Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-08-2005, 05:25 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Great series of FM05 games.

Playing a fun game as Chelsea, and over the last 2 and a half weeks in game time, have had the ultimate series of games against Newcastle.

First, the League Cup Final: 1-1 After Extra time, it goes to penalties, and Chelsea wins 4-3 after six kicks.

Then a league game. 0-0, but lots of back and forth action.

Then the 5th round (round of 16) FA Cup game at Newcastle. 2-2 draw, means there will be a replay at Chelsea.

Then the 5th Round Replay, again, the two goalies are out of their world good, and we can't settle it in 90 minutes. In Extra time, Chelsea are put down to 10 men, as they suffer an injury after having used all their substitiutions.

Again, it comes down to PK's to settle it, and Chelsea do it again, 4-2 after four rounds

Wow.

SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 08:06 PM   #2
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

This game is going to kill me, I swear

Chelsea made it to the knockout round of the Champions League, and played Ajax, first leg at home, saw one of their players sent off, and our new signing Pazzini scored a hattrick in a 6-1 laugher.

So, 2nd leg, at Ajax, I put in the 1st and a half team (about 50/50 first teamers and 2nd teamers).. thinking, at worst, they'll lose by a goal or two, no biggie right?

The entire game, we're on the back foot. they score twice in the first five minutes. 2-0 at half time, 6-3 on aggregate, with 45 minutes to play.

2nd half, my back up goalie (Cudicini) lets in two fairly soft goals, and with 25 minutes to play, oh my god, it's 4-0 on the night, 6-5 on aggregate. If they score again, they'd actually be AHEAD (remember, the first tiebreaker is away goals, and they scored once at home).

I put in my first team goalie (Cech) and replace a couple defenders, and it's all hands man the pumps time as the last 20 minutes is Cech making one huge save after another..

we survive, losing 4-0 but winning 6-5 on aggregate. Thank goodness.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:10 PM   #3
Easy Mac

Don't fuck with John O'Brien... if he's healthy
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 07:38 AM   #4
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Never Never assume a tie is won in the knockout stages of the Champions League, any team which makes it that far has real talent and given half the chance can make amends for a bad first leg ... this has happened before irl a few times ...
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 08:37 AM   #5
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Chelsea have been the pk masters in my game as well. The last two European Cups have been won by the Chelskis on pks. Last season, they beat AC Milan after a 0-0 game. This year, they beat a surprisingly good Dinamo Kiev club after a 1-1 game.

SirFozzie, you going to try this game with a club that doesn't have a massive budget?
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 08:40 AM   #6
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
Don't fuck with John O'Brien... if he's healthy

Maxwell has actually been brilliant for my Ajax squad. O'Brien plays, but he's in my second 11 stuck behind the stellar Maxwell.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote