Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-19-2004, 10:18 PM   #1
AnalBumCover
College Starter

FOFC PokerStars Tournament (MAIN EVENT) 01/09/05

Here it is, folks... The Main Event.

Please note, this is a $20+2 buy-in tournament. Let's try to get a big turnout for this one!

Code:
ID# 4185388 FOFC Dean Houston Invitational 2005 No Limit Hold'em $20+2 Sunday, January 9 2005, 21:00 ET password: newyear

Good Luck!
ABC

Last edited by AnalBumCover : 12-25-2004 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Changed the title of event
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 10:24 PM   #2
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Maybe we could have a few satellites with like a $5.50 entry fee for those wavering?
Old 12-19-2004, 10:25 PM   #3
TLK
Pro Starter

If anyone needs a Paypal (or even Party) to PokerStars transfer, say the word.... Here's hoping we can at least have a full table.....

Last edited by TLK : 12-19-2004 at 10:55 PM.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 10:26 PM   #4
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
Maybe we could have a few satellites with like a $5.50 entry fee for those wavering?
Miminum to set up a private tourney is $10+1
Old 12-19-2004, 10:26 PM   #5
Suicane75
Coordinator

Not that im against this, but i thought the initial premise was to get as many people as possible? We arnt even gonna get as many as we usualy do with a $20 buy in I dont think.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 10:28 PM   #6
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Lets get a good turnout. If everyone puts away a dollar a day between now and then that is the entry fee. Or you could use that dollar to feed a village in africa, it's up to you.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 10:30 PM   #7
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
Lets get a good turnout. If everyone puts away a dollar a day between now and then that is the entry fee. Or you could use that dollar to feed a village in africa, it's up to you.

Most of us do not win 2 grand playing poker.

Last edited by GoldenEagle : 12-19-2004 at 10:46 PM.
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2004, 10:34 PM   #8
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Most have do not win 2 grand playing poker.
true, someone call the grammer police
Old 12-19-2004, 10:35 PM   #9
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
indeed. i've read it 5 times, and am still trying to figure it out.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:47 PM   #10
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

But after we call the spelling police.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:55 PM   #11
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
But after we call the spelling police.
LOL
Old 12-20-2004, 10:37 AM   #12
Radii
Head Coach

This will be a great tourney to end my streak of finishing out of the money
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 10:53 AM   #13
JeeberD
General Manager

I'll make it if I can...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 11:33 AM   #14
MJ4H
Coordinator

I think there are other options for this tournament besides poker stars, which allow lower buyins than $11 for private tournaments. I think this option should be explored for the future tournaments. At least I would love to have a large field rather than the 5-12 avg that it has been. Of course I would actually play with a smaller buyin, whereas I really just cant afford $11 every week or two.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 11:35 AM   #15
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Count me in!!! I haven't played with ya'll yet but I will for sure plan in this one!!

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 12:03 PM   #16
TLK
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman
I think there are other options for this tournament besides poker stars, which allow lower buyins than $11 for private tournaments. I think this option should be explored for the future tournaments. At least I would love to have a large field rather than the 5-12 avg that it has been. Of course I would actually play with a smaller buyin, whereas I really just cant afford $11 every week or two.

Actually, we haven't had less than a full table in a good long while, like six months. With the way we've been playing lately, a tournament with 20 people could run three or more hours. Don't get me wrong though, I'd love to see another 20+, just not with the buy-in of $5.00.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:14 PM   #17
MJ4H
Coordinator

I dont think you will get that many with $11 buy-in again.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:27 PM   #18
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Mabye I am being a jerk, and if I am I apologize because it isn't my intent but here it is. As far as I know you need to deposit at least fifty dollars to buy in to pokerstars. Now I respect everyone who plays no matter what the stakes, but my question is if you can't afford $11 once a week mabye you shouldn't be playing online poker at all?
Old 12-20-2004, 09:43 PM   #19
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Mabye I am being a jerk, and if I am I apologize because it isn't my intent but here it is. As far as I know you need to deposit at least fifty dollars to buy in to pokerstars. Now I respect everyone who plays no matter what the stakes, but my question is if you can't afford $11 once a week mabye you shouldn't be playing online poker at all?

I dont think your being a jerk, I just think the initial point of the tournament was to be a little get together and have some fun. I can definetly say that the chatter and fun of my first 2 tournaments has sort of died down and I thought the point of waiting 2 weeks was to get some more levity and fun with more players in the mix, and i'm just saying that a $20 buy in is not gonna bring that.

And I think some people would like to play for $11, if just to be apart of the thing, knowing that they maybe arnt as good as some of the players. But for $20 I think you can throw alot of those people out.

It depends on what you want more, a friendly get together for decent stakes, or the WSOFOFP.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:46 PM   #20
Suicane75
Coordinator

BTW, I can make tournaments over on AP, its a little more restrictive so we would need to have everyone together on a start time, but if we can get 5-6 or more people interested in a straight stud or omaha game sometime, id be willing to set it up.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:11 PM   #21
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:

listen, you fucking jerk...

ok, seriously.
one of these days I'm going to get around to putting $50 in a pokerstars...but when I do that, I'll be playing at the small money tables, where I actually feel I'd have a feasible chance to at least break even, or maybe sneak into the black. From a $$$ standpoint, I don't like my chances at winning against you guys.
If money wasn't so tight and I actually had $11 to blow on a game, I'd be there in a heartbeat. But, I'm poor, so I need to think about my chances on recouping at least some of my investment.
Old 12-21-2004, 06:44 AM   #22
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
listen, you fucking jerk...

ok, seriously.
one of these days I'm going to get around to putting $50 in a pokerstars...but when I do that, I'll be playing at the small money tables, where I actually feel I'd have a feasible chance to at least break even, or maybe sneak into the black. From a $$$ standpoint, I don't like my chances at winning against you guys.
If money wasn't so tight and I actually had $11 to blow on a game, I'd be there in a heartbeat. But, I'm poor, so I need to think about my chances on recouping at least some of my investment.

I guess DD didn't read the "Mabye I am being a jerk, and if I am I apologize because it isn't my intent but here it is" in the beginning of Lathum's post

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 12-21-2004, 08:03 AM   #23
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

holy cow, I don't know how I missed that, especially since I quoted it. TWICE.
Old 12-21-2004, 08:59 PM   #24
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75
And I think some people would like to play for $11, if just to be apart of the thing, knowing that they maybe arnt as good as some of the players. But for $20 I think you can throw alot of those people out.

Well said ... and you could pretty much use me as an example of one of those.
Old 12-21-2004, 09:28 PM   #25
apoc
Mascot

I will be there as long as Radii promises not to get Aces when I have Kings this time
apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 10:08 PM   #26
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
I hope you aren't serious here. I mean you do realize I said $11 a WEEK right? One finish out of the money is over a fifth of that $50 bankroll. Now, I usually deposit the absolute minimum into a poker site and play the smallest tables possible until I get enough to move up a level. This plan doesn't work well when I'm taking $11 hits per week just to play with some friends. So I think you are being a little high and mighty with that shouldn't be playing online bullcrap so blow it out your ear.

Edit - and I think the elitist attitude that sprung up at the mere mention of trying to get a lower buy-in for these get-togethers has made me decide I'd be better off not even bothering. You guys go right on without me. Make it a $100 FOFC heads-up match for all I care.

Last edited by MJ4H : 12-21-2004 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:17 PM   #27
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Hate to break up the party, but the event at PokerStars has been cancelled due to the vulgarness of the event name. In addition, looks like my ability to set up private tournaments has been revoked too.

I'll start up dialogue with them to possibly make that temporary. After all, I WILL NOT ACCEPT A BANNING!

At least we have cartman with the ability to set up private tournaments. We'll need to get another one set up for Jan 9.

Quote:
Hello Robert,

It came to my attention the posting of the following event:

Tournament #4071976, NoLimit Hold'em
TournName: 'FOFC Rectal Trout Invitational 2005'

It sounds vulgar and the privilege has been revoked as result of this. The
event has been cancelled as well.

Please do not hesitate to contact us at anytime.

Regards,

Douglas
PokerStars Support Team
Old 12-21-2004, 10:21 PM   #28
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover
Hate to break up the party, but the event at PokerStars has been cancelled due to the vulgarness of the event name. In addition, looks like my ability to set up private tournaments has been revoked too.

I'll start up dialogue with them to possibly make that temporary. After all, I WILL NOT ACCEPT A BANNING!

At least we have cartman with the ability to set up private tournaments. We'll need to get another one set up for Jan 9.

Im sure if you email them and explain things they'll let you redo it, their support is pretty good.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:23 PM   #29
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I think Douglas has a trout in his ass.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:23 PM   #30
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Email Douglas and tell him that youve created a small niche tournament catering specifically to people who dont mind fish in the butt. If he hesitates or falters tell him that the Ladies Man will be in touch to rectify any misunderstandings.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:27 PM   #31
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
One finish out of the money is over a fifth of that $50 bankroll. Now, I usually deposit the absolute minimum into a poker site and play the smallest tables possible until I get enough to move up a level. This plan doesn't work well when I'm taking $11 hits per week just to play with some friends.

Well, so far in this, it sounds like you've got about the same approach to this I do -- it's something to mess around with, it's not life or death, and a fairly significant objective could be described as "making the absolute minimum stretch at least a reasonable amount of time".

Quote:
So I think you are being a little high and mighty with that shouldn't be playing online bullcrap so blow it out your ear.

Hmm ... I think what we've seen a bit of in this thread is the serious gap that exists between some of the tiers of online poker players. For me (and I get the impression that you're at least similar), the money isn't particularly "the thing" or at least it's not the overwhelmingly overriding point to it all; it's something to pass some time with ... and passing that time includes an element of challenge that might be described as "seeing how far that initial investment will go".

Put into other, maybe more concrete terms -- I put $50 into a pokerstars account rather like I might spend $50 buying a PC game. The odds of me investing another $50, in the event I lose that initial investement, are 50/50 at best & even that might be stretching it. The odds that I'd put more than another $50 (total $100) into it are bordering on microscopic.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:28 PM   #32
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoc
I will be there as long as Radii promises not to get Aces when I have Kings this time

That didn't help me any anyway! So I'll try not to do that again
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 10:36 PM   #33
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Im sure if you email them and explain things they'll let you redo it, their support is pretty good.

and, could you please continue to share that correspondence with us? I'm really looking forward to hearing how you explain that title!
Old 12-21-2004, 10:38 PM   #34
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
I just replied with an explanation. I'll keep you posted.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:39 PM   #35
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
and, could you please continue to share that correspondence with us? I'm really looking forward to hearing how you explain that title!
Heh. I didn't explain the title. I just told 'em it was a one-time thing....I was lonely one night, and all I had in the fridge was this fish.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:42 PM   #36
TLK
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover

oh fucking my

Last edited by TLK : 12-21-2004 at 10:45 PM.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:43 PM   #37
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:

Yeah, just be like "Hey dude, fritz and marmel started this trout in the recutm joke on this football text sim forum (You know, like Madden except without the pretty pictures) where we talk about boobies and pass around pictures of a muscular black gent in patriotic underwear, we like to laugh about it, ya know, like the collosall squid, except we dont put the squid inside anyones rectum. So as you can see, its all very innocent and I appologize for the vulgarity. My sincerest appologies and I hope you can see fit to unban my suspension and allow me out of the box and to continue to make tournaments for my fellow text simmers and I.

P.S.- If you uphold my suspension I will laugh when you break your leg, you fucking elitist."

Last edited by Suicane75 : 12-21-2004 at 10:44 PM.
Old 12-21-2004, 10:44 PM   #38
TLK
Pro Starter

I don't see why everyone is getting bent out of shape over this. The $20 deal is a one time thing, for those who want to participate. After that, it goes back to the $10 tournaments (which is the lowest buy-in that PS allows). What's the big deal?
Old 12-21-2004, 10:52 PM   #39
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
ABC,

If you can't get the privs back, I'll create the "2005 Only Annual FOFC RecTrt Invitational"
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 11:03 PM   #40
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLionKing
I don't see why everyone is getting bent out of shape over this. The $20 deal is a one time thing, for those who want to participate. After that, it goes back to the $10 tournaments (which is the lowest buy-in that PS allows). What's the big deal?

No big deal. Just thought it might be nice to include people that arent pros in your tournaments (not speaking of just the 20 buy in). I wont worry about it anymore though since its obviously not something anyone but me is worried about ,so carry on.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:13 PM   #41
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
No big deal. Just thought it might be nice to include people that arent pros in your tournaments (not speaking of just the 20 buy in). I wont worry about it anymore though since its obviously not something anyone but me is worried about ,so carry on.

I would love for everyone to be able to play. I often play in the $1-$3 buy in multi table tournies. If I sounded elitist or insensitive in anyway then I truly apologize. I really look forward to the sunday night game and i hope more people continue to participate.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:29 PM   #42
TLK
Pro Starter

Quote:
I would love for everyone to be able to play. I often play in the $1-$3 buy in multi table tournies. If I sounded elitist or insensitive in anyway then I truly apologize. I really look forward to the sunday night game and i hope more people continue to participate.

BINGO

I'm not really sure how to get anymore people to participate though, and I don't think anyone else has brought up anything....
Old 12-22-2004, 10:50 AM   #43
MJ4H
Coordinator

Well I offered the suggestion of having a tournament with a lower buy-in, maybe just a couple of bucks.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:27 AM   #44
TLK
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well I offered the suggestion of having a tournament with a lower buy-in, maybe just a couple of bucks.

The lowest buy-in on Stars is the 10+1....
Old 12-22-2004, 11:28 AM   #45
MJ4H
Coordinator

Luckily, Poker Stars is not the only poker site.
Old 12-25-2004, 03:29 PM   #46
AnalBumCover
College Starter

I've successfully regained my privileges to create private tourneys, albeit under probationary terms, whatever that means. Here's the info on the newly created tournament:

Code:
ID# 4185388 FOFC Dean Houston Invitational 2005 No Limit Hold'em $20+2 Sunday, January 9 2005, 21:00 ET password: newyear

Good luck!
ABC
Old 12-25-2004, 05:18 PM   #47
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Count me in!!!

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 01-03-2005, 02:42 PM   #48
TLK
Pro Starter

bump
Old 01-03-2005, 02:42 PM   #49
JeeberD
General Manager

I'll be working that night, so still no appearance from me...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 07:44 PM   #50
sportsfan13
H.S. Freshman Team

still in...
sportsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote