Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-10-2005, 08:10 PM   #1
Pyser
Pro Rookie

Ping: Website Designers - I Need a website ASAP

So, this business I've been working with is about to start selling its product, and we need a website IMMEDIATELY. Does anyone know the best way to go about doing this in the next day or so....be it through some online place that sets it up for you, or even any designers on this board? We'd be willing to pay to set up a simple site (who is involved, what we do, examples of what we do, etc). Nothing fancy, just needed right away.

Just to be clear, we don't need an online store set up or anything that fancy; it's not that kind of product. It just needs to make us look legit, and let potential buyers know that we've done this stuff before. It's not a scam, I swear.

Please PM me if you have any ideas, or would like to step up yourself. I've been around here long enough to learn to trust people's recommendations, so if you guys know of someone on the board you think would do a good job, please drop me his name in this thread or over PM.

Thanks guys (and gals).

Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:13 PM   #2
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Just buy a webhosting package from someone that lets you do PHP/Mysql, and has an autoinstaller of like phpNuke or something in your built in control panel. You can set up a nice looking site in like 20 mins, and you'd have to almost be a retard to not be able to do it. And it looks professional also.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:18 PM   #3
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

A friend of a friend works for the people who do this

http://www.siteinasecond.com/

I can't really vouch for it one way or the other, but use it for what it is worth if it looks like it can help you.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:21 PM   #4
Pyser
Pro Rookie

thats an interesting site.

isnt $25 a month high, though?
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:24 PM   #5
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
... you'd have to almost be a retard to not be able to do it.
Remind me to put this on my resume.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:25 PM   #6
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyser
thats an interesting site.

isnt $25 a month high, though?

I have no idea, really. Like I said, I know that the business exists, and that is pretty much the extent to how I can help.

You may want to contact them right now and explain your situation. They are a small enough outfit that you may be able to work out a special deal for your specific needs. If someone is checking the email tonight, they might even be able to start ASAP. I really have no idea. It certainly won't hurt to ask. Though if I were you, I would keep working on a backup plan.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 12:39 AM   #7
JHandley
High School Varsity

If it is high, it's because you're paying for needing a website yesterday.
JHandley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 03:30 AM   #8
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Anderson Hughes at www.burningbulb.net designed my web site (www.benelou.com) and he also provided a place for FOFC to be during the extended board outage at no extra charge for bandwidth, even though we exceeded by monthly limit by six or seven times I think. If for no other reason than that, I'd hope some FOFCers would give him business. They have reasonable hosting plans and they can do designing pretty quickly, I think. Contact Anderson through support AT burningbulb.net, and tell him I (Ben Lewis) sent you. I know him personally; our wives work together.

--Ben