Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-09-2005, 08:47 PM   #1
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

OT: What Did I Miss?

I was on a cruise-ship for about a week. Can anyone give me a rundown of everything I missed? The only things I know from the past week are:

1. Terrible things that the tsunamis did (there was CNN on the boat)
2. RPI got ripped the fuck up.

So, with that said, what happened, on FOFC, and in the news, and sports, etc.?

Thanks in advance,
~rpi-fan

RPI-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 08:47 PM   #2
Joe
Pro Starter

we gots womens
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 08:56 PM   #3
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

women. and...babies. we're now a family-friendly board.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 09:00 PM   #4
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
I was on a cruise-ship for about a week. Can anyone give me a rundown of everything I missed? The only things I know from the past week are:

1. Terrible things that the tsunamis did (there was CNN on the boat)
2. RPI got ripped the fuck up.

So, with that said, what happened, on FOFC, and in the news, and sports, etc.?

Thanks in advance,
~rpi-fan

A quick rundown.

FOFC

1. lol...GWB hit it on the head. Bunch of girlfriends, wives and female sports aficionados have come out of the woodworks to join the forum this week. Go figure.

2. John Galt got pissy about some comments from others in an abortion thread and left the forum, saying he won't be back. Don't know yet whether to believe him.

3. We discovered SkyDog works out six times a week ti fit into his Patriotic Undies.

Sports

1. USC embarrassed OU in the Sugar Bowl to become nat'l champs of college football.

2. Randy Johnson is pretty much a Yankee now (not sure if it's really official yet, though).

3. Shawn Green will be a D'Back by Monday (probably).

4. Jets, Rams, Vikings and Colts won playoff games this weekend, with Moss fake-mooning the Lambeau crowd.

5. Fed judge says Jermaine O'Neal doesn't have to serve the rest of his suspension, so he's officialyl back on the court for good.

6. Canada beat Russia badly for the World Juniors championship after Russia showed up the U.S. in a classless way in the semifinals.

7. The NHL owners canceled their meeting this week, which means the season may not necessarily get canceled this week, but otherwise doesn't really seem to mean a darn thing for getting the players back on the ice.

8. Looks like Beltran is going to sign with the Mets.

The World

1. Weather! West Coast has been getting tagged with rain storms for two weeks now. The first storms have left the West Coast and become bitter cold and snowstorms in the Midwest. The West Coast is still getting hit by new storms.

2. Brad and Jen broke up.

3. Colin Powell is visiting the tsunami areas, and GB #1 and Clinton are heading American relief efforts.

4. Congress is officially back in session.

5. First week of new year in stock market was mostly a downer.

6. That woman who drowned her kids in Texas had her conviction overturned because of false testimony by an expert psyche witness in the trial.

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 09:12 PM   #5
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum
A quick rundown.

FOFC

1. lol...GWB hit it on the head. Bunch of girlfriends, wives and female sports aficionados have come out of the woodworks to join the forum this week. Go figure.

2. John Galt got pissy about some comments from others in an abortion thread and left the forum, saying he won't be back. Don't know yet whether to believe him.

3. We discovered SkyDog works out six times a week ti fit into his Patriotic Undies.

Sports

1. USC embarrassed OU in the Sugar Bowl to become nat'l champs of college football.

2. Randy Johnson is pretty much a Yankee now (not sure if it's really official yet, though).

3. Shawn Green will be a D'Back by Monday (probably).

4. Jets, Rams, Vikings and Colts won playoff games this weekend, with Moss fake-mooning the Lambeau crowd.

5. Fed judge says Jermaine O'Neal doesn't have to serve the rest of his suspension, so he's officialyl back on the court for good.

6. Canada beat Russia badly for the World Juniors championship after Russia showed up the U.S. in a classless way in the semifinals.

7. The NHL owners canceled their meeting this week, which means the season may not necessarily get canceled this week, but otherwise doesn't really seem to mean a darn thing for getting the players back on the ice.

8. Looks like Beltran is going to sign with the Mets.

The World

1. Weather! West Coast has been getting tagged with rain storms for two weeks now. The first storms have left the West Coast and become bitter cold and snowstorms in the Midwest. The West Coast is still getting hit by new storms.

2. Brad and Jen broke up.

3. Colin Powell is visiting the tsunami areas, and GB #1 and Clinton are heading American relief efforts.

4. Congress is officially back in session.

5. First week of new year in stock market was mostly a downer.

6. That woman who drowned her kids in Texas had her conviction overturned because of false testimony by an expert psyche witness in the trial.

CR

That very last tidbit is extremely disturbing.

Thanks so much, though!!!
~rpi-fan
Old 01-09-2005, 09:39 PM   #6
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

How much does Sky Dog weigh now anyways?
Old 01-09-2005, 10:40 PM   #7
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
How much does Sky Dog weigh now anyways?

that's a matter of national security soldier. I'm going to have to ask you to come with me. We can't have people asking questions like that...
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 11:06 PM   #8
Craptacular
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum
A quick rundown.
CR

I thought you said "quick".

Then again, for you, that probably was quick.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote