Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-11-2005, 01:45 AM   #1
Franklinnoble
Banned

It's too bad that Doug Christie reality show didn't start last week...

Quote:
washingtonpost.com
Magic Sends Mobley to Kings in Trade for Christie

Tuesday, January 11, 2005; Page D07

The Magic acquired Doug Christie from the Kings for Cuttino Mobley yesterday in a trade of guards intended to improve their defense and passing.

The Kings also received F Michael Bradley, who is on the injured list with a strained right hamstring.

The deal was announced at halftime of Orlando's game with the Celtics. Mobley, who had started 21 of his 23 games this season for the Magic, did not play yesterday and was replaced in the starting lineup by Stacey Augmon.

Christie is averaging 7.3 points, 4.9 assists and 4 rebounds in 31 games, all starts. Mobley is averaging 16 points, 2.7 rebounds and 1.8 assists. In eight games with the Magic, Bradley is averaging 0.8 points and 1.8 rebounds in 6.9 minutes per game.

I abhor reality TV, but I think I'd pay money to see Doug and Jackie's reaction to this news.

I'm a lukewarm Kings fan, so I don't have any real feeling about it. It'll be nice to drop that particular identity from the team, I think. Although I have no idea who Mobley is. His numbers look nice. And he's a lot younger than Christie.

Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 01:49 AM   #2
JeeberD
General Manager

Oh shit, Stevie Franchise is gonna be pissed that his lover is no longer on his team...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 02:52 AM   #3
Alf
Pro Starter

The thing is now the Kings don't have someone to defend on opposing guards.

Sure, Mobley can shoot, but he can't defend...... I suppose this is a move to get younger. I think you will regret Christie.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:23 AM   #4
Franklinnoble
Banned

Yeah, I don't know if this is a very smart move for the Kings, but Christie isn't getting any younger, and he's started to have some minor injury trouble, which is a bad sign.

I think they've given up on playing defense in Sacramento.

Personally, I think they need to trade Webber now that he's got some trade value, before he blows up another knee or something again.
Old 01-11-2005, 04:16 AM   #5
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
Yeah, I don't know if this is a very smart move for the Kings, but Christie isn't getting any younger, and he's started to have some minor injury trouble, which is a bad sign.

I think they've given up on playing defense in Sacramento.

Personally, I think they need to trade Webber now that he's got some trade value, before he blows up another knee or something again.

Im not sure anyone would take Webber, and give the kings anything resembling a reasonable player. The Knicks could send you some garbage players like Penny Hardaway that make a ton of money. But Webber makes pretty extreme dollars, and finding a salary match that also gives you a talented player isnt gonna be easy. Especially when CWebb has tended to miss a ton of games each year.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 12:07 PM   #6
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
Im not sure anyone would take Webber, and give the kings anything resembling a reasonable player. The Knicks could send you some garbage players like Penny Hardaway that make a ton of money. But Webber makes pretty extreme dollars, and finding a salary match that also gives you a talented player isnt gonna be easy. Especially when CWebb has tended to miss a ton of games each year.

Well, the Knicks are probably the only team that would go for it... send them C-Webb for a bunch of garbage players that are in the last years of their deals, then just reload in the offseason. That contract they gave him has been an anchor around the neck of the franchise for three years now.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:38 PM   #7
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Wait, there's a Doug Christie reality TV show?
Old 01-11-2005, 05:34 PM   #8
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
Wait, there's a Doug Christie reality TV show?
VH1 is in talks with the Christies about one. Nothing finalized yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Oh shit, Stevie Franchise is gonna be pissed that his lover is no longer on his team...
The heterolove is off the charts here. "I can't put it into words. Playing with a guy, living with a guy, just knowing that every day when I wake up that's something I can count on, that I'm going to be in practice or in a game with Cuttino. Him not being here is going to be tough for me. I don't know what I'm going to wake up for." --Steve Francis on the Cuttino Mobley trade
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote