Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-08-2005, 09:29 AM   #1
BoNINwie
n00b

Question FOF/TCY Questions that need answers!

I had FOF1 a long time ago and a few weeks ago I decided to check out the new version, well $60.00 later I am hooked on both FOF2004 and TCY but I need some help!!!!
1. Can you change the coaches names?
2. Can you change the conferences the college teams are in?
3. I know the cap out button saves me money for that season, but what are the repercussions?
4. How does the void contract option work (is it less than the # mentioned or more than?)
5. How many players should I successfully recruit each season in TCY?
6. Are there real NCAA rosters for 2004 to put in TCY?
7. Is there a new Bowl Schedule I can replace the made-up bowls with? (last year was the newest update i've seen)

If there are any burning questions I may have missed we seem to have a wonderful audience on this board and i'm sure they can help you.

BoNINwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 09:33 AM   #2
Flasch186
Coordinator

welcome to the board!! um, no, no, bad, bonus money move up that year (i could be wrong), 16?, real ones to put in FOF, i dont think so (you can change their names though)....you might not want to listen to me though.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 09:48 AM   #3
Passacaglia
Coordinator

1. No
2. You can change the conference names, but colleges can't move to different conferences.
3. The cap out offer button takes the entire current year salary (except for the minimum salary) and turns it into a signing bonus. This lowers the current year cap hit, but raises it in future years, since the signing bonus is pro rated. Also, the bonus is a cap hit even if you get rid of the player, so if he gets hurt, or underperforms, you're screwed.
4. If the player meets the qualification (i.e. does more than) in the 2nd-to-last year of the contract, the last year of the contract is void. You can still renegotiate him at the end of that 2nd-to-last year, though.
5. 16 per year.
6. Nope.
7. Probably, but the TCY bowls don't really match up with real bowls. The conference tie-ins are all wacky.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2005, 10:26 AM   #4
Honolulu Blue
Dynasty Boy

Flasch and Passacaglia covered the other questions well, but I just wanted to amplify the answer to this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoNINwie
5. How many players should I successfully recruit each season in TCY?

The maximum players you can recruit in TCY each year is 16. The maximum number of scholarships you have available (for all players) is 60, so some players you recruit won't have scholarships and will be considered walk-ons. Recruits generally prefer to go anywhere that offers a scholarship to somewhere that doesn't. In case you didn't know, to recruit a walk-on, offer them a visit but DO NOT offer them a scholarship.

I find it best to recruit all 16 each year. Unless you really don't want to deal with the micromanagement the extra players will cause, you'll probably do the same.
Honolulu Blue is offline   Reply With Quote