88 Hawks 82 Sixers advance Walker gets player of the game for going 9 of 20 for 21 points 8 rebounds 6 assits 2 steals , he also had 4 turnovers, Kazimir Onopco went 8 of 13 for 16 points to lead our team nobody played more than 28 minutes pretty much played 10 guys 24 minutes each and let Nelson and Dalembert heal on the end of the bench.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:35 PM   #49
condors
College Starter

we get the Bucks(47-35) next

pg Blake thomas(5/5) 8 scoring, 7 shooting, 4 free throws, 7 passing, 6 handling, 5 defense, to go with 10 stealing(he is a pretty good player)
sg-Michael Redd(4/4) 8 scoring, 7 shooting, 8 free throws, 7 defense
sf-andre miller(5/5) 10 scoring, 6 shooting 6 free throws, 6 defense, 5 off rebounding, 9 defensive rebounds
pf-tim duncan(5/5) scoring 8 7 inside shooting 5 free throws off rebounds 8 def rebounds 9, defense 10, shot blocking 8, (what idiot let him leave San Antonio even at 34 he is still awsome)
c-Nenad Krstic(3/3) scoring 5, inside shooting 5, free throws 5, off rebounds 5, def rebounds 6, defense 4 blocks 4,

I have to say i am impressed with this team, their center doesn't scare me but the other 4 guys are darn good, they do have Beno Udrih on their bench who was unhappy in a Sixer uniform and he is also demanding a trade along with 3 other guys on their bench (guess the assisstant coach has some serious b.o.)
Old 01-26-2005, 12:47 PM   #50
condors
College Starter

close game with 12 lead changes and 7 ties Sixers 102 Bucks 98
Andre Miller lead the scoring with 32 points and 9 rebounds. All 5 of my starters had double digits in a balanced attack.

This is going to be a tough series, Jameer Miller and Samuel Dalembert did return to action healed, hopefully we won't get any more injuries.