Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-03-2005, 09:14 PM   #1
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Nice camera work by ABC

While showing a group of armed forces in Baghdad watching the game, Mike Turico asks the group of soldiers to give a wave and say hi to their loved ones at home. In their infinite wisdom, the ABC producers choose that exact moment to leave Iraq and show some 350-pound Hokie sitting on the bench by himself while we hear all the soldiers in the background audio saying "Hi" to their families.

Solid work, ABC.

Last edited by Arles : 01-03-2005 at 09:33 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:19 PM   #2
KWhit
Coordinator

I also liked their wonderful interviews with Carroll and Stoops about tomorrow's game.

Ugh.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:35 PM   #3
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

They've also missed parts of live plays while showing old replays.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 10:13 PM   #4
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
They've also missed parts of live plays while showing old replays.
My wife was screaming at the TV over that one.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 07:48 AM   #5
Butter
Coordinator

Tim Brant is the worst color commentator that I can think of. I wish I could remember any concrete examples from last night, but I had a migraine. I just remember thinking how worthless both he and Terry Bowden are.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:07 AM   #6
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69
Tim Brant is the worst color commentator that I can think of. I wish I could remember any concrete examples from last night, but I had a migraine. I just remember thinking how worthless both he and Terry Bowden are.

Bowden is worse than Brant. How many times last night did he just completely miss the facts of what happened on the field? The one that stands out the most on my mind was the comment he made about sack being a "coverage" sack and the line shouldn't be blamed. Yet, you can clearly see two players come free without even being touched, and the QB didn't even finish his drop before he had a man on him.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 08:10 AM   #7
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles
While showing a group of armed forces in Baghdad watching the game, Mike Turico asks the group of soldiers to give a wave and say hi to their loved ones at home. In their infinite wisdom, the ABC producers choose that exact moment to leave Iraq and show some 350-pound Hokie sitting on the bench by himself while we hear all the soldiers in the background audio saying "Hi" to their families.

Solid work, ABC.

I saw this too and wondered, how nice of ABC. Kind of ruined the whole mood of the spot.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 08:25 AM   #8
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69

He's the sports director/lead sports guy for ABC News & in DC now. I know he has done plenty of network stuff, but I liked the old guy (Rene Knott, now in St. Louis I think?) a lot better.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:41 AM   #9
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72
He's the sports director/lead sports guy for ABC News & in DC now. I know he has done plenty of network stuff, but I liked the old guy (Rene Knott, now in St. Louis I think?) a lot better.

We were just talking about how bad Rene Knott is here in St. Louis. I've switched to Channel 4. Maybe I was just used to Mike Bush.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 09:57 AM   #10
spleen1015
Coordinator

That 350 lbs Hokie was the guy that spot was about, him and his brother over in Baghdad.

I noticed this and thought it sucked as well. Maybe a producer is out of a job today.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote