John Galt
Pro Starter

Go Hawkeyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was absolutely amazing!

John Galt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 03:46 PM   #2
markprior22
High School Varsity

I know it was a "lucky" type of play but, damn, I felt all along that Iowa deserved to win that game. I'm glad they pulled it out.
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 03:46 PM   #3
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Greatest. Play. Ever.
Old 01-01-2005, 03:49 PM   #4
korme
Go Reds

someone want to fill me in?
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 03:49 PM   #5
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

We'll be seeing that replay for years just like the Flutie play. How 'bout them Hawks!
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 03:52 PM   #6
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Big Ten is flexing some muscle. Looks go Michigan, end it on a good note.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 04:11 PM   #7
John Galt
Pro Starter

I'm not sure the non-Hawkeye fans noticed, but there was some awful announcing in that game when it came to knowing Iowa players. At least twice, the announcers referred to Jermelle Lewis as Iowa's all-time leading rusher (to emphasize his season ending injury as being important to the team). This is the same Lewis who in 4 years has rushed for a grand total of 1150 yards. He hasn't even been a "good" running back for the Hawkeyes, much less there best ever. Just embarassing announcing.
Old 01-01-2005, 04:21 PM   #8
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

That was an AMAZING play... but I wonder how in the world did LSU leave the reciever open? What was going on there?
Old 01-01-2005, 05:01 PM   #9
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Wow now I can tell my kids about the 2004 season:
Clemson v. Ga Tech
ASU V. Ourdue
Iowa v. LSU.
Now if only they sell footage of the game or at least audio. Then I can die a happy man.
Old 01-01-2005, 05:21 PM   #10
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt
That was absolutely amazing!

Hell of an ending.

Even as the guy was catching the pass, I was certain they had mismanaged the clock to the point they were gonna lose. I still can't believe the guy was ONE: that freaking open, and TWO not tackled.

Whoot Play of the Year so far!!!
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 05:23 PM   #11
markprior22
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt
I'm not sure the non-Hawkeye fans noticed, but there was some awful announcing in that game when it came to knowing Iowa players. At least twice, the announcers referred to Jermelle Lewis as Iowa's all-time leading rusher (to emphasize his season ending injury as being important to the team). This is the same Lewis who in 4 years has rushed for a grand total of 1150 yards. He hasn't even been a "good" running back for the Hawkeyes, much less there best ever. Just embarassing announcing.

Yeah...I heard that and thought....there's no way. With all the emphasis on Iowa's depleted running attack, I wonder how they managed to screw up that piece of information so bad?
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 06:58 PM   #12
JW
College Prospect

Great game. Kudos to Iowa. I thought LSU was out of the game, but they fought back. I'm proud of that with all the turmoil regarding the coach. Our biggest problem all year long has been QB play, and of course it was terrible right up until Russell got hot in the 4th quarter. Randall can look great or terrible, and he was terrible today, especially when he gets rattled right at the start. And Iowa had a lot to do w/that. I figured from the start the game would be good and close and at the end actually figured it would be decided on a long field goal attempt. It is easy to say someone deserved the win more, but Iowa played a great game and LSU made a great comeback when it looked like they were out of it. Really great game.

As to the last play, I actually think Iowa mismanaged the clock and it worked to their advantage. Seriously. Based on what I've read on LSU forums and what I saw on TV, LSU's defense was set up for a shorter pass, a 10-15 yarder for Iowa to get into position for a field goal. The DB covering the receiver who caught the TD pass sat down in a zone about 20 yards downfield and let the receiver run by him. They did not expect Iowa to run the clock down and just get one play off at the end. I don't think anyone did. That DB and the safety were actually yelling at each other before the play. They were confused. And who would have expected it. Everyone was expecting Iowa to either spike the ball or call a TO. Instead they let about 15 seconds run off the clock before their last play and then just threw one hail mary when they could've gotten off 2-3 shorter passes. A long explanation, but to put it simply LSU was not playing a last-play prevent defense. You can call it either great coaching by Iowa or poor coaching by LSU or dumb luck, lol. You also have to credit the Iowa QB for seeing what was going on and finding the open guy.
JW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 07:08 PM   #13
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I wish I had continued watching that game. I'll look for highlights tonight.
Old 01-01-2005, 07:13 PM   #14
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

Being a Kentucky fan that was at that game a few years ago I loved the play that happened today.
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 07:34 PM   #15
JW
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetPractice6
Being a Kentucky fan that was at that game a few years ago I loved the play that happened today.

Lol. I understand. But it has happened to us twice since that game, today and against Arkansas in 02. Hope you weren't one of those pictured running out onto the field while the Bluegrass Miracle play was in progress.
JW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 08:27 PM   #16
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW
Lol. I understand. But it has happened to us twice since that game, today and against Arkansas in 02. Hope you weren't one of those pictured running out onto the field while the Bluegrass Miracle play was in progress.
No, I stayed in the stands. If there is a way to lose Kentucky will find it...
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote