Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-11-2004, 10:30 PM   #1
zums
H.S. Freshman Team

Question Fantasy Football - who should i start?

Ok, need some advice on who i should start for my first playoff game this week. Here's the relevent part of my roster:

starters:

RB:
Westbrook
Goings

WR:
C. Johnson
K McCardell

I need to start one more player (rb or wr) and it basically comes down to either Eddie Kennison or Larry Johnson. My other options consist of Holmes (out for season, basicallly tanked my season from first to barely making the playoffs), Burress (out), A. Thomas, or A. Smith.

Just wondering what people feel i should do between the two Chiefs players. Obviously Kennison is going to start for sure while Johnson will likely be splitting time w/ Blaylock. However, the Titans generally have a decent pass defense, and Johnson has scored both of the last two weeks. Opions are much appreciated!!

-zums

ps - side question: I benched Plummer at qb and put in Aaron Brooks vs. the Cowboys. Smart move? I also have Griese as well.

zums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 08:29 AM   #2
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I would definitely start Larry Johnson. He may not get the bulk of the carries, but even a smaller amount of carries for a Chiefs' running back seems to translate into a lot of fantasy points. Something to consider as well: Kennison has been playing fairly well as of late. You might prefer him to McCardell, who has a pretty tough matchup against the Bucs and hasn't done much of worth since coming to San Diego anyway.

And yes, playing Brooks against Dallas' defense is a lot better than Plummer against Miami's (pass) defense. Griese is worth consideration too, but I think Brooks is a better choice.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 09:51 AM   #3
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I was going to write something, but basically I agree 100% with JAG's assessment.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 11:23 AM   #4
TLK
Pro Starter

I need to start two of these three.... any opinions?

H. Ward vs NYJ
C. Chambers @ Den
J. Porter @ ATL
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 12:04 PM   #5
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

TheLionKing: I'd take Ward and Porter of those two. Ward is a stud and can explode against any D, even though Roethlisburger doesn't throw that much. And Porter has come into his own the last few weeks and will probably be going up against Hall, who in his rookie learning experience, has gotten burned a few times.